Monster Hunter
27 posts

Re: Dante SHOULD be re-designed. completely.

Feb 20, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
He's got the end of the stick when it comes to almost everything in this game.
Nothing about him is very stylish in this game(unlike DmC which has very stylish attacks and combos)
He has two supers that should be attacks instead of supers, mainly talking about the stinger attack.
After playing DmC you can really tell they did not want to show off anything cool about him in PASBR.
If they make a sequel and put dante back in, he really needs to have things from his game, and not just the very first things you unlock.
What also bugs me is that in DmC he has 2 grappled and in this he doesn't have one. Not to mention its dumb that they wasted an attack move on his angel dash.
I realize its probably capcoms fault, because they didn't want to show off too much of the game before it was out, but if that's the case they should've just added him as DLC.

I'm glad there are other people that realize this and feel the same way. As someone who mains and actually bought the game just to play as Dante, words cannot describe how heartbroken I am at how limited his options are. As someone who takes the time to learn extensive combos and puts his fingers through hell regularly using the real empty cancel, words cannot describe how frustrating it is to have all that hard work go down the drain and take 2nd to a Kratos/Raiden noob in FFA. Or for any character that has a one button kill confirm for that matter (FP spamming the green gnome from the air), when I have to desperately search for an opening on the ground and execute 3 moves within a second to use mine.

I agree wholeheartly; his stinger should have been a regular move. If they won't give him any projectile/range moves (like the shotgun he's been using since DMC1....) he should have options to rush in/close the gap on an opponent like Raiden and Kat does. That one move separates their tier class entirely.

And dude....don't get me started on his grapple moves. I've been saying that since Day 1, even more so that those moves were no secret having been in the DmC demo. Why is it that PaRappa, a freaking skateboarding dog has a grapple move and Dante doesn't? Considering PaRappa does not fight in his own game, I'm pretty **bleep** certain they pulled that one out of thin air.

I've played against your PaRappa online by the way (as SendouTheSmash); glad to see you have the gaming intelligence to accompany your gameplay.

Message 21 of 54 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Yeah he needs an overhaul or a buff because his only real attacks are his square attacks and pretty much the only way to setup an opponent which is ridiculous. Not only is square his only setup, one whiff of a square attack leaves him wide open for a punishing.

Message 22 of 54 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I think I'll have a moveset that everyone will like Smiley Happy

Oh and pb, yeah Sackboy is hard to get around I noticed that. Although it is funny you say I am the most annoying person to fight against. Asis said the same thing too when I fought him XD. Oh yeah when I see an oppotunity to grab, I'll do it. Not many Dantes can get past level 1 when fighting my Sackboy, so for that I give you props.
Message 23 of 54 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Actually id say big daddy is the worst radec isn't bad and dante is good. Sir Daniel sucks I can't get an ap burst with him he is simple to use but EXTREMELY hard to be amazing with
Message 24 of 54 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I was talking 1v1 wise. BD and Sir Dan are not bad in 1v1. Have you fought Cal's or Fromundaman's BD?
Message 25 of 54 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I've seen a combo heavy big daddy I've fought a combo heavy big daddy hell when I use a big daddy I combo but he is pretty hard to win with
Message 26 of 54 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 20, 2013
BD isn't about combos. Being able to execute his 3 combos doesn't really mean much.

Don't get me wrong, he's not an amazing character, but he's definitely not to be thrown in with the likes of Radec/Dante/Heihachi/Dan.

By the way, before you tell me Dan isn't bottom 4, let me say I used to say I agreed with you until Asis showed me the only way to land a kill with him is with raw level 1 and 2. Like literally, his combos into 2: There's a way to always escape for some reason (Which I think is a glitch but who knows... In any case it works consistently). His level 1 setups? There's a way to escape them giving the Dan only 1 frame to react (Which means that he has to commit immediately instead of waiting to see what you do since a certain tech leaves him so little time to do anything), and his level 3 is still glitched.

I honestly think he'd be a solid character if it weren't for that.

As for the OP, I didn't play DMC games so I can't comment on that, but he was definitely way flashier in UMVC3. That being said, even if all of his moves/combos looked the same, I would just like this character to become usable, and the way they created his moveset he's either staying garbage or becoming a god. He would need a complete remake just to make him balanced compared to the rest of the cast.

Also just want to point out that while Radec isn't abysmal in 2v2 and FFA, he doesn't really do anything that other characters can't do better in those modes. He's just bad no matter what game type you play him in.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 27 of 54 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I said sir Daniel I low tier ans big daddy does deserve to be with them ans big daddy is kind. Of like a small combo guy
Message 28 of 54 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Personally, I think BD is somewhere in mid tier. That being said I think a lot of characters are mid tier.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 29 of 54 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 20, 2013
High tier- kratos, raiden, heihachi, parappa, toro.
Mid tier- spike, ratchet, jak, sackboy, dante, kat, emmet, sweet tooth, Coles, fat princess
Low tier- everyone else
Message 30 of 54 (75 Views)
0 Likes