Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
1001 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

SonicFanDj wrote:
I remember him saying "no! Crash would never be dlc!" At the comic con in san diego i believe & Meaning if they can get him,he'd be on the disk & not a add on where people who really want him in(80-90% people who are getting this game) have to pay a extra buck to use him.

Developers say a lot of things before release that often don't come true. This seems like one wiht a good chance of being one of those.

Message 21 of 53 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012
^I agree I can see me paying for crash in the future and honestly wouldn't blame them
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 22 of 53 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
596 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

I've voiced my thoughts on dlc before, but hey, why not post it again;

 

A Sega Bundle - anywhere from $4.99 to $6.99

2 Characters, 1 Stage, new arcade/story mode with a rivalry and new unlockables.

 

It could come with Selvaria Bles (Valkyria) and Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza) as playable characters. (they would be each others rivals in Arcade mode)

 

1 Crossover stage in Shinjuku from Yakuza, but as the level progresses, tanks start to roll in, and a war sort  of breaks out in the background like in VC.

 

There would also be a slew of new unlockables too for not only Selvria and Kazuma but the other characters too (such as new icons, intros, taunts, etc and more color palates for existing characters.

 

 

This is the kind of format for DLC I'd like to see.

Message 23 of 53 (90 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

I've voiced my thoughts on dlc before, but hey, why not post it again;

 

A Sega Bundle - anywhere from $4.99 to $6.99

2 Characters, 1 Stage, new arcade/story mode with a rivalry and new unlockables.

 

It could come with Selvaria Bles (Valkyria) and Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza) as playable characters. (they would be each others rivals in Arcade mode)

 

1 Crossover stage in Shinjuku from Yakuza, but as the level progresses, tanks start to roll in, and a war sort  of breaks out in the background like in VC.

 

There would also be a slew of new unlockables too for not only Selvria and Kazuma but the other characters too (such as new icons, intros, taunts, etc and more color palates for existing characters.

 

 

This is the kind of format for DLC I'd like to see.


that is what I am hoping for in DC but it will most likey not include stages and extra stuff for other characters

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 24 of 53 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
596 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

I've voiced my thoughts on dlc before, but hey, why not post it again;

 

A Sega Bundle - anywhere from $4.99 to $6.99

2 Characters, 1 Stage, new arcade/story mode with a rivalry and new unlockables.

 

It could come with Selvaria Bles (Valkyria) and Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza) as playable characters. (they would be each others rivals in Arcade mode)

 

1 Crossover stage in Shinjuku from Yakuza, but as the level progresses, tanks start to roll in, and a war sort  of breaks out in the background like in VC.

 

There would also be a slew of new unlockables too for not only Selvria and Kazuma but the other characters too (such as new icons, intros, taunts, etc and more color palates for existing characters.

 

 

This is the kind of format for DLC I'd like to see.


that is what I am hoping for in DC but it will most likey not include stages and extra stuff for other characters


If it only had the 2 characters, I'd only pay 5 bucks, certainly no more.

But really, this is just speculating, who can say what SuperBot will do.

Message 25 of 53 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

Zezzler wrote:

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

Zezzler wrote:

I've voiced my thoughts on dlc before, but hey, why not post it again;

 

A Sega Bundle - anywhere from $4.99 to $6.99

2 Characters, 1 Stage, new arcade/story mode with a rivalry and new unlockables.

 

It could come with Selvaria Bles (Valkyria) and Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza) as playable characters. (they would be each others rivals in Arcade mode)

 

1 Crossover stage in Shinjuku from Yakuza, but as the level progresses, tanks start to roll in, and a war sort  of breaks out in the background like in VC.

 

There would also be a slew of new unlockables too for not only Selvria and Kazuma but the other characters too (such as new icons, intros, taunts, etc and more color palates for existing characters.

 

 

This is the kind of format for DLC I'd like to see.


that is what I am hoping for in DC but it will most likey not include stages and extra stuff for other characters


If it only had the 2 characters, I'd only pay 5 bucks, certainly no more.

But really, this is just speculating, who can say what SuperBot will do.


I'm just going by past experience they will most likely go the route most go and that is 5 bucks for one character and there story and thats it, but maybe two for a ittle more or so is likely

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 26 of 53 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/18/2012
Offline
1104 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012
the Indie dlc pack-
STAGES
Unfinished swan/flower
Joe danger/journey
CHARACTERS
Journey traveler
Quico
Joe Danger
Patapon
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 27 of 53 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/31/2012
Offline
277 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

SonicFanDj wrote:
Cloud is actual more of a first party since he hasn't been on any other game systems besides 3ds (theatrythm ff) & Omar stated crash would never be dlc:/

Cloud's in Chain of Memories and Re: Coded too.




Message 28 of 53 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/31/2012
Offline
277 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

Presuming they didn't make it into the game sans DLC:

 

Cloud

Crash

Snake

Wander

 

...others that should be DLC down the line:

 

Spyro

Abe

Lara Croft

Ico

Sora

Rayman

 

And others that unfortunately probably (some definitely) won't make it in:

 

Jersey Devil

Tomba

Squall

Dr. Don and Dr. Dan

Gabe Logan

Chimera / Chimera Nathan Hale

Jin Kazama

Kazuma Kiryu

 

Heck just look at my sig! (Jersey Devil's not in it actually...)




Message 29 of 53 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
1273 posts
 

Re: DLC Thread.

Oct 22, 2012

Toan/Max(Dark Cloud)-1st party,one of the earlier ps2 titles that was successful and spawn a sequel.

Dart Feld(The Legend of Dragoon)-1st party,Sony's Final Fantasy, though critics didn't like it, fans loved it

Jaster Rogue( Rogue Galaxy)- 1st party. Level 5 made a new successful IP that has yet been used. Similar to Dark Cloud, one of the best ps2 rpgs.

Ari and Stan(Okage: Shadow) 1st party, Sony's ps2 launch game that got overshadowed by the likes of Final Fantasy x and many others. This game had quirky characters and a soundtrack that was excellent IMO

Wander(SoTC)-1st party, Team Ico created a wonderful game that became an instant classic on the ps2.

Laharl/Etna/Prinny(Disgaea)-3rd part, A srpg that has lovable and funny characters. Nis made this ps2 game back in the day and was loved by fans. Spawned 4 installments exclusively for PS and is currently making a sequel for the original Disgaea

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 30 of 53 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes