Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 10 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

DLC Pitch #1

9 replies 219 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

I've decided to pitch some ideas on DLC packs and what they could include. this is only the first. ENJOY!!!

Charecters

Kat (Gravity Rush)

Gravity Rush is debatabley the Vita's biggest success and it's protagonist Kat is both likeable and loved so her inclusion here makes since and I hope to see it at some point. Her charecter build would be verry different other charecters, for instance she would not be able to block but to augment this could dodge very short distances in mid air. Her moveset would single out a charecter using kicks and her specials would be able to throw small objects and allow short distance gravity kicks. Her player style would be highly mobile about with a heathly set of land based combos and dash attacks while pertaining some air skills. 

Lv 1: Super - does a very short gravity Kick about the same distance as kratos's Lv 1
Lv 2: Super - Begins hovering and shooting rocks in varios directions much like nariko's turret attack but in all directions.
Lv 3: Super - transforms into a black hole that moves around the stage slowly succking in items and charecters (like a combination of cole's LV3 and Sir Dan's LV3 

Wanderer (Shadow of the Collosus) 
     Shadow of the colosus is possibly the most epic game on the PS2 and maybe even the PS3 (HD collection). Team ICO's loyaity and quality of work should be rewarded with a playable charecter and Wanderer is the perfect candidate. The moveset would be fairly simple. A a combination of sword and archery skills that are offseted by his extraordinary platforming skills. 

Lv 1: Super- The ground around Wander turns bright bleu and he stabs it with his sword erupting it in black blood as if he has just stabbed a collosus. much like kratos's lv 2 but with a more limited range.
Lv 2: Super- Wander hops aboard Aggro and begins trampling foes while performing stunts and slashing, alot like parrapa and Fat princess lv 2 but more skills based then timing. 
LV 3: Super- the screen pans off of wander and in the background the player sees the final colossi (SPOILER ALERT) Malus who begins striking the oppenents with energy bolts. (Spoiler ends here)

Story/ Rivalry: 
     Kat appears on the blue cliffs as scene in the Toro/ heihachi cutscene, and instantly begins climbing at full speed with gravity control and skilled jumps. she finally lands upon a platform where she finds wander's horse agro standing peacefully upon stepping close it to inspect it leaps and brays and wander appears suddenly sword drawn. There is a small scripted skirmish but they soon slide back evenly matched. the two opponents then dash towards each other and the players battle begins. This rivalry is made more out of charecter closeness. Both these charecters are strong platformers with decent ranged moves and fast attacks making them pretty even for a rivalry. what's more is their art styles which are some of the best art direction's in games in general. 

the stage: Phalanx X Nevi

The players spend the entirety of the battle riding the gigantic collosi Phalanx through the dessert. However after a short period of time the sand clears and you can see heksville floating in the background and Nevi flying from the city to attack. They swarm and hoever above allowing players to jump on them and ocasionaly firing small balls of purple energy at the players. Phalanx as usual shows no interest in them and every so often dives requiring all players to board the swarn of flying Nevi for a short period of time. 

Items: 
     Precious gems (Gravity Rush)- Much like hermes shoes this item allos players to move faster but instead of faster they jump much higher 
     Golden lizards (SOTC) this item when caught would grant the player a good deal of AP. 

So what do you ya think? 

Message 1 of 10 (219 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: DLC Pitch #1

Nov 10, 2012
I'd be cool with this. Sure.
Message 2 of 10 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Absolutely great idea. I really like your ideas for Wander's supers and the stage. I can absolutely see this happen and I really hope Superbot will see this.

Do you think you could make a thread pitching Abe? He's easily my most wanted character and an Oddworld developer stated he would want to have Abe be on the roster and has been trying to reach Superbot on having Abe included

http://gamerant.com/abe-kat-playstation-allstars-battle-royale/  The source for the developer quote

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 3 of 10 (201 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

As much as I would love Wander in the game, I doubt he'd make it in, because from what SuperBot has said, it seems like Team Ico wouldn't want him in due to artistic integrity.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Message 4 of 10 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Fretless94 wrote:

As much as I would love Wander in the game, I doubt he'd make it in, because from what SuperBot has said, it seems like Team Ico wouldn't want him in due to artistic integrity.

Where did Superbot say this. I can definitely see Team Ico taking this stance but I never heard that quote before

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 5 of 10 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Well, I'm not too familiar with abe but I am working on a new pitch right now so I'll definiately look him and figure out a descent pitch. 

Thanks for reading though :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Heisenberg_35_56 wrote:

Fretless94 wrote:

Where did Superbot say this. I can definitely see Team Ico taking this stance but I never heard that quote before

I don't think it was an official interview, it was just someone asking questions to Omar at that LA Beatdown event, where we got a bunch of info on stuff like who the rivals were and such.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Message 7 of 10 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Hmm kinda sad, I would really like to see a stage though, I don't think they will have to much problem with that.

Message 8 of 10 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I really like your ideas! Think you can make one with megaman zero :smileyvery-happy: he's easily my favorite out of all the megaman games and I think he could make a good addition considering his abilities and weapons!
Message 9 of 10 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Do one with the King of All Cosmos please!

Here is a link to the moveset i made for him

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/The-King-of-All-Cosmos-CUSTOM-MO...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 10 (99 Views)
0 Likes