I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: DBZ Goku!!!

Dec 4, 2012
Oh give me a break. Pokemon are video game characters. The anime is a spinoff of the games, while for DBZ the games are a spinoff of a manga/anime.

Where they debuted first publically means nothing. Like for Lucario. I can assure you he was designed for the Pokemon game first.
Message 31 of 61 (67 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 4, 2012
still that doesn't mean they have to be only from games. Goku has proven himself a better all star then this new Dante..
Message 32 of 61 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 4, 2012
It's a game celebrating a gaming brand. **** yes they better be gaming characters.
Message 33 of 61 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 4, 2012

its a game called playstation ALLSTARS. I would assume all-stars from any playstation game should be counted.  how are people who've never had a game like Raiden or dante allstars? for all we know both of those games could be awful.. 

Message 34 of 61 (57 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 4, 2012
And it's celebrating PLAYSTATION.

At least Raiden and Dante are gaming characters from established gaming franchises
Message 35 of 61 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 4, 2012
ya cause budokai wasn't a playstation game or anything.
Message 36 of 61 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

@LX_Theo Lucario's first official appearance was a year before Diamond and Pearl even came out so it's not like he was announced as a pokemon before the games release. It's the same with some of the legendaries in Black and White like Genesect not being official by Nintendo until actual Pokemon events despite hackers proving his existence within the game long before them. Lucario's first official appearance in the movie was long before the games came out with him in it.

It's like how Spiderwoman was originally created by those who had the rights to use the Spiderman lisence for the 1960's cartoon show and was not a Marvel or Stan Lee creation yet no one denies her status both as an animated character and a Marvel comics character.

When you think about it you can't really deny the success and impact DBZ made on the PS consoles over the years.

While I think there are characters who's origins were games who deserve a slot in this game I don't think we should completely rule out the likes of Goku. It would be different if it was just a one off game that happened to turn out good and do well for sales, the DBZ Budokai and Tenkaichi games were a long running game series that were all good and successful in their own rights and those were just the ones on the PS2.

There's been crossover games before that had Gaming, Toy AND Animation characters in them in the past too.

Message 37 of 61 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 4, 2012
@GnomeWizard

That has to be the worst reason I've ever heard to include someone. Almost every popular franchise has had a game at some point. It's still just a spinoff of what they are actually from. Sherlock Holmes sure as hell isn't a gaming character, but he's had games. Does he get in? Does Naruto, Finn & Jake, Doctor Who, Batman, Optimus Prime, and do many more get in now? It's so silly.

This is coming from someone who grew up on and loved DBZ

@CalDW
This isn't a crossover of animation or toys. It's one of gaming.

And you example is horrible. So a character being revealed in the anime as a promotional device is now the same as a whole different body creating a character?

DBZ games are just like every other franchise that's a spinoff of a franchise from another medium. It's not a gaming franchise.

If a DBZ game took its own creative license with the franchise like many superhero cartoons have done in restarting and telling their own story, then it might actually hold some weight as a legitimate gaming franchise.

But it does not
Message 38 of 61 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 4, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:
@GnomeWizard

That has to be the worst reason I've ever heard to include someone. Almost every popular franchise has had a game at some point. It's still just a spinoff of what they are actually from. Sherlock Holmes sure as hell isn't a gaming character, but he's had games. Does he get in? Does Naruto, Finn & Jake, Doctor Who, Batman, Optimus Prime, and do many more get in now? It's so silly.

its not really that silly, some games like DBZ were huge in the playstation history, naruto, optimus prime and batman could get in because I'm pretty sure they have very succesful playstation games, pretty sure the doctor who game sucked, and adventure time is only the ds as far as I know(who knows maybe nintendo will put them in super smash bros wii U).   It's not really silly at all, you can't deny comic, cartoon, anime and other non videogame originated characters have had a huge impact on playstation over the years. 

Message 39 of 61 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I don't think videogames based on movies or tv shows should get in because those 90% of the time are just made to make money and not very good.. like the game of thrones game. I'm saying games like Batman Arkham asylum could be mention in the game (probably not likely) because it was an original videogame, it's arguably the best superhero videogame to date.
Message 40 of 61 (35 Views)
0 Likes