I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Re: DLC packs

Nov 7, 2012

OperaGhost95 wrote:

Would you like to see packs of DLC, each with its own kind of theme, if so what type of packs would you like to see and give examples of what you'd like in them.

I was thinking of something that I'd like to call the Forgotten pack, it would be a pack featuring characters and stages inspired from PS1 games that people may have forgotten or would inspire serious nostalgia.

Characters:

Eiji Shinjo (Battle Arena Toshinden)

Eiji was the main protagonists from Battle Arena Toshinden, which was the very first fighting game to be published solely by sony.

Eiji_bat3.jpg

Captain Rock (Motor Toon Grand Prix)

Motor Toon Grand Prix, was the very first game solely published by Sony for the Playstation system, and this guy was its cover star character.

rock.PNG

Hiro (Bust a Groove)

Bust a Groove, I can't help but laugh at how unique this game was for it's time, it was a Dance game it was rythm base with fighting game elements I think it would be kind of goofy to see Hiro (the cover character for them first game) break it down on the fighting arena.

252416-hiro2_super.jpg

Alundra (Alundra)

Alundra was a action roleplaying game with its main focus on puzzle solving it features Alundra, a boy who learns he has the ability to enter people's dreams.

Alundra_artwork.jpg

So what type of DLC characters and stages you'd like to see in packs?

i know them Smiley Happy how old are you?

Message 11 of 25 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1035 posts

Nov 7, 2012
snake-2 arenas-costume(an other snake)- 10.00$
Message 12 of 25 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I wanna see some great third party exclusives get some love! Laharl (Disagaea), Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza), Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles) Cloud (FF). would all make amazing DLC imo. I also wouldnt mind seeing Dart, Rudy (Wild Arms), Robbit and Connor from AC3 show up.
Message 13 of 25 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 7, 2012
inb4 the big four dlc pack
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 14 of 25 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Rpg Invasion

Cloud Strife
Sora
Dart Feld
Etna
Fayt
Aya brea
Message 15 of 25 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I dont give a **bleep** about crash OR Spyro and EXPECIALLY Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, but the first DLC should include the people that were expected but not involved, including..

Resident Evil

Silent Hill

Final Fantasy character

Kingdom Hearts character

Crash and Spyro

Message 16 of 25 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 7, 2012
quite pathetic how everyone is talking about DLC before this game even ships. goes to show how much SuperBot has missed out on a lot of heavily-requested characters (or purposely missed out for the sake of DLC). yes, i've read more people asking for Raziel than Big Daddy waaay before Big Daddy's reveal.

you don't see this same crap in other fighting games. why? because their rosters satisfy the audience. when SF4 or MK were about to get released, everyone wasn't talking about DLC characters. same thing with Brawl. same thing with Blazblue, or Soul Calibur or Persona or KoF. you know something's not right when everyone's been talking about DLC before your game even makes it to stores.
Message 17 of 25 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Rumba_Lumba wrote:
quite pathetic how everyone is talking about DLC before this game even ships. goes to show how much SuperBot has missed out on a lot of heavily-requested characters (or purposely missed out for the sake of DLC). yes, i've read more people asking for Raziel than Big Daddy waaay before Big Daddy's reveal.

you don't see this same crap in other fighting games. why? because their rosters satisfy the audience. when SF4 or MK were about to get released, everyone wasn't talking about DLC characters. same thing with Brawl. same thing with Blazblue, or Soul Calibur or Persona or KoF. you know something's not right when everyone's been talking about DLC before your game even makes it to stores.

I was intending to lurk until later today, but the pure stupidity in this comment brought me back.  Congratulations on that, Rumba.

The rosters of all of those games are owned by the company that made them.  The exception are two HIGHLY requested Brawl characters and, wait for it, MK9's DLC.  The worst part is that I saw people talk about MK9 DLC before that game's launch, too.  However, that game focused more on TAKING AWAY characters to make the game itself better, so that was admittedly rare.  Every other game already had an established series before it, and they never added third party characters outside of, wait for it, DLC.  Notice who the most requested characters in this game are?  That's right, third party ones.

Find a crossover fighting game from a company whose biggest characters are mainly third party that included them pre-DLC, and complain about fans talking about DLC THEN.  Better yet, find a crossover fighting game from a company whose biggest characters are mainly third party AT ALL.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 18 of 25 (141 Views)
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Kudos to OP for mentioning Alundra. It's highly unlikely, but I would absolutely love to have him in PS All Stars. Alundra is still one of my all time favourite games, so kudos to you sir for remembering him!

In an ideal world, I'd like a few different DLC packs, some of which have already been mentioned.

Forgotten All-Stars Pack

Dart Feld

Alundra

The Ubisoft Pack

Connor
Rayman

The Square-Enix Pack

Cloud Strife

Sora

The Activision Pack

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro The Dragon

The Special Character Pack

Kat
Wander

Now. A few things to note about my listings here. These are purely my personal wish list characters. Some of them are stretching what the phrase Playstation All-Star means and I'm aware of this, but I can visualize most of them fitting in nicely in the game's fight system. Clearly some of the characters listed are more realistic/likely to be included over others. Crash is the #1 requested character, so Superbot and Sony will likely be in talks with Activision already in some capacity to try and nab him, but next to that, the likes of Alundra and Sora are likely not even on the cards internally at the studios.

I tried to get as few PS3 oriented characters as I could here and took in to careful consideration where each character fitted in the Playstation's history. Of the 10, only Connor is a PS3 character. I've got 6 PS1 characters, 2 PS2 characters and a PSV rep in the form of Kat. I think that helps even out the cast as looking at the current 20 characters confirmed, they are mostly recent PS3 characters. I understand why this is and am perfectly fine with Sony's decision to have it this way, but in the eyes of fans such as myself, it won't be as good a Playstation celebration as it could be without paying proper dues to the characters of the past.

In regards to Connor, I felt the game should have an Assassin's Creed rep and it would have been a toss up between Ezio, Altair and Connor. However, given the trend that is being set by the cast of the game already, I chose to go with Connor to coincide with the newer game's release.

EDIT: I couldn't think off the top of my head how to bundle them together in packs, but honorable mentions go to a few characters that I would also like in the game.

Honorable mentions

Abe

Eiiji Shinjo

Croc

A Street Fighter rep.

Message 19 of 25 (127 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Surprised no one is mentioning snake in these packs. He did get ps3 vice president on igns poll. Casual people will buy off the roster and snake will definitely help.
Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 20 of 25 (108 Views)
0 Likes