Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

Y_M_1 wrote:

ppl need to jump off of crash's nuts, just let him rest with the memories you have of him. ppl only really want crash for that nostalgia feeling but its funny how Lara Croft was as much to playstation as Crash was and i here NOTHING about her. ppl just brushed her off like she never existed.


That's because Nathan Drake is already in and they would be clones.  Also, Drake is more important to PlayStation which makes sense is to why he got in over her.

Message 31 of 191 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
1360 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

Why is it so taboo to want crash? Honestly if you say he wasn't the biggest thing on playstation for a long time you're a liar 

If you think New Dante is an allstar and Crash isn't then you're downright crazy 


I acknowledge that Crash played a part in Playstation's history. But looking at all that's happened between getting his rights, I've moved on. I can say the same thing for several others. I just find it irritating that I have to hear the same complaints from the same person over... and over... and over.... and in every thread in this forum.  

 

For the record, I LIKE the new Dante. Just because he's in the game and not Crash does not mean Dante was more of a priority. That's Activision's blunder as to why Crash isn't included. 

 

Omar has stated time and time again that SONY has been trying hard to negotiate with them but ultimately it's up to Activision on whether or not Crash is in the game. So please, save me your bull on pointing the blame on the innocent parties involved. I don't think you understand the difficulty in obtaining these rights, you yourself should realise that Crash is not something that can be handed on a silver patter.


I've said this several times ITS MORE THAN CRASH

There were devs who actually WANTED their characters in the game whats the excuse for not having them eh?


Then mention that in your ORIGINAL POST. Don't expect me to memorise every post you've made in this forum. 

 

As to your other statement. Whose to say those companies even attampted to contact Superbot for their characters inclusion? What about the dvelopment? The Time contraints? Those all factor in to a character's inclusion. They were focused on getting a well-rounded roster. And again, DLC. Perhaps those companies wanted to make an extra profit? That's how some deals go down despite they fact they want their character included. 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 32 of 191 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/12/2012
Offline
161 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Y_M_1 wrote:

ppl need to jump off of crash's nuts, just let him rest with the memories you have of him. ppl only really want crash for that nostalgia feeling but its funny how Lara Croft was as much to playstation as Crash was and i here NOTHING about her. ppl just brushed her off like she never existed.


That's because Nathan Drake is already in and they would be clones.  Also, Drake is more important to PlayStation which makes sense is to why he got in over her.


why do they have 2 be clones tho??? because hes a dude with a gun and shes a chick with a gun? they could have made her very different and they would have been awsome rivals. I would actually play as Lara since i dont like Drake and his games. 

Message 33 of 191 (170 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/03/2012
Offline
342 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Y_M_1 wrote:

ppl need to jump off of crash's nuts, just let him rest with the memories you have of him. ppl only really want crash for that nostalgia feeling but its funny how Lara Croft was as much to playstation as Crash was and i here NOTHING about her. ppl just brushed her off like she never existed.


That's because Nathan Drake is already in and they would be clones.  Also, Drake is more important to PlayStation which makes sense is to why he got in over her.


Please explain to me how two characters from two different eras with two different games would have to be clones when there are TWO COLES with two different movesets and aren't clones at all. Drake is important to Playstation now but back in the day Lara Croft was huge hence the movies, references in pop culture (I heard Tomb Raider referenced when I was watching TV maybe a few weeks back), and games that are still coming out today. I'm positive the only reason Lara and Drake aren't fighting in All Stars was due to the owners refusing to let her be in the game (and they were kind of arses about it too).

PSN: tha_jammer

ABE and CHIMERA FOR PSASBR
Message 34 of 191 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

Heisenberg_35_56 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Y_M_1 wrote:

ppl need to jump off of crash's nuts, just let him rest with the memories you have of him. ppl only really want crash for that nostalgia feeling but its funny how Lara Croft was as much to playstation as Crash was and i here NOTHING about her. ppl just brushed her off like she never existed.


That's because Nathan Drake is already in and they would be clones.  Also, Drake is more important to PlayStation which makes sense is to why he got in over her.


