Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2012
Offline
587 posts
 

Re: Confirms are not taboo

Jan 6, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:
Taking away these confirms will reduce each players ability to combo. No crumples = no fun. There will probably always be confirms because of this. I can't think of many good fighting games without crumples.

I'm sure there's a way to get rid of kill confirms without getting rid of crumples. As adamant as I am about the removal of kill confirms, I don't want the game to change too much in terms of actual combat. I consider crumples a key part of the game as well.

 

It's the ability the give to safely and easily combo into supers that ruins them and makes the game stale. I have a feeling that if (hopefully) kill confirms were to be removed without taking away crumples, it will be a pretty complicated fix.

Message 61 of 74 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: Confirms are not taboo

Jan 6, 2013

it is a very much lost cause to argue for the removal of kill confirms. almost everyone ( if not every single character) has one. there are only 4 that come to mind that have only set ups, not confirms.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 62 of 74 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/12/2012
Offline
1087 posts
 

Re: Confirms are not taboo

Jan 6, 2013

I don't doubt that confirms are viable strategy.  To me, they're just... annoying, when there are so many better, more skilled strategies to score kills.

 

I would rather someone win a match through great combos and cleverly timed Supers than with just Hit-Confirm -> Level 1.

Message 63 of 74 (157 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/26/2011
Offline
396 posts
 

Same here.

Jan 6, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
I'd use them but the characters I use don't need confirms. I just use set ups instead without actually confirming the kill.

I'm not against hit confirms though.

We're not much different, you and I.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 64 of 74 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/13/2012
Offline
370 posts
 

Re: Same here.

Jan 6, 2013

I think "kill confirm"(i dont know who gave the dumb name) should never be taken out. the game would suck if you had to rely on luck to get every kill. without SETUPS some lvl 1s are useless and there would be even more Sly or kratos OP threads

Message 65 of 74 (136 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2008
Offline
1776 posts
 

Re: Same here.

Jan 6, 2013

Monkee-King_ wrote:

I think "kill confirm"(i dont know who gave the dumb name) should never be taken out. the game would suck if you had to rely on luck to get every kill. without SETUPS some lvl 1s are useless and there would be even more Sly or kratos OP threads


1) Setups are different from confirms. With setups, your opponent has a chance to escape if he's smart. With confirms, your opponent is powerless.

 

2) Even if that were true, then SuperBot could just buff certain Level 1's. Although keep in mind that Level 1's aren't supposed to be easy to land. You want easy kills? Save up for a Level 3.

Message 66 of 74 (129 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/12/2011
Offline
574 posts
 

Re: Same here.

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

 

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Monkee-King_ wrote:

I think "kill confirm"(i dont know who gave the dumb name) should never be taken out. the game would suck if you had to rely on luck to get every kill. without SETUPS some lvl 1s are useless and there would be even more Sly or kratos OP threads


1) Setups are different from confirms. With setups, your opponent has a chance to escape if he's smart. With confirms, your opponent is powerless.

 

2) Even if that were true, then SuperBot could just buff certain Level 1's. Although keep in mind that Level 1's aren't supposed to be easy to land. You want easy kills? Save up for a Level 3.


stop arguing over stupid words. you still know what theyre talking about when they say it the way they do. so why do you have to correct? because somebody 3 days ago did a thread about it? i find those kind of correction so useless. focus on the content of the message for god sake.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 67 of 74 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
914 posts
 

Re: tier list is your invention lol raiden is abused with his...

Jan 6, 2013

I have to agree with Marrow......I play 1v1 matches against a guy who ABUSES hit confims everytime we face one another. He plays sweet tooth and raiden and he knows that he can't hit me with them anymore cause my defense has evolved since we started playing together. Thats why I personally don't have a problem with them because the majority of people that use them are not very smart in trying to bait you to make a mistake.....

meme3485470395
Message 68 of 74 (111 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
914 posts
 

Re: tier list is your invention lol raiden is abused with his...

Jan 6, 2013

Also I guess that i'm alone in thinking that Kratos is not OP......if you keep getting hit by his chain grab over again in the same way then thats your fault.....95% of Kratos players online just spam that move no combos, no setups, no different stratigies. (No offense of course) If you haven't learned proper spacing or how to short hop and into air dodge to go through it to not get hit then im going to need you to....

meme3485470395
Message 69 of 74 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2008
Offline
1776 posts
 

Re: Same here.

Jan 6, 2013

Fred1023 wrote:

 

stop arguing over stupid words. you still know what theyre talking about when they say it the way they do. so why do you have to correct? because somebody 3 days ago did a thread about it? i find those kind of correction so useless. focus on the content of the message for god sake.

 

 


Calm down. That user who was talking "kill confirms" and COD was arguing over stupid words. I just wanted to clarify the difference between Kill confirms and setups. Those of us on the forums who are against Level 1 Kill confirms are NOT against SETUPS. There's a key difference between the two and I was just explaining it.

Message 70 of 74 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes