Highlighted
Nov 15 2012
By: Ndukauba Gaming Beast 1859 posts

Crash's rival has to be Spyro. Here's why.

12 replies 277 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Now we all know that Crash isn't in this game, but if he does end up being DLC, who do you think SuperBot will make his rival? Let's think back. When you hear the duo Jak and Daxter, who is the immidiate opposite duo you think that can compete with them? Of course, it's Ratchet and Clank because Insomniac and Naughty Dog competed with each other, trying to make the best duo of the PS2 era at the time. Now, when you hear Crash Bandicoot, who is the immidaite opposite you think that can compete with him? Cloud? No. Wander? No. Snake? Hell no... And you've gotta be kidding if you though Kat... It's Spyro. Those two were THE powerhouses of the PS1 era. Plus, as I recall, they've already had some sort of interaction with each other in the past. Not as much as meeting each other, but being in the other's world. Yeah, I'm talking about the 2 Gameboy Advance exclusives, Crash Bandioot Purple and Spyro the Dragon Orange. So my theory is if/when they release Crash as DLC, and seeing that all DLC characters have a story plus a rival with means they will be released in twos, they will also release Spyro as his rival. It only makes sense. Plus, it makes sense if Wander is Cloud's rival, but I'll get into that another day.

Message 1 of 13 (277 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Re: Crash's rival has to be Spyro. Here's why.

Nov 15, 2012

i've been wanting this since i was a kid

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 13 (266 Views)
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Bit of a jump though.... There a bit two big of characters to be released as a double.
Message 3 of 13 (263 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Hold on..... you actually made a thread on why Crash's rival has to be Spyro?

Isn't it obvious? Most of the people put Crash & Spyro as rivals. It's like the same as you wrote about Ratchet & Jak.

People expected them as rivals & they're rivals. I'm pretty sure people would agree with you since they want them to be rivals, if they appear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 4 of 13 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I was kinda hoping for something a little less "By the Book" but I digress, (after all my opinion is never the majority)

Message 5 of 13 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Nov 15, 2012

While I agree with this, I still think Spyro is gonna be **bleep**-near impossible to get in this game because of Skylanders. I would be satisfied with Crash vs. Cloud. The "two most requested character" battle. XD

Also, Crash and Spyro did meet in Crash Purple and Spyro Orange, though it was completely uninteresting and devoid of personality, story-wise. So it would be nice to see it done right.

Message 6 of 13 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Nov 15, 2012

If they are both DLC.The story should start out with crash getting wumpa fruits and spyro appears and says "THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME YOU FUZZY ORANGE LITTLE *******, THE PS1 MASCOT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!!

Boom, The most epic rivalry story right there.

Ratchet beats the crap out of Jak 21/11/12
Message 7 of 13 (219 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Spyro is Crash's Luigi.
Message 8 of 13 (208 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 15, 2012

jordan_js wrote:

If they are both DLC.The story should start out with crash getting wumpa fruits and spyro appears and says "THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME YOU FUZZY ORANGE LITTLE *******, THE PS1 MASCOT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!!

Boom, The most epic rivalry story right there.

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT THAT I DON'T HAVE HUH?! HANDS!? PANTS!? I CAN FLY AND BREATHE FIRE! WHAT DO YOU DO?! SPIN!!! THAT'S IT!  YOU FREAKING SPIN!  A DRUNK GUY CAN DO THAT!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 13 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Nov 15, 2012

When I brought this game up to my friends, people asked for Spyro before even thinking of Crash. Spyro is far more popular than you all think. I personally would rather have Crash since he's my favorite, but Spyro is veeeeery popular too. I wouldn't say Spyro is Crash's Louigi at all, they're pretty even in terms of popularity.

Both they both will be difficult to get for this game.

Message 10 of 13 (189 Views)
0 Likes