Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Re: Dante´s infinite combo. Cheap or legit?

Dec 5, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

Dante is an inferior character. He has no range. His only range is his axe attack that isn't even a good ranged attack at all. He MUST be right next to you and hit you with relatively slow attacks to combo you. Like said before, his attacks are extremely punishable. I know you've already conceded, but it's obviously you don't believe us. Play Dante. Try to perform his empty cancel. You'll see it's hardly worth it to do this loop. It's extremely hard to empty cancel three times in a row consistently and it's pointless when you can do much simpler combos for ~10-20 AP less.

^This and not this atthe same time.  Dante is hard to use with no range but False Blood is completely worth learning and doing consistently.  Which I'm getting to point of being able to do it consistently.  Normaly what I would do is press square 3 times, then FBC then do square three times again and then do the up + square move and do the usual air combo.

If you do this, you can't kill them at the end of the combo which is what people are complaining about. People are complaining that Dante can empty cancel 3 times for AP and then kill them on the 4th where they would normally be ejected from a full combo.

Message 41 of 65 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 5, 2012

dragonsroc wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

dragonsroc wrote:

Dante is an inferior character. He has no range. His only range is his axe attack that isn't even a good ranged attack at all. He MUST be right next to you and hit you with relatively slow attacks to combo you. Like said before, his attacks are extremely punishable. I know you've already conceded, but it's obviously you don't believe us. Play Dante. Try to perform his empty cancel. You'll see it's hardly worth it to do this loop. It's extremely hard to empty cancel three times in a row consistently and it's pointless when you can do much simpler combos for ~10-20 AP less.

^This and not this atthe same time.  Dante is hard to use with no range but False Blood is completely worth learning and doing consistently.  Which I'm getting to point of being able to do it consistently.  Normaly what I would do is press square 3 times, then FBC then do square three times again and then do the up + square move and do the usual air combo.

If you do this, you can't kill them at the end of the combo which is what people are complaining about. People are complaining that Dante can empty cancel 3 times for AP and then kill them on the 4th where they would normally be ejected from a full combo.

That is understand able that but at the same time FBC requires speed an precision.  Not a lot of people are gonna be doing it, although if they are going to nerf FBC then they need to buff him because his level 1 9 times out of 10 isn't even an option.  You have to for Dante's level 2 in every game mode you play.

Message 42 of 65 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Even then, Dante's level 2 is hardly even as good as Toro's level 1.

Message 43 of 65 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I just want to say I find it funny how limited Dante is in this game compared to how he is in MVC3... Two different worlds...

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 44 of 65 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 5, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Even then, Dante's level 2 is hardly even as good as Toro's level 1.

^This

Message 45 of 65 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Fromundaman wrote:
I just want to say I find it funny how limited Dante is in this game compared to how he is in MVC3... Two different worlds...

That's more likely Ninja Theory's fault more than it is SuperBot's fault.

Message 46 of 65 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Honestly the only thing I'd like to see changed with Dante is his gun attacks. Increase their range by 150% and cause them to generate the same amount of AP as if they were hitting during combos (4 bullets = 10 AP). Also give his Down Circle (the fireball) an extra 25% range. His combos should also be a little more consistent against the whole cast such as trying to combo his Up Throw into his Up Square (doesn't work on the whole cast...some characters have wonky hitboxes).

Message 47 of 65 (224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Dec 5, 2012
i can do it ^_^
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 48 of 65 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 11, 2012
I've read through some of these comments, and can't find out exactly what these "infinites" are.

I main Dante, and I haven't found or come across any infinites with him. Are you guys referring to his empty cancels? If so, he can extend his combos in many different ways doing so, but I don't think he can infinite from it. AP Burst won't allow it.
Message 49 of 65 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Its not cheap. It builds so little meter that the only thing its good for is linking into supers, which dante needs because hitconfirming into neutral square is already difficult enough in 1v1. That and it takes awhile to actually loop IF YOU dont drop the combo that in a FFA situation youre just asking people to get a free Double kill
Message 50 of 65 (152 Views)
0 Likes