Wastelander
673 posts

Re: Dante...What do ya think?

Aug 3, 2012
True, I also think Classic Dante'll have an alternate costume. Like I said I think its new Dante.

Yes I'm sure Theres crazy hate for the poor Chap but I don't see as much here then most places so this its why I wanna see who wants to see him who doesn't how many will voice. I'm sure many will go through most of the roster but would you be OK with new Dante being in Psas if this is truth and why?
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 11 of 55 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Aug 3, 2012

i hate new dante, i was one of the few people in the begging trying to defend him but now hes just a **bleep**, old dante was cocky and arrogant, but new dante just curses, flips people off, and streaks, and the game does look good but it looks to slow compared to older games.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 12 of 55 (100 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 3, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

i hate new dante, i was one of the few people in the begging trying to defend him but now hes just a **bleep**, old dante was cocky and arrogant, but new dante just curses, flips people off, and streaks, and the game does look good but it looks to slow compared to older games.

No offense, but I think New Dante pretty much ills the whole, cocky and arrogant part pretty well. I agree that he curses too much, but that's literally my only gripe. And honestly, what made you stop defending him? He might not be as great as Old Dante to some people, but he's still decent. Honestly, I respect your opinion, but I'm just curious.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 13 of 55 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Aug 3, 2012
Not if you like ninja theory's game but what's your opinion on him in Psas?
==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 14 of 55 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Aug 3, 2012

... Seriously? Didn't anyone say this yet?
The Big Daddy has his Bioshock  1 look, and there is a stage from Bioshock Infinite, past and future of the game. This could mean that even if that Kat is from Dmc, it doesn't mean Dante will have his new look.

Message 15 of 55 (89 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Don't understand the hype about him, his games are good but Dante, in my opinion, isn't memorable. Still I respect that he is a firm favourite among many fans.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 16 of 55 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 3, 2012

JJWheatley wrote:

Don't understand the hype about him, his games are good but Dante, in my opinion, isn't memorable. Still I respect that he is a firm favourite among many fans.

I respect your opinion, but let's be honest, how is Fat Princess more memorable than Dante? I know she's one of the best selling PSN games, but still, I didn't know about her until this game was revealed.

Message 17 of 55 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Aug 3, 2012

CountMario wrote:

JJWheatley wrote:

I respect your opinion, but let's be honest, how is Fat Princess more memorable than Dante? I know she's one of the best selling PSN games, but still, I didn't know about her until this game was revealed.

Oh yeah, I completely agree with you there. I should've made that clear, in comparison to characters such as Jak, Ratchet, Kratos, Nathan Drake and Sackboy, who I would consider staples for the PS systems, I just don't feel as if Dante is as memorable as these characters. You're right he is more memorable than Fat Princess but you need a representation from the Network and I feel SuperBot handled it quite well, would've preferred a character from thatgamecompany though.

JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 18 of 55 (79 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Aug 3, 2012

CountMario wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

No offense, but I think New Dante pretty much ills the whole, cocky and arrogant part pretty well. I agree that he curses too much, but that's literally my only gripe. And honestly, what made you stop defending him? He might not be as great as Old Dante to some people, but he's still decent. Honestly, I respect your opinion, but I'm just curious.

in the begging I was defending him because i though this was his origin story showing how he became the current dante but as more and more interviews with the developers came out and with more conversations i had with the OG fans i found myself starting to also see why this new dante wasnt even needed because hes a way worse character than the original who wasnt even that bad  , the developer dont even know if to call this game a reboot, origin story, or parallel universe, that and people still think that the only reason OG DMC fans dont want the game is because of his hair color, and its not that anymore its all about the gameplay.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 19 of 55 (76 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

CountMario wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

in the begging I was defending him because i though this was his origin story showing how he became the current dante but as more and more interviews with the developers came out and with more conversations i had with the OG fans i found myself starting to also see why this new dante wasnt even needed because hes a way worse character than the original who wasnt even that bad  , the developer dont even know if to call this game a reboot, origin story, or parallel universe, that and people still think that the only reason OG DMC fans dont want the game is because of his hair color, and its not that anymore its all about the gameplay.

It is a reboot though. I don't know where you're talking about the developers not knowing what this game is. And how can you judge New's character to be worse than Old's when we haven't even played his game yet? All we've sen so far is gameplay and a taste of his personality, that's it. And reboots are going to be different, that's the whole pint of it. I will agree that the series didn't need this reboot, but that doesn't mean this'll be bad at all. And also, most people still don't want New because of the hair color and how he smoked and looked emo in the first teaser, which Ninja Theory removed later on. Just go on anyDmC YouTube video and you see millions of the guys. The only complaint I've seen about the gameplay is that it's slower than the old gameplay, that's literally it.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with your reasoning. And keep in mind, I am ALSO an OG DMC fan.

Message 20 of 55 (71 Views)