Jul 16 2012
By: PicheDreams- First Son 7 posts

Cons I have with the game

12 replies 265 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

Although this is suppose to be our Brawler the game to rival Supersmash bros I have a few issues

One being lack of facial expression when taking damage ( All the guys take damage like stone faced robots not even a blink.. seems like they were lazy with the animation)

No real weight class (Every hit effects each character the same way Example: BigDaddy and Toro shouldnt get knocked back the same distance from the same move. This puts slower Heavy/Slower Characters at a disadvantage imo)

Lack of directional AI ( This was the biggest disapointment for me if the opponent gets you in a combo their is no way you can manuever out of it. In this style of fighting game you would think we would have control to prevent our character from getting juggled 100% of the time in the air. They instead gave us "infinite combo avoidance” system which will prevent unstoppable combos. Seems like a cheap fix to stop infinite juggling just because they decided not to implement directional AI.

Unable to avoid juggling makes the game more Marvel vs capcom/Tekken esq  versus Super smash brothers.

was curious how you guys felt on some of these points and feel free to add cons of your own.

Message 1 of 13 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: Cons I have with the game

Jul 16, 2012

If you don't like it then don't get it.

Message 2 of 13 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20481 posts

Jul 16, 2012
You have a con with a game simply going off beta gameplay and not even testing it out for yourself.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 13 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Valid complaints.

Your issue with the way combos are handled seems to be more of a style-choice. The game-director is a big fan of Tekken and ClockW0Rk, a MvC champion is the community manager.

As for the weight-class issue, since all attacks are set to send any given enemy a specific distance, reducing it would just disadvantage the offender and likely mess up combos. Weight class makes more sense in Smash, where avoiding being knocked out is the point.

Most of the heavier characters come with the tools to be rarely knocked around. Big Daddy has his charges, Sweet Tooth has a ground stomp. Since this game is focused on AP-Gain, keeping combos lengthy and consistent makes more sense than worrying about how far people get sent or whether they can evade a combo once it's been started.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 4 of 13 (220 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Definetly getting the game Just wanted to discuss a few gripes I had

The Facial animation one is pretty straightfoward I dont see how anyone could disagree with that. This was ment for a discussion but I suppose you 2 just read the title and went straight for the post button

Message 5 of 13 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 16, 2012

@Negima I suppose you right its more of a style-choice

Message 6 of 13 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

The first 1 I agree with because it make sense to have in the final build and like someone said above getting knocked farther if your a lighter character can mess up combos and knocking farther isn't the goal of the game, but the last one I don't, the IAS is by no means a cheap fix to stop juggling, in fact it is actually a pretty smart system, plus Superbot has said many times that THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO BE AS ACURATE TO SSB AS THEY CAN, they want to make their own unique experience, plus like others said, this isn't even the final build and you haven't even played it yet.

My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 7 of 13 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 16, 2012
I never noticed the facial animations.. didnt know the camera even got that close.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 8 of 13 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Jul 16, 2012

The lead systems designer states on twitter:

"Consistency in knock back distance protects players ability to creatively string attacks together, which is a core pillar of our combat."

This makes perfect sense to me. If certain characters get knocked back further from attacks it makes the combo system completely broken. So if you learn a combo that works on Toro it will also work on Big Daddy.

Message 9 of 13 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Jul 16, 2012
^whats his twitter?
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 10 of 13 (166 Views)
0 Likes