Splicer
58 posts

Re: Dante...What do ya think?

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

I don't mind the new Dante as I was never too attached to the original Dante in the first place. It makes sense that they would use the new model from a business standpoint, of course, and who's to say that original Dante won't get some sort of recognition maybe as an alt costume?  Also we need to realize that if Nariko is going to be in the game then new Dante will most certainly be in, as well.

Message 51 of 55 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 3, 2012

The bottom line is that this new Dante isn't a Playstation All-star. The original Dante, the one that whos first three games appeared exclusively on a playstation console (until the HD remaster), is the true playstation all-star. If you like the new Dante, awesome. I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just saying I don't think any Devil May Cry fan would have a problem with the old Dante in the game, but the fan base is pretty split on the new one.

Message 52 of 55 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 3, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

TravisBlake wrote:

I've been wondering for a while how I feel about new Dante. The game looks cool...the world looks cool...the art direction looks cool. The only thing that slightly concerns me is the potential to mess up big elements in the storyline. Like Vergil...for example. He was a big deal in the previous universe...and I would hope that they don't wipe him out completely. I don't have the biggest opinion of new Dante yet...as I haven't played the new game. I like how he has the whole cocky arrogant thing going on...but I just hope that they don't push it a bit toooo far. Like...the old Dante was an adult kinda cool most of the time: Stylish, laid back....but with a nature that got him excited in over the top destructive moments. I'm just hoping this new Dante doesn't push the evelope with too far in the direction of "teenager cool." Like...you know...that kinda crap that's portrayed as cool in teen movies...but is actually just brash, obnoxious, youthful arrogance that comes across as more mean-spirited than anything else. Like a worse version of a Taylor Lautner character. Yuck. But...that's not a complaint. That's a fear. I don't think they would push him too far...but you never know. The new Dante has the potential to be either really awesome or really horrible. As far as him being in PSAS....I think it's a cool idea. In comparison to all of the other realistically proportioned human characters...I like how he's the "young one." He sorta brings the fresh experience to the game universe and it'd be cool to see him alongside the likes of Cole McGrath, Nathan Drake, Radec, and Kratos.

Dont worry about Vergil, he is in the new DmC. the director said they are saving his reveal for a later date. 

Ahhh. Thank goodness. I missed that one...but that's some good news. So then it's still the same over-all directive arc...just with a lot more detail and explanation in this new storyline. That seems like a pretty cool deal. I know that when DmC comes out I'm at least renting it to see how it feels.

Photobucket
Message 53 of 55 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Aug 4, 2012
Dmc first day buy and glad he's in Psas I'd be simply settling for less for a Main otherwise
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 54 of 55 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Aug 5, 2012
As my signature below says:
New Dante>Old Dante

Give him a chance
Message 55 of 55 (64 Views)
0 Likes