Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: ProjectSeoul Monster Hunter 28 posts

Dante Empty Cancel Tutorial + Dante Exhibition Video

5 replies 279 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

Hey Everyone, I love Dante and made these videos a while ago.  I forgot to share it here at the official forums though.  I hope you guys enjoy!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Re: Dante Empty Cancel Tutorial + Dante Exhibition Video

Jan 15, 2013

1 question do you use a dual shock if you do do film your self doing the inputs

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Re: Dante Empty Cancel Tutorial + Dante Exhibition Video

Jan 15, 2013
You know, maybe you should show how your thumb with the joystick would look like. I know it's in the description, but I couldn't imagine how to input bold cancel. I'm only lv. 160 with Dante so far.

Anyway, can't wait to play DMC tomorrow!
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Hey, yes I use a standard PS3 Dualshock 3 Pad.  You know...

Jan 15, 2013

Hey, yes I use a standard PS3 Dualshock 3 Pad.  You know filming my hands is actually a great idea as people may still have issues.  

For now though, its all about practicing and getting the timing down.  If you play with the D-Pad I suggest using the Suggested Pad inputs as most people find it more comfortable.  I'm still trying to figure out the best way for Analog Stick users (personally don't use it).  For Arcade Sticks the standard input is really easy. (up triangle, j.Back+Circle, Circle)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Hey, yes I use a standard PS3 Dualshock 3 Pad. You know...

Jan 15, 2013

If you get used to it, the control stick works out pretty well, but the D-pad is a fantastic starting point. The input starts with up-back triangle, for instance. The idea of this is to turn Dante around, as it cancels into Angel Dash faster if he goes backwards. Essentially, You are pressing back first and then up triangle. After your square inputs, try the d-pad with up-back triangle. From there, press forward circle as fast as you can and then tap circle again. Tapping circle again is to get him into a split-second animation of countering, which is canceled when he lands. From here, you can continue or do a super. I don't know if he's already covered this, but I'm just trying to help out here.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Re: Hey, yes I use a standard PS3 Dualshock 3 Pad. You know...

Jan 15, 2013
Yes. Thank you. Especially for the advice. I never thought of trying to use the d-pad as the "training wheels" though. I hope to see a video of your hands soon, lol.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (220 Views)
0 Likes