Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: DLC Request and Research Thread

Jan 25, 2013

I... can't even begin to fathom how you find Etna and Teddie easy, hell, even remotely plausible, when the former isn't even a Sony exclusive, and then go and find Crash and Spyro as hard to no way.

And for that matter? If Skylanders Spyro were to get in, he'd just get a DLC outfit with his old look anyway, so it's not like there'd be any big difference anyway.

Anyway, Tag from Mod Nation Racers seems like an excellent idea, among others, and it's just wacky he's not near the top of any list given he's a Sony exclusive character and on all of their current platforms.

Message 21 of 53 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Interesting read with a lot of valid and real points people forget about adding as characters.. I think you missed a few Sony characters like Rau Utu from Mark of Kri, Kutaro from Puppeteer (maybe him as DLC when his game comes out in the fall.. that be cool) Iota (his rival same thing.. but DLC seems like it will be a big part of the game in the future
Message 22 of 53 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Jan 25, 2013
What about ROBBIT from Jumping Flah. Last of US, characters. Iota from TERAWAY and Kutaro from THE PUPPETER. TAG from MODNATION RACERS. Maybe a stage from GRAN TURRISMO/MOTOR STORM.
Message 23 of 53 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Beleive me, this list isn't done yet! It's only just started! Smiley Very Happy
Message 24 of 53 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
I can put some research into Alundra for you!

Well, thank you! Smiley Happy

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 25 of 53 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Jan 25, 2013

oversevethousand wrote:

I... can't even begin to fathom how you find Etna and Teddie easy, hell, even remotely plausible, when the former isn't even a Sony exclusive, and then go and find Crash and Spyro as hard to no way.

And for that matter? If Skylanders Spyro were to get in, he'd just get a DLC outfit with his old look anyway, so it's not like there'd be any big difference anyway.

Anyway, Tag from Mod Nation Racers seems like an excellent idea, among others, and it's just wacky he's not near the top of any list given he's a Sony exclusive character and on all of their current platforms.

I see you don't know a thing about ATLUS. The company is very easy to work with and they are completely fine with giving their characters. (A crap ton of Persona characters were in Lord of vermilion 2 a japanese only arcade/card game made by Think Garage and produced/owned by Square Enix that has a lot of a guest characters from companies like SNK, the company that makes MAGIC the Gathering, and Arc System Works) However, when it comes to characters, Yu Narukami has a better chance then Teddie.

Also, tell me why you think Crash and Spyro would be easier to acquire then an ATLUS rep?

Message 26 of 53 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

oversevethousand wrote:

I see you don't know a thing about ATLUS. The company is very easy to work with and they are completely fine with giving their characters. (A crap ton of Persona characters were in Lord of vermilion 2 a japanese only arcade/card game made by Think Garage and produced/owned by Square Enix that has a lot of a guest characters from companies like SNK, the company that makes MAGIC the Gathering, and Arc System Works) However, when it comes to characters, Yu Narukami has a better chance then Teddie.

Also, tell me why you think Crash and Spyro would be easier to acquire then an ATLUS rep?

For one, the simple fact that this is a blatantly Western game and JRPG characters are mostly Eastern. Persona 4 characters are hardly "All Stars," and don't exactly represent... anything. Spyro, on the other hand, has an ongoing franchise right now, even if he's not the star of it, and Crash at least, like Spyro, is one of the two most wanted characters for the game. No matter how much you hate "the evil Activision," they can't (and likely won't) ignore that forever.

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Beleive me, this list isn't done yet! It's only just started! Smiley Very Happy

If you're really interesting in compiling a list of all possible candidates, and how likely you think they'll be (and how likely you think they'll be and how likely they actually are, I think, is a key phrase here), there was a poll being done there other day that might really help you. It had tons of Sony first party characters listed on it, as well as tallied votes and other such things.

Message 27 of 53 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Not a lot of people are crazy for xia as I am, huh....
Message 28 of 53 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

So I asked you earlier to add Capcom, Take-Two Interactive, Sega, Electronic Arts, Bethesda Softworks and Tecmo Koei. You've since added two of them. If the others don't seem so easy, here's a few suggestions:

Bethesda Softworks: They're primarily known for Elder Scrolls and Fallout. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with a rep for either of those.

Tecmo Koei: Ryu Hayabusa was briefly rumored during that infamous leak, and the community didn't seem to take to him (I wouldn't be opposed myself as long as he doesn't get in before the more important third-party franchises). Other than that, there was a long thread not too long ago supporting Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors.

Take-Two Interactive: You probably know them for their ownership of Rockstar Games, 2K Games and Irrational Games. We already have them being represented by Big Daddy, but I've heard people bring up John Marston from Red Dead Redemption.

Sega: The easy choices are a rep for Valkyria Chronicles or Yakuza. Yakuza has been a Sony-exclusive its entire life and has generated excellent profits for Sega depite being exclusive. Valkyria Chronicles was one of the highest-rated PS3 titles back in the machine's early life and is still the best-selling Sega title on the PS3 nearly 5 years later (the other installments have been PSP exclusive as well).

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 29 of 53 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 25, 2013
Message 30 of 53 (115 Views)
0 Likes