Please explain to me how two characters from two different eras with two different games would have to be clones when there are TWO COLES with two different movesets and aren't clones at all. Drake is important to Playstation now but back in the day Lara Croft was huge hence the movies, references in pop culture (I heard Tomb Raider referenced when I was watching TV maybe a few weeks back), and games that are still coming out today. I'm positive the only reason Lara and Drake aren't fighting in All Stars was due to the owners refusing to let her be in the game (and they were kind of arses about it too).


Cole and Evil Cole aren't clones as you said their movesets are different.  A clone character is a character that has too many of the same moves as another character.  Lara Croft being in a game similiar to Uncarted would have too many similiar moves to Drake thus making her a clone character.

Message 35 of 191 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
1517 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

Why is it so taboo to want crash? Honestly if you say he wasn't the biggest thing on playstation for a long time you're a liar 

If you think New Dante is an allstar and Crash isn't then you're downright crazy 


I acknowledge that Crash played a part in Playstation's history. But looking at all that's happened between getting his rights, I've moved on. I can say the same thing for several others. I just find it irritating that I have to hear the same complaints from the same person over... and over... and over.... and in every thread in this forum.  

 

For the record, I LIKE the new Dante. Just because he's in the game and not Crash does not mean Dante was more of a priority. That's Activision's blunder as to why Crash isn't included. 

 

Omar has stated time and time again that SONY has been trying hard to negotiate with them but ultimately it's up to Activision on whether or not Crash is in the game. So please, save me your bull on pointing the blame on the innocent parties involved. I don't think you understand the difficulty in obtaining these rights, you yourself should realise that Crash is not something that can be handed on a silver patter.


I've said this several times ITS MORE THAN CRASH

There were devs who actually WANTED their characters in the game whats the excuse for not having them eh?


Then mention that in your ORIGINAL POST. Don't expect me to memorise every post you've made in this forum. 

 

As to your other statement. Whose to say those companies even attampted to contact Superbot for their characters inclusion? What about the dvelopment? The Time contraints? Those all factor in to a character's inclusion. They were focused on getting a well-rounded roster. And again, DLC. Perhaps those companies wanted to make an extra profit? That's how some deals go down despite they fact they want their character included. 

 


They put it out there that they wanted their characters in Thats more than you can say for a lot of devs (and for the record unless the Abe's odyssey people are liars they did contact superbot)


Message 36 of 191 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
1360 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

Why is it so taboo to want crash? Honestly if you say he wasn't the biggest thing on playstation for a long time you're a liar 

If you think New Dante is an allstar and Crash isn't then you're downright crazy 


I acknowledge that Crash played a part in Playstation's history. But looking at all that's happened between getting his rights, I've moved on. I can say the same thing for several others. I just find it irritating that I have to hear the same complaints from the same person over... and over... and over.... and in every thread in this forum.  

 

For the record, I LIKE the new Dante. Just because he's in the game and not Crash does not mean Dante was more of a priority. That's Activision's blunder as to why Crash isn't included. 

 

Omar has stated time and time again that SONY has been trying hard to negotiate with them but ultimately it's up to Activision on whether or not Crash is in the game. So please, save me your bull on pointing the blame on the innocent parties involved. I don't think you understand the difficulty in obtaining these rights, you yourself should realise that Crash is not something that can be handed on a silver patter.


I've said this several times ITS MORE THAN CRASH

There were devs who actually WANTED their characters in the game whats the excuse for not having them eh?


Then mention that in your ORIGINAL POST. Don't expect me to memorise every post you've made in this forum. 

 

As to your other statement. Whose to say those companies even attampted to contact Superbot for their characters inclusion? What about the dvelopment? The Time contraints? Those all factor in to a character's inclusion. They were focused on getting a well-rounded roster. And again, DLC. Perhaps those companies wanted to make an extra profit? That's how some deals go down despite they fact they want their character included. 

