Jan 28 2013
By: xFeyBlade Lombax Warrior 159 posts

Dante dash, super armor?

18 replies 337 views Edited Jan 28, 2013
Anyone else think maybe adding super armor to Dantes dash might not be such a bad thing?

After watching asis vs pb mal, I had a decent epiphany. Dante has literally no way to beat someone who has a ranged attack and is faster than himself, like Cole. I main Cole, 999 and I find him to be a skilful character, however in the matchup vs Dante, Dante was at the mercy of Cole, outright, because of Coles speed and ranged initiates.

Dante needs something not much, but something. he has no safe way to approach and this might be something to make him a safer approach character rather than a punisher of mistskes. That's not Dante in my eyes, he should be pushing the pace all game, but he can't, its too unsafe. He has no ranged attacks, he needs this sort of minor boost to compete on an even level imo.
Message 1 of 19 (337 Views)
Survivor
2457 posts

Re: Dante dash, super armor?

Jan 28, 2013
Some characters just have bad matchups. It's part of the game. They shouldn't add a move to him just because he has a few bad match ups.
Message 2 of 19 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 28, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Some characters just have bad matchups. It's part of the game. They shouldn't add a move to him just because he has a few bad match ups.

Well, it's not adding a move, just changing its properties.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 3 of 19 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Still. That wouldnt make any sense. Of that's what they're gonna do then they should give Radec better up close game. And give every character an ap gaining move, like toro and parappa.
Message 4 of 19 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jan 28, 2013
I guess, it just seems like Dante is some sort of wimpy defense maniac whereas he's supposed to be a bad **bleep** brawler, flying off the handle in style all the time. In psas he just defends all day and hopes for a counter hit to land. Not very Dante-esque in my mind is all, and that match really made that fact stick out like a gnarly sore thumb
Message 5 of 19 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Jan 28, 2013

i agree but i think they should just make is guns more effective outside of comboing that way he can zone in return and make a little space.  Other than that PB could have gotten in he just started getting very predicable you should angel dash on flat ground fighting a cole... its like trying to fight a FP in the air its just dumb

xFeyBlade wrote:
I guess, it just seems like Dante is some sort of wimpy defense maniac whereas he's supposed to be a bad **bleep** brawler, flying off the handle in style all the time. In psas he just defends all day and hopes for a counter hit to land. Not very Dante-esque in my mind is all, and that match really made that fact stick out like a gnarly sore thumb

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 6 of 19 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Well, you and I both know that a tether will hit an opponent on the ground. If we can tether a toro, we can tether a Dante using dash on flat ground.
Message 7 of 19 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I believe I suggested this long ago.

I agree, on the ground only, at least.

Message 8 of 19 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4360 posts

Jan 28, 2013
I prefer "wave dash", not super armor.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 19 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 28, 2013

FredFai wrote:
I prefer "wave dash", not super armor.

What's next? They're going to add "snaking" to LBP Karting? Smiley LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 10 of 19 (262 Views)
0 Likes