Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
12 posts

Re: DLC packs

Nov 7, 2012

Reason I didn't include Snake in my lists at all is because while he would be a great addition to the roster, we already have 1 Metal Gear rep in the form of Raiden who is actually a better fit for Playstation All Stars in my opinion. I can see why people would want Old Snake, but right now I'm not fussed about having another Metal Gear rep.

I think it's important not to favour one franchise over others and have more than one character from said franchise in the roster unless in special instances like Sucker Punch wanting Cole McGrath represented by two versions which is what they thought best for the character. It's up to the I.P holders. We already have franchises being represented in more than one stage each and whilst I like the stages so far, I personally think it's wasted potential in some cases. The stages could use a little more variety.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 7, 2012

knuckles8_8_6 wrote:

Reason I didn't include Snake in my lists at all is because while he would be a great addition to the roster, we already have 1 Metal Gear rep in the form of Raiden who is actually a better fit for Playstation All Stars in my opinion. I can see why people would want Old Snake, but right now I'm not fussed about having another Metal Gear rep.

I think it's important not to favour one franchise over others and have more than one character from said franchise in the roster unless in special instances like Sucker Punch wanting Cole McGrath represented by two versions which is what they thought best for the character. It's up to the I.P holders. We already have franchises being represented in more than one stage each and whilst I like the stages so far, I personally think it's wasted potential in some cases. The stages could use a little more variety.

We already have 2 coles, so the "one rep per IP" scenario doesn't really apply anymore. Plus if a character, let's say Snake, joins the roster through DLC it will be an optional purchase. 
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 25 (108 Views)
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

I personally think that the representations of the different franchises should be on par with each other (and looking at the roster, SuperBot has gone for this), so as a result of that there shouldn't be more than one character rep per franchise. To expand on the Cole scenario, the only reason there are two versions of Cole is because the I.P owner specified that they wanted two instead of one. Superbot originally were going to have him as a single character who's karma and abilities would change depending on how you played in the match, but Sucker Punch thought he'd be best represented by two seperate character slots. Cole is the only character that can get away with being split in to two the way he has been, due to the nature of his source material.

I'm not against Snake in the game by any means, I think the roster needs him as well. But Raiden is a great addition who in my opinion suits the game better.

As for optional DLC, I can see that actually being the more realistic option. He'd definitely sell!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 25 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Nov 7, 2012
The thing about Snake is he's already in SSB and having him in here (though nice) would at the same time be a little plain. I just dont think 2 seperate fighting games should share any of their rosters unless it's a cross over between the 2 or the games are in different genres. It sucks bc Snake is definitely more strongly associated with PS but he's already in SSB which means unless he stops appearing in SSB, he'll just keep appearing in both games until Konami decides to pull him from 1 or both, which is kind of lame.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Okay, allow me to elaborate my earlier post. The fact that nobody recognizes the characters you want as DLC is BAD. The only reason people buy DLC is because they want that character. If the DLC character is someone obscure that nobody cares about, then he won't see much sales. This makes that character BAD DLC.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 25 (61 Views)
0 Likes