Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Re: Croc = Yoshi rip off?

Aug 13, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Oh, no. I love Yoshi, but he's an awful character in SSB. I can't see Croc being fun to play at all, either.

I agree 100.1%.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 33 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Aug 13, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Oh, no. I love Yoshi, but he's an awful character in SSB. I can't see Croc being fun to play at all, either.

lol I actually used Yoshi a deacent amount in smash bros, for some reason I was good with him. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 12 of 33 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 13, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

I also agree. I can battle a bit decent with Yoshi, but I definitely prefer may more characters with him. But as a Mario fan, I also love Yoshi to death. <3

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 13 of 33 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 13, 2012
The only reason I think Yoshi's still in the game is because he's popular among Mario fans. If not for that he'd be gone. Croc never had that big a fanbase and was never a good game. It was decent at best, and I don't see the point in bringing back a character that very few people would legitimately care about.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 14 of 33 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Aug 13, 2012

How can any of you people say "Croc won't be fun to play with because he looks like Yoshi"

That is the dumbest most simple minded statement I have ever read. How can you possibly say that Croc is no fun to play with if you haven't even seen him in action in this game? This developer could easily make Croc the most fun to play with. Stop writing characters off that you've never been exposed to! Freakin kids that grew up with a PS2 and PS3..... annoying as hell.. I want my PS1 classics in this game damnit! Take your Ezio, Ghost, and Nathan (Insert last name here) elsewhere.

Message 15 of 33 (182 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Croc is not a rip off of Yoshi! croc does not flutter nor does he eat things with his tongue and hes a *bleeping* Crocodile!!!!! Yoshi is a dinosaur!!!!!

Message 16 of 33 (176 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

How can any of you people say "Croc won't be fun to play with because he looks like Yoshi"

That is the dumbest most simple minded statement I have ever read. How can you possibly say that Croc is no fun to play with if you haven't even seen him in action in this game? This developer could easily make Croc the most fun to play with. Stop writing characters off that you've never been exposed to! Freakin kids that grew up with a PS2 and PS3..... annoying as hell.. I want my PS1 classics in this game damnit! Take your Ezio, Ghost, and Nathan (Insert last name here) elsewhere.

Wow, calm down. I'm not even agreeing with DP that Croc wouldn't be fun to play as (I only agreed on Yoshi by the way), but honestly, you're just writing off anybody who disagrees with your opinion as just some random mindless child. I want Croc, Ezio, and a Resistance rep in here, but you don't see me screaming at someone who doesn't agree that they could be original. I know his thoughts are a little too assuming and he should play Croc's game before judging, I could agree with that. But honestly, your attitude here is the most immature one I've seen in this thread. And believe me, DP is anything but a kid.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 17 of 33 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Rather have Gex as the reptilian in this game
Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 18 of 33 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 13, 2012

CountMario wrote:

Nick930930 wrote:

Wow, calm down. I'm not even agreeing with DP that Croc wouldn't be fun to play as (I only agreed on Yoshi by the way), but honestly, you're just writing off anybody who disagrees with your opinion as just some random mindless child. I want Croc, Ezio, and a Resistance rep in here, but you don't see me screaming at someone who doesn't agree that they could be original. I know his thoughts are a little too assuming and he should play Croc's game before judging, I could agree with that. But honestly, your attitude here is the most immature one I've seen in this thread. And believe me, DP is anything but a kid.

Actually, I did play Croc's game.  Croc 2, to be specific.  And I've watched as much gameplay as I could find of the first game.  It just wasn't that great a game.  Just throwing that out there.  I don't think he'd be fun to play because, well, there's not much they can do for Supers, or regular moves for that matter.  Him being a generic anthropromorph helps, too.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 19 of 33 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Croc does look like yoshi though. but no even a close rip off.
BeFunky_Untitled
Message 20 of 33 (159 Views)
0 Likes