Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Dante: Why is it the not the original Dante?

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

@Ginwolf

Trying to dive deeper into this debate by breaking down key words is not going to make new dante likeable. People just don't like him and this is nothing but a corporate stunt. The original dante would have made sense with his history on playstation 2, But no they choose the new one everybody has been hating on for years and is multiplatform.

If it is a coporate stunt, then just accept it. Stop being picky and quit whining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You forgot to take the safety off, rookie.
Message 31 of 46 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Ginwolf wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

M-Pyre wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

A alt costume ain't gonna fix dante, We still his his awful voice and the different way he fights.

Don't use him if you don't like him.  If he's in, he'll grow on people, just like how most people hated Fat Princess and Radec but now a lot of people like and use them.  Don't be so negative.

you can't blame the guy for wanting something better when it's very much in the realm of possibilities. but you are right once everything has been confirmed by superbot them selfs. cause then it has been set in stone and we can't change it anymore. or maybe we can if we keep nagging about it?

Well "better" is very subjective.  Some people could hate Old Dante and love New Dante, for example.  However, this change isn't really up to SuperBot, regardless.  If New Dante is actually in, Capcom has been responsible this whole time, and they're not going to budge.  They haven't yet as far as New Dante goes, so I doubt they'd budge on this.  UNLESS Seth Killian is on GREAT terms with Capcom, then there's a shot.

Trying to dive deeper into this debate by breaking down key words is not going to make new dante likeable. People just don't like him and this is nothing but a corporate stunt. The original dante would have made sense with his history on playstation 2, But no they choose the new one everybody has been hating on for years and is multiplatform.

Again, people didn't like Fat Princess, either.  Look what happened there.  People didn't like Radec.  Look what happened there.  Just because people don't like him NOW, you can't assume they'll ALWAYS hate him.  I didn't want certain characters, but after seeing what SuperBot did I became more accepting.  I don't care how many people don't like New Dante, it's almost definitely not going to change if it hasn't already.  Capcom actually said that in their tweet about PSAS.  Being a whiny **bleep** won't change this.  Do I like New Dante?  No, I downright hate him at this point, but I'm not going to moan about it incessantly as if it'll change.  We don't even know if New Dante's actually in the game at this point, and people are still throwing a temper tantrum like they're five.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 32 of 46 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

M-Pyre wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Ginwolf wrote:

A alt costume ain't gonna fix dante, We still his his awful voice and the different way he fights.

Don't use him if you don't like him.  If he's in, he'll grow on people, just like how most people hated Fat Princess and Radec but now a lot of people like and use them.  Don't be so negative.

you can't blame the guy for wanting something better when it's very much in the realm of possibilities. but you are right once everything has been confirmed by superbot them selfs. cause then it has been set in stone and we can't change it anymore. or maybe we can if we keep nagging about it?

Well "better" is very subjective.  Some people could hate Old Dante and love New Dante, for example.  However, this change isn't really up to SuperBot, regardless.  If New Dante is actually in, Capcom has been responsible this whole time, and they're not going to budge.  They haven't yet as far as New Dante goes, so I doubt they'd budge on this.  UNLESS Seth Killian is on GREAT terms with Capcom, then there's a shot.

Again, people didn't like Fat Princess, either.  Look what happened there.  People didn't like Radec.  Look what happened there.  Just because people don't like him NOW, you can't assume they'll ALWAYS hate him.  I didn't want certain characters, but after seeing what SuperBot did I became more accepting.  I don't care how many people don't like New Dante, it's almost definitely not going to change if it hasn't already.  Capcom actually said that in their tweet about PSAS.  Being a whiny **bleep** won't change this.  Do I like New Dante?  No, I downright hate him at this point, but I'm not going to moan about it incessantly as if it'll change.  We don't even know if New Dante's actually in the game at this point, and people are still throwing a temper tantrum like they're five.

You keep bringing up fat princess and radec but I don't recall there ever been hate on them. They were perfectly reasonable and easy to accept at that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 33 of 46 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jul 29, 2012

there was hate on fp being a slot waster and not asked for

Message 34 of 46 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Ginwolf wrote:

You keep bring up fan princess and radec but I don't recall there ever been hate on them. They were perfectly reasonable and easy to accept at that.

How do you NOT remember the FP rage?  "SHE'S NOT AN ALL-STAR!  WHY IS SHE IN?  THIS GAME'S GONNA SUCK!"  With Radec it was "NO GUN CHARACTERS, THIS GAME WILL SUCK."  These went on for quite some time, with a lot of FP hate lasting until just a few days ago when the bet came out.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 35 of 46 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Jul 29, 2012

I not like this dante, i preffer Zero from capcom...but...nothing can help now, the damage is already done. thanks superbot for nothing Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 46 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Re: Dante: Why is it not the original Dante?

Jul 29, 2012
Well, I like new Dante... just saying. Every character has a fanbase.
Message 37 of 46 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jul 29, 2012

I'm guessing they chose the new design to help promote the next DmC game. Same with Heihachi and Raiden if the leaks are true.

Message 38 of 46 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jul 29, 2012

Same reason with Lightning to promote Final Fantasy 13 and further another hint to Final Fantasy 13-3.

Message 39 of 46 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jul 29, 2012

DMC4 Dante > DMC Animated Series Dante >  DMC3 Dante > DMC1 Dante > DMC2 Dante > Lady > Trish > Nero > New Dante

IMO

Message 40 of 46 (54 Views)
0 Likes