Nov 12 2012
By: yooobooyj Wastelander 756 posts

Cross-Buy Question?

12 replies 158 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

So I know this has been asked probably about 100x on this board but I just need confirmation due to my situation.

So today I went to GameStop and I pre-ordered Playstation All-Stars. So I asked the gamestop employee "so if I pre-order from here will I get the Vita version for free code with it." He looked at me like I was crazy and said "I don't think so... what's cross-buy." 

So what I want to know is, was he serious about if you pre-order at GameStop you don't get the code? Or is he just stupid or something?

I just want to know if I should go cancel it and pre-order elsewhere or just stick with the pre-order because I will get it.

Message 1 of 13 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Re: Cross-Buy Question?

Nov 12, 2012

The gamestop employeee is stupid.

Message 2 of 13 (155 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

So I know this has been asked probably about 100x on this board but I just need confirmation due to my situation.

So today I went to GameStop and I pre-ordered Playstation All-Stars. So I asked the gamestop employee "so if I pre-order from here will I get the Vita version for free code with it." He looked at me like I was crazy and said "I don't think so... what's cross-buy." 

So what I want to know is, was he serious about if you pre-order at GameStop you don't get the code? Or is he just stupid or something?

I just want to know if I should go cancel it and pre-order elsewhere or just stick with the pre-order because I will get it.

Everyone who buys PS3 version gets it. Its not a store to store promotion.

Message 3 of 13 (151 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Nov 12, 2012
He's not stupid he just doesn't know about it.
Message 4 of 13 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Nov 12, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

Thanks I was wondering if I was just seeing things when I saw all the buy the PS3 version get the Vita version free promotions. Anyways I'm glad I pre-ordered right because I payed in full so I can just walk in and picki it up on release. Nothing worse then having to go in and get $60 back lol.

Message 5 of 13 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 12, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

Thanks I was wondering if I was just seeing things when I saw all the buy the PS3 version get the Vita version free promotions. Anyways I'm glad I pre-ordered right because I payed in full so I can just walk in and picki it up on release. Nothing worse then having to go in and get $60 back lol.

I believe they all have a code in the box where you can input in on PSN and it ties the digital Vita version to your account, for the sake of any further clarification.

Message 6 of 13 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Seriously guys. GameStop is not all it's cut out to be. Why would you want to pay an extra 5 to 10 bucks for tax while you can just go to Amazon and pay the perfect price of $59.96 (if you choose the free shipping) and it'll tell what all you will get. Computers are basically beating most humans.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 7 of 13 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 12, 2012
^this
Plus it was 5 dollars off on Amazon, so actually 55

Message 8 of 13 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Nov 12, 2012

LJPvonzity wrote:

Seriously guys. GameStop is not all it's cut out to be. Why would you want to pay an extra 5 to 10 bucks for tax while you can just go to Amazon and pay the perfect price of $59.96 (if you choose the free shipping) and it'll tell what all you will get. Computers are basically beating most humans.

You are right about the GameStop thing but I only go their to get my games because it's down the street from me. Also if you buy a lot of games anyways (like me) then those powerup points add up and you get $10 - $20 off of games A LOT of times. Heck I bought Resident Evil 6 for $30  2 weeks ago due to a $10 off coupon and the $3 you get off from the powerup card.

The only thing I hate about GameStop is it's trade offers, but after that I have no problem with them. Aslo I wish they would get more Gamer employees instead of regular people. This is the 5th GS employee who was dumbfounded by something I said that ny gamer should know. 

Message 9 of 13 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Nov 12, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:
^this
Plus it was 5 dollars off on Amazon, so actually 55

When was this? I still gotta pay $59.96.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 10 of 13 (95 Views)
0 Likes