Jan 27 2013
By: xxZ3rO_CaL_PwNxx Hekseville Citizen 358 posts

Cross-Buy Questions

11 replies 535 views Edited Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys. I have a few questions about cross buy.

1. Is there any expiration date on the cross buy code? I may get a vita soon, And I want a game I can start with.

2. Will the dlc be cross- buyable? (Get it on ps3, automaticly goes to vita)
If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 1 of 12 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: Cross-Buy Questions

Jan 27, 2013

1.  There is no code.  It's an option on the XMB called Disc Benefits, and there is no experation date on that to my knowledge.

2. No confirmation, but most likely.

NS.png

Message 2 of 12 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Thanks dude. I hope the dlc is cross buy so I dont have to pay when I get a vita.
If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 3 of 12 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 27, 2013

The DLC is Cross Buy, Superbot has confirmed this numerous times. If you wonder how the process is, (if its anything like the Pre Order Costumes) When you purchase the DLC on your PS3 it will automatically download both PS3 and PS VITA versions of it. From there it'll automatically install the PS3 version and leave the PS VITA version sitting there on the XMB for you to transfer it onto the PS VITA. If you download it directly on the VITA, it'll only download and install the VITA version of the DLC, and then you'll have to log on to the PSN store on your PS3 and look for the DLC under your purchases, from there it'll show the PS3 version DLC.

Message 4 of 12 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 27, 2013

link3249 wrote:

The DLC is Cross Buy, Superbot has confirmed this numerous times. If you wonder how the process is, (if its anything like the Pre Order Costumes) When you purchase the DLC on your PS3 it will automatically download both PS3 and PS VITA versions of it. From there it'll automatically install the PS3 version and leave the PS VITA version sitting there on the XMB for you to transfer it onto the PS VITA. If you download it directly on the VITA, it'll only download and install the VITA version of the DLC, and then you'll have to log on to the PSN store on your PS3 and look for the DLC under your purchases, from there it'll show the PS3 version DLC.

It's sad how that even though the PS3 has been out for 7 years, you still have to guide people on how to download things to it.

Message 5 of 12 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 27, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

link3249 wrote:

It's sad how that even though the PS3 has been out for 7 years, you still have to guide people on how to download things to it.

It's not the PS3's fault, its due to the VITA's cross DLC; that's what's making it confusing. It would be much simpler if you purchased cross DLC content on the VITA and then it automatically downloaded onto the PS3 without any user input except a notification to ensure that your DLC downloaded. Before the VITA came into play, downloading things on the PS3 wasn't that difficult. Now that the VITA has been included, it's a convoluted mess now.

Message 6 of 12 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. A convoluted mess? Really?
Message 7 of 12 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 27, 2013

johngie wrote:

Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration. But when Superbot dropped in a 500 use code for the Pre Order DLC Costumes; many people were so confused if they correctly downloaded the content onto their VITA or PS3. Many people were saying, "My PS3 downloaded the VITA costumes, but not the PS3 costumes!?!?! What am I doing wrong!?!?" These people weren't aware that the PS3 automatically downloaded and installed the PS3 costumes, yet left the file for the VITA so you could transfer it over. And on the VITA's end of the spectrum, many people kept trying to download the PS3 costumes instead of the VITA's, thus getting an error message.

Message 8 of 12 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 27, 2013

link3249 wrote:

johngie wrote:

Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration. But when Superbot dropped in a 500 use code for the Pre Order DLC Costumes; many people were so confused if they correctly downloaded the content onto their VITA or PS3. Many people were saying, "My PS3 downloaded the VITA costumes, but not the PS3 costumes!?!?! What am I doing wrong!?!?" These people weren't aware that the PS3 automatically downloaded and installed the PS3 costumes, yet left the file for the VITA so you could transfer it over. And on the VITA's end of the spectrum, many people kept trying to download the PS3 costumes instead of the VITA's, thus getting an error message.

um... sucks for them. I downloaded it originally on the Vita, then went into my download history on the PS3 and got them for that system too. I don't know why people have such a hard time with such simple tasks. I'm not tech savvy, but it was super basic stuff. I don't even have a modded PS3 or anything, so it's not like I have an unfair edge in getting content.

Message 9 of 12 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 27, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

link3249 wrote:

johngie wrote:

um... sucks for them. I downloaded it originally on the Vita, then went into my download history on the PS3 and got them for that system too. I don't know why people have such a hard time with such simple tasks. I'm not tech savvy, but it was super basic stuff. I don't even have a modded PS3 or anything, so it's not like I have an unfair edge in getting content.

I mean, I could kind of understand why there was some confusion. I personally didn't expect my PS3 to also download the VITA DLC as well. I had planned to just access the PSN store on the VITA and download it from there. As for the PS VITA, I don't understand how those people kept trying to download the PS3 DLC. All in all, I can guarantee you that this same situation will happen again with the release of the new DLC in February.

Message 10 of 12 (448 Views)
0 Likes