Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Re: DLC/Revisions Suggestions By Elmo!

Jan 9, 2013
Well thats your opinion I respect it but did you forget evil cole and cole. Also I really dont see how you could think they are similar but hey its your opinion.
Message 21 of 39 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Jan 9, 2013
The only similarities Heihachi and Akuma have are their choice of clothes and the type of fighting they choose to do. (hand to hand combat)

However, the fighting styles are way too different and Akuma has a better range game.
Message 22 of 39 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Jan 9, 2013

ElmoDaJuiceman wrote:
Well thats your opinion I respect it but did you forget evil cole and cole. Also I really dont see how you could think they are similar but hey its your opinion.

And I respect yours. But the thing is Cole and E.Cole are viable because they're from the same game. Akuma and Heihachi are from Streetfighter and Tekken respectively. Just they way they go about fighting, their attitudes, makes it seem like they're from the same game to newbies or gives the illusion that Heihachi and Akuma are clone characters (and you know how sensitive some people are about two fighters with similar moves, the powerup stance being one example). Sure, Akuma throws energy blasts and can teleport, but just in appearance alone can start something terrible for the Allstars' already damaged roster rep. I can already imagine people screaming "Akuma's just a faster Heihachi with projectiles" bull.

I personally wouldn't be thinking this in the first place if not for how far people will go to bash this game. Again, I like Akuma and it'd be cool to see him in the game, but he's a bit of a risk. If you can see where I'm coming from.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 39 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Ojdajuiceman
Message 24 of 39 (164 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Check Out the Chun Li Section! Suggestions/Comments/Criticism are appreciated.

Message 25 of 39 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Its best if you view on a computer of some sort. Dont know if a cellphone can handle gifs..

Message 26 of 39 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Re: DLC Suggestions By Elmo! (Updated with a Chun Li moveset)

Jan 10, 2013

The gifs really help sell the moveset. Smiley Very Happy

I'm down with Akuma being in the game now, even more so since I'm starting to get back into Street Fighter thanks to PS+ offering it for free.

Message 27 of 39 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Awesome man..I think this game has a opportunity to make history....First game to feature a MortalKombat and a StreetFighter character and that could help boost sales.
Message 28 of 39 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

I see that you obviusly put a lot of time and effort into this post so I will credit you for that. Good job on the presentation!

However, there are enough games with Street Fighter characters in them and PSASBR doesn't need any more of those. Furthermore, Street Fighter has no significant history with Playstation other than having their games on Sony's systems. I may be wrong so don't quote me.
This is Playstation All Stars, not Playstation "Let's stuff all the third-party characters that we can get in there" Battle Royale.
Heihachi is so similar anyways, that I doubt Akuma or Chun-li would get in. Sub-zero from Mortal Kombat on the other hand....

Message 29 of 39 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

supaMcnugget wrote:

I see that you obviusly put a lot of time and effort into this post so I will credit you for that. Good job on the presentation!

However, there are enough games with Street Fighter characters in them and PSASBR doesn't need any more of those. Furthermore, Street Fighter has no significant history with Playstation other than having their games on Sony's systems. I may be wrong so don't quote me.
This is Playstation All Stars, not Playstation "Let's stuff all the third-party characters that we can get in there" Battle Royale.
Heihachi is so similar anyways, that I doubt Akuma or Chun-li would get in. Sub-zero from Mortal Kombat on the other hand....

Personally I think the naming of this game was just a bail out because of the missing guys (snake cloud yadyadyayda you

know who) you couldnt really call this a allstar roster but its not a bad one at all. Also how does a Mortal Kombat character get labeled as playstation allstar and not a street fighter?

I mean I know they put kratos in MK9 but that's simply not enough for this game to have a MK rep. Dont get me wrong I want a Mortal Kombat rep just as bad as the next guy (Goro would be my choice though) but they havent did much more then street fighter when it comes to playstation history.

When I think of playstation 'ALLSTARS' Its mostly a 50/50 split between 1st and 3rd party characters.Sony has a lot of exclusive playstation games but are they truly allstars...no. Most of the big names us fans expected in this game was unobtainable because they where third party.

The fact that Street Fighter characters are in alot of games means nothing because there has never been a fighting game quite like PSASBR and I think they would fit in great (Mortal Kombat Characters too).

Message 30 of 39 (81 Views)
0 Likes