Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: DRAKE DOES NOT NEED A NERF...

Jan 15, 2013
I feel like it all depends on the player in 1v1 I have yet to seen any one I play have trouble with it when I use him, and yeah I admit a level like Stowaways helps it, but it's still not that hard to avoid.
Message 61 of 84 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Jan 15, 2013

look even though that berral is really really annoying i dont think he needs to be nerf i hate him i do and that berral is over used you can get around it i think u can block it if so then its fine what im worrying about is jak and evil cole just hear me out jak i think need a buff not with his AP thats fine but he needs to be a bit quicker with one of his guns and that his up circle it has no use once or ever its too slow has no range you can block it and when u finally hit with it half the time your oppent go too high in the air so fast that you barly can do anything off it so that gun need a tweak make it useful other then that so far noting wrong now evil cole needs a nerf -_- once again not his AP but his granades its just stuipd annoying -_- that  move is way over used and can be too hard to get around in a 2v2 battle he should only be allow to throw one out there at a time and not  2 to 3back to back with good cole its fine u can block em or even better walk right though em they stick but they dont stop you so its fine he can throw them back to back evil cole however keeps you away with them all the time even if you block they got to bounce in the air and blow up and even before the first granade he thew blows up he has already thew more in its places making it hard to get in and when you do feel like you got in he do that fire punch to stun and kill you those granades make him look OP when he really not you can block the punch and get some hits in but the granade make him look a little cheap. . . .in my opioin 

Message 62 of 84 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1151 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Drake does need a nerf, His AP gain is fine how it is, the real problem is that with all his weapons all over the map, Barrels, machine gun+ run away tactic, all his guns cause opponents to waste so much time just trying to catch up after either being blown away or being flinched every time, when in FFA i have to play against 2 players who are drake, i had to spend most of my time just blocking from all their impact shots all over the place which isnt fair to characters who only does combat attacks.

Message 63 of 84 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

Drake's barrel needs a nerf really bad (if you dodge it, you still get hit), but Jak is good as is, and Raiden's infinate wall throw/hit combo needs to be adjusted like crazy (besides that he is fine) And as for kratos, they need to lower his AP gain big-time

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 64 of 84 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 15, 2013
"If you dodge it, you still get hit"? That doesn't even make sense. Also I don't get while people complain that his run n' gun stuns every character who uses guns they stun minus Dante for his canceling. Why should Drake be any different? Also that is like his big ap gain move and every character had one there is nothing wrong with that, and it can be avoided of you see it coming by just moving or blocking then attacking him after.
Message 65 of 84 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

lol it makes perfect sense, say you are playing a custom match (not online), and your friend picks drake, when you start he uses the barrel, it is coming at you, you use the dodge (or w/e its called) towards it, you can tell that you are in the clear, you think to yourself "i just dodged that barrel, it isn't even touching me anymore, it is atleast 2 feet away from me", then BAM! it hits you and explodes (even though it wasnt touching you, and no one shot it/etc), also i dont mind his other moves (the running into a wall while shooting, then barricading is pretty annoying, but there is no need to nerf that)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 66 of 84 (74 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Ok well it explodes after a period of time if not hit did you not know that? Plus the explosion covers a bit of ground. So if your getting caught in the explosion that's just you timed it wrong, it's not the barrels fault lol and I really thought everyone knew it didn't have to be touching you to get caught in the explosion, I mean it's an explosion lol it has an AOE if yore in radius of it, it's gonna hit you which is fine.
Message 67 of 84 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Agreed, Drake is fine where he is.
Message 68 of 84 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Drake needs the nerf, it's not an issue about players using one character constantly. It an issue when the majority of them use one sort of set up because it works. The barrel in some cases absorbed my lvl 1 as radec and for characters such as big daddy and sweet tooth, drake is god like. He has great close combat moves, great mid range, a dart to immobilize you and walk slowly away from impending barrel of doom. Just because you play a character and don't THINK they are unbalanced, well that's your opinion. I'm sure ill see plenty of threads like sackboy with spammers qqing cause barrel spam doesn't get them to lvl 3 anymore.
Message 69 of 84 (55 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 15, 2013
The barrel spam never did get them to level 3 it's absurd that you even said that please try that and see how well it works. And I I said I'm positive the majority are against his nerf and yes so am I and that's what I THINK I love people like you who think capitalizing a whole word or two helps you argument in any way, it doesn't. His close combat is good, greats a stretch, the darts effects don't last long at all so you really just trid to pull that one and it fails hard, and Big Daddy and Sweet Tooth have trouble against anyone faster than them that proves nothing.
Message 70 of 84 (47 Views)
0 Likes