./edit title
./delete "NOT"
Message 71 of 84 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: DRAKE DOES NOT NEED A NERF...

Jan 15, 2013
You know what else is kinda funny is people asked for the Sackboy nerf before it was announced, but with Drake it was not even a subject that was brought up ever really until they announced it isn't that funny people jump on the nerf bandwagon for Drake after they see SuperBot say there looking at him, but never before. Also well you see people complain about it, absolutely I won't be one of them no matter what unjustified nerf Drake gets he is my second main and that's not going to change, I play Drake because he fits my play style not because he has a barrel that apparently most are to stupid to dodge so they wrongfully complain about it.
Message 72 of 84 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jan 15, 2013
It's kinda sad people think he needs nerf.
Message 73 of 84 (102 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 15, 2013
In stock yes, I've seen a lot of drakes. One thing they share in common is barrel ak. That's all they really do. His close combat is great, the slide is fantastic. And I see you didn't comment on the barrel eating my lvl 1. I capitalized to emphasize your thoughts are an opinion. And to top it off big daddy if fine against fast characters but drake and kratos (chain length makes it tricky). Main issue for drake is the barrel, it's hit box is huge. And using it the air is a bit extreme. It's like if big daddy could ground pound in the air.
Message 74 of 84 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I didn't address it eating your level 1 because what's the point to you saying that? It's a good defense strategy there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, that's not cheap that's the person using him being smart to stop you from getting kills, and avoid being killed. Capitalizing to emphasize my points are opinions was just dumb, I never once said they were facts so that proves nothing. The hitbox for the barrel is fine it's not hard to avoid the trip or the explosion. If it manages to trip you that's your fault it.
Message 75 of 84 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 15, 2013
And of course Big Daddy are slow character matches up bad against people with range that doesn't by any means make Drake OP.
Message 76 of 84 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 15, 2013
First off your barrel is the only thing to stop my lvl 1. And to be frank I don't think it was intentional. It's an unbalanced attribute. To avoid a the lvl one everyone else has to jump dodge, or use a timed roll. Not drake though, and to have the audacity to say he doesn't need that fixed is ludicrous. I get it you want to protect the character you play but again, that's your opinion. The fact is drake can avoid the super with a spammable move. (Throws out another barrel after first one eats rockets)
Message 77 of 84 (84 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Again you have the audacity to say it does need to be fixed maybe you should time when you use your supers better. Even if it was unintentional doesn't make it cheap you just got unlucky, and I don't see how being able to use the barrel this way is unfair I'm sure someone like Sackboy could do the same thing with a well placed cake or fan. And it has nothing to do with wanting to protect "my character" I'm a Ratchet main, and Drake right now is losing my second main spot to Nariko I honestly barely use him right now. I defend him because he doesn't need a nerf he is arguably one of if not the most balanced character in the game, the fact that he is even being considered for a nerf is what's ludicrous.
Message 78 of 84 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 16, 2013
Sackboys cakes don't absorb it. Only drakes barrel, which is why it's cheap. One character having an advantage no other character has is unbalanced. Everyone but drake has to roll or time jump, and I mean everyone. So yeah drake needs fixing.
Message 79 of 84 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I highly doubt you tested it with Sackboy (I haven't either) but still. Radecs level 1 is supposed to explode when it his a object or part of the level so I see nothing wrong with it his barrel is an object. Also I don't think you taking account for how likely it is to happen, I don't think it's a lot at all numerous things could go wrong such as the barrel explodes berm fore hand, it misses, or you time it wrong (I'm gonna say it can be pretty hard to time). This is the most awkward complaint yet, and I'm gonna assume your the only one to ever notice it as the chances of it happening are very unlikely. Even with all that again I don't see this as a problem.
Message 80 of 84 (57 Views)
0 Likes