Highlighted
Feb 22 2013
By: vizionary2012 Survivor 2138 posts

Confirms part 1 the series (not what you think)

[ Edited ]
5 replies 159 views Edited Feb 22, 2013

We've all played the game, we've been giga punched, we've been stunned by FP's minions, we've been hit by Raidens confirm over and over. Why do we keep falling for the same thing. Why is it that we always get caught by these darn things. Love em or hate them they are hear to stay, so we can either complain about them or try and figure out a way to deal with/avoid/punish them. This thread hopefully will be trying to address the latter. To hopefully help not only myself but others get wiser about confirms and ways around them. To start it off I'll post a video of the character in question, this week it will be Evil Cole. 

Here is a link to some of the many confirms Evil Cole has available. The most viable one seeming to be the Giga Punch, what are your strategies on dealing with them?

Message 1 of 6 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
466 posts

Re: Confirms part 1 the series (not what you think)

Feb 22, 2013
Feel that power of the Special Delivery.
Message 2 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Favorite Ones are the nightmare blast kc's, but I can never time the up throw though into a lvl 1
Message 3 of 6 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Feb 22, 2013

That was oddly familiar.

But I'll have better versions up soonish. So you can use those when it comes to that.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 4 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Inexperienced Evil Cole players will often try to Gigapunch even if you are blocking, and use their super even though you have blocked. Blocking and rolling away will sometimes work to waste their super. Otherwise you have to stay in the air, as his punch will (obviously) not confirm you if you are off the ground.

Message 5 of 6 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 22, 2013
In response to ChrisF I know that if you block the giga punch and use your super immediately after it is pretty much a confirm for you. Apparently the impact of the punch to the block makes them bounce back a little so and gives you enough time to do a super of your own.

It only works with certain characters though, I've done it with Cole and I suspect sweet tooth may be able to do it as well. But I know that characters with slow level 1s such as Ratchet's don't work. Takes to long for it to come out.
Message 6 of 6 (81 Views)
0 Likes