Nov 15 2012
By: infinitezer0 First Son 9 posts

Create your own Sony mascot DLC

7 replies 191 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

I know it's a stretch, but a character creator in All-Stars could continue Sony's push of Play Create Share. 

Move sets might be tricky and character types and options would have to be expansive.  However, this would give fans the appeal to create their own experience with the game. 

Additionally, Superbot could potentially hold a contest to feature the winning character in a future platforming game.  Of course, one entry per person would have to be enforced with the option to buy extra entries. 

Personally, I believe a 2D pixelated Cole MacGrath on acid would provide Sony with an excellent "less floaty" AAA 2D platforming experience.   However, this would be an excellent opportunity to push the idea of new character development while giving fans an opportunity to work with an established gaming studio.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Re: Create your own Sony mascot DLC

Nov 15, 2012
I think they should stick to them creating characters instead of letting us create a character. It might end up as a failure, sure it might be a fun feature to have but it's not needed right now.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 15, 2012

You're right.  They have to keep making licensed characters.  I'd like to see at least 10 more, but this would be a good idea once the game is already established.  Let's face it, the more DLC, they make for this game, the more people are going to buy it.  If you add Cloud Strife, you attract different fans than if you were to add Leon Kennedy.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Nov 15, 2012
The thing with a character creator is that it takes a lot of resources and time to create. Also if the character creator fails, SB would've lost the time they used to make the character creator and with the time spent; they could've made more DLC characters. This increasing the roster size and attracting more fans.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 15, 2012

It would take a lot of time and resources.  I thought of this idea while thinking of something to do with Demons Souls in DLC form.  One thing out of a whole lot of things the Souls series does really well is it has an excellent character creator.. so if you were to make something that complex, it could work.. and if All Stars has sold 5 million+ copies in a year and added 10-15 characters.. which is conceivable, I think Superbot could get clearance for some heavier DLC.. new modes and all.  I wouldn't mind seeing the option to (someday) be able to adjust the gravity settings and be able to knock people off the screen.. but that would have to be AFTER the game is established and people know that it's not just a SSB clone.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Nov 15, 2012
A character creator that is complicated.. If you mean like LBP's sackboy editor, I would be fine with that, but the only problem with a character creator is: How are they going to create the story line? Also,I don't think anyone would want to see a fan made mascot beat up their favourite Playstation character online. Another issue is balancing issues, what if someone chose the best level 1,2,3 supers for their character or the spamming moves? Then we would have a problem.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Nov 15, 2012
The game's core mechanics and features seem to be done. We probably should expect the more radical kind of request for a sequel (in due time)
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Haha reading this made me think how cool it would be if we could play as our avatars from playstaion home XD (I will die from shock if this crazy idea comes to life)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (46 Views)
0 Likes