 


They put it out there that they wanted their characters in Thats more than you can say for a lot of devs (and for the record unless the Abe's odyssey people are liars they did contact superbot)


Yes, they did contact them but whose to say Abe wouldn't be included for DLC? Again, that's part of the negotiations.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 37 of 191 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/12/2012
Offline
161 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Heisenberg_35_56 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Y_M_1 wrote:

ppl need to jump off of crash's nuts, just let him rest with the memories you have of him. ppl only really want crash for that nostalgia feeling but its funny how Lara Croft was as much to playstation as Crash was and i here NOTHING about her. ppl just brushed her off like she never existed.


That's because Nathan Drake is already in and they would be clones.  Also, Drake is more important to PlayStation which makes sense is to why he got in over her.


Please explain to me how two characters from two different eras with two different games would have to be clones when there are TWO COLES with two different movesets and aren't clones at all. Drake is important to Playstation now but back in the day Lara Croft was huge hence the movies, references in pop culture (I heard Tomb Raider referenced when I was watching TV maybe a few weeks back), and games that are still coming out today. I'm positive the only reason Lara and Drake aren't fighting in All Stars was due to the owners refusing to let her be in the game (and they were kind of arses about it too).


Cole and Evil Cole aren't clones as you said their movesets are different.  A clone character is a character that has too many of the same moves as another character.  Lara Croft being in a game similiar to Uncarted would have too many similiar moves to Drake thus making her a clone character.


By your logic the two Coles are clones then. Before superbot announced evil cole, every1 THOUGHT that if evil cole was 2 be in the game he would play exactly like Cole but with a few variations but they made evil Cole his own character. Why could they not do the same 4 Lara? they could have made her summon wolves and tigers n sh it. Drake cant do that.

Message 38 of 191 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
1517 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

Why is it so taboo to want crash? Honestly if you say he wasn't the biggest thing on playstation for a long time you're a liar 

If you think New Dante is an allstar and Crash isn't then you're downright crazy 


I acknowledge that Crash played a part in Playstation's history. But looking at all that's happened between getting his rights, I've moved on. I can say the same thing for several others. I just find it irritating that I have to hear the same complaints from the same person over... and over... and over.... and in every thread in this forum.  

 

For the record, I LIKE the new Dante. Just because he's in the game and not Crash does not mean Dante was more of a priority. That's Activision's blunder as to why Crash isn't included. 

 

Omar has stated time and time again that SONY has been trying hard to negotiate with them but ultimately it's up to Activision on whether or not Crash is in the game. So please, save me your bull on pointing the blame on the innocent parties involved. I don't think you understand the difficulty in obtaining these rights, you yourself should realise that Crash is not something that can be handed on a silver patter.


I've said this several times ITS MORE THAN CRASH

There were devs who actually WANTED their characters in the game whats the excuse for not having them eh?


Then mention that in your ORIGINAL POST. Don't expect me to memorise every post you've made in this forum. 

 

As to your other statement. Whose to say those companies even attampted to contact Superbot for their characters inclusion? What about the dvelopment? The Time contraints? Those all factor in to a character's inclusion. They were focused on getting a well-rounded roster. And again, DLC. Perhaps those companies wanted to make an extra profit? That's how some deals go down despite they fact they want their character included. 

 


They put it out there that they wanted their characters in Thats more than you can say for a lot of devs (and for the record unless the Abe's odyssey people are liars they did contact superbot)


Yes, they did contact them but whose to say Abe wouldn't be included for DLC? Again, that's part of the negotiations.


Oh good I can pay for a character that should have been on the disk in the first place! Thanks superbot


Message 39 of 191 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/07/2009
Offline
451 posts
 

Re: Crash and Unlocks Info

Nov 9, 2012
I cant properly quote on my phone. but in response to NocturnalGamers last reply to me: How does Sweet Tooth being owned by Sony 10 years after the PS1 was essentally obsolete make him more of a PS1 mascot than Crash. Note that both of us said PS1... Crash was pretty much undeniably the PS mascot for most of the original PlayStation's life.
____________________________________________________________
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Accomplishments:
1st Ever rank 999 (only for full game, not beta)
1st Ever Double Black Belt In 1st 2 seasons (2v2 and Free For All)
1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 40 of 191 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes