Nov 07 2012
By: OperaGhost95 Hekseville Citizen 358 posts

DLC packs

24 replies 1172 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Would you like to see packs of DLC, each with its own kind of theme, if so what type of packs would you like to see and give examples of what you'd like in them.

I was thinking of something that I'd like to call the Forgotten pack, it would be a pack featuring characters and stages inspired from PS1 games that people may have forgotten or would inspire serious nostalgia.

Characters:

Eiji Shinjo (Battle Arena Toshinden)

Eiji was the main protagonists from Battle Arena Toshinden, which was the very first fighting game to be published solely by sony.

Eiji_bat3.jpg

Captain Rock (Motor Toon Grand Prix)

Motor Toon Grand Prix, was the very first game solely published by Sony for the Playstation system, and this guy was its cover star character.

rock.PNG

Hiro (Bust a Groove)

Bust a Groove, I can't help but laugh at how unique this game was for it's time, it was a Dance game it was rythm base with fighting game elements I think it would be kind of goofy to see Hiro (the cover character for them first game) break it down on the fighting arena.

252416-hiro2_super.jpg

Alundra (Alundra)

Alundra was a action roleplaying game with its main focus on puzzle solving it features Alundra, a boy who learns he has the ability to enter people's dreams.

Alundra_artwork.jpg

So what type of DLC characters and stages you'd like to see in packs?

Playstation sig
Message 1 of 25 (1,172 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: DLC packs

Nov 7, 2012

Nobody? No third party pack, no Stealth pack, no fighting game pack? No ideas?

Playstation sig
Message 2 of 25 (1,147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 7, 2012

You have to realize next to nobody will recognize most of these characters, right.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 3 of 25 (1,123 Views)
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Alot of old PS characters will sound neat to alot of ppl, But for DLC they will want to use newer characters that are more likely to be recognized.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 4 of 25 (1,116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Nov 7, 2012

1. Kat (Gravity Rush)

2. Juri or C.Viper (Street Fighter 4)

3.Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

4. Viewtiful Joe ( Viewtiful Joe )

5. Spyro (Spyro The Dragon)

6. Jin Kazama (Tekken)

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 5 of 25 (1,094 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Nov 7, 2012

@Dude5059: That's part of the point of having these characters, because no one would remember or expect them, and to those who do remember them they'd be surprised.

Playstation sig
Message 6 of 25 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 7, 2012

The only character I could ask for to be DLC is Gex and I know that's probably incredibly unlikely.

Message 7 of 25 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

Here's a copy paste from other DLC thread's I've done before:

Namco Bandai Bundle

Characters:

- Kite (.hack//)

- The King of All Cosmos (Katamari)

Stage:

- Katamari / Namco Arcade

(Starts off as a katamari Rolling up things in the background, but then A big Pacman get's into a squabble with the katamari

as Galaga ships start attacking, etc.)

JRPG Bundle

Characters:

- Toan (Dark Cloud)

- Ostrava of Baletaria (Demon's Souls)

Stage:

- Dark Cloud / Legend of Dragoon

(Starts off as an empty field and using Georama a town is built in the background, and in the stage (to make platforms), but once the town is a good amount built, the Devine Dragon will come through and start destroying the town, fighting with Dran, and changes the platforms in the stage)

PlayStation Bundle

Characters:

- Ico (Ico

- Kat (Gravity Daze)

Stages:

- Gran Turismo / WipEout

(Starts off as a normal race, with cars passing through in the background, and the fight taking place somewhere on, or close to the track. About halfway through the match, WipEout vehicles start racing through, firing off missiles and doing barrel rolls through the stage and lots of cool futuristic stuff is happening.)

Sega Bundle

Characters:

- Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)

- Selvaria (Valkyria Chronicles)

Stage:

- Yakuza / Valkyria

(Stars off in Shinjuku just like it is in the Yakuza series with big crowds, stores, vendors, etc but as the level progresses, big

tanks and soldiers start a war in the background, causing buildings to collapse creating platforms, etc.

Each priced at around $5.99 or $6.99 features tons of new unlocks for each character, as well as a new rivalry between the two in arcade mode, and more costumes for the two characters.

Message 8 of 25 (952 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Robbit needs to be in that pack or it's a wasted opportunity.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 25 (891 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 7, 2012

UBISOFT PACK

The Prince of Persia

Rayman

Ezio or Connor

Playstation Exclusive Pack

Kat

Wanderer

Rau Utu

Square Enix Pack

Sora

Cloud

Lara Croft

Activision Pack

Crash

Alex Mercer

Spyro

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 10 of 25 (860 Views)