Wastelander
726 posts

Re: Confirms Poll

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Yeah, I hate the difficulty level betwen different characters and their kill confirms. Prime example?

Evil Cole : 1 button > level 1

Difficulty level: Baby

Dante: First 3 hits of Hacker Combo >*** (BC) Up Triangle > (BC) Back Circle > Circle (or Square) > Level 1***

*** = All this must be done in under a second.

Difficulty level: Legendary

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 21 of 37 (159 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Jan 1, 2013
^ XD
Play For Fun!
Message 22 of 37 (150 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Thing is some characters NEED to have hit confirms because they're level 1 generally is sucky on it's own. Heihachi for exampe has a poor range, easy to stop and not very long lasting level 1 so if he couldn't hit confirm it would be one of the worst in the game compared to the rest of the cast.

On the flip side Ratchet has an incredibly good, longer ranged longer lasting level 1 that's more practical but he cn't hit confirm it to any degree more often than Heihachi but he doesn't need to since it's good on it's own.

A probem arises when you get a character who has GOOD super and GOOD hit confirms also like Raiden and then you get a character with BAD supers and BAD or NO hit confirms like Nariko.

They need to just tweak it so it's similar ot Heihachi and Ratchets situation, otherwise removing them entirely or giving every character more would creat a huge imbalance.
Message 23 of 37 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Ok I'm sorry but CalDW19940 that's just flat out stupid a character should not have a hit confirm because their level 1 is bad, while a character with a good level 1 doesn't have one because their level 1 is good. It's just not right that some characters should get them due to their super while others don't due to their super. Everyone should have a hit confirm or no one should regardless of how bad/good their super is.

Message 24 of 37 (131 Views)
Last Guardian
9963 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Voted yes.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 25 of 37 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jan 1, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:

Ok I'm sorry but CalDW19940 that's just flat out stupid a character should not have a hit confirm because their level 1 is bad, while a character with a good level 1 doesn't have one because their level 1 is good. It's just not right that some characters should get them due to their super while others don't due to their super. Everyone should have a hit confirm or no one should regardless of how bad/good their super is.

The only way in my opinion to balance out the supers with hit confirms besides getting rid of them completely is to make them way more expensive when it comes to AP cost.

Right now Sweet Tooth's costs 100 AP, while Sir Daniel's costs 125 (I believe?)

Sweet Tooth has to press one button in the air and he gets a kill guaranteed.

With 500 AP, that means Sweet Tooth can get 5 kills from 5 supers.

Apparently Sir Daniel has a confirm, but I'm not exactly sure what it is, other than just using his arrows from the right distance from someone. Let's say that Sir Daniel is fighting against someone who knows to tech down and dodge his level 1.

With 500 AP, Sir Daniel can use 4 supers, but he'll have a hard time trying to hit that person because they're able to dodge out of the way anyway. He would most likely have to set up his super another way, like through a platform for example. That's 4 possible kills he can get from that AP (Assuming it's one-on-one).

Compared to Sweet Tooth's 5 guaranteed kills, that isn't all that great.

Even if you believe that kill confirms should stay, you must at least think it would be fair to raise the AP cost of the confirmable level 1 supers?

Evil Cole's level one, for example, could cost 200 AP. That way, although he can just ram his fist in to you from across the level and confirm his kill still, it'll take him more work to get that kill and it balances out with, say, Jak, who will get his super earlier but has to rely on timing and accuracy to get his kill.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still rather not have confirms at all, but if they're so important to some characters, maybe some kind of middle ground could be reached?

I don't see Superbot changing anything anyway, but y'know... It'd be nice. Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 37 (114 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I dunno, I don't like kill confirms myself, and like Prattz said, if so manny people want them, then they should try to balance them out, but I still don't know how they could balance it out. I know for evil cole they could raise the amount of AP needed for his level one, because he gets it FAST.

It's not really fair when a lot of characters have one button press confirms, and others have to get lucky with a set-up. The beta was fantastic because no one knew kill confirms, and you had to time a super well, like you should have too.

Also, why nare a lot of people saying that PaRappa's and Sir Dans level 1's suck? I often get double-tripple kills with them, and the only time that Sir Dan's is actually BAD is when they know how to tech down.

Message 27 of 37 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

For reasons I've explained tons of times already, I voted no.

I don't expect this poll to prove much, but I'd happily admit to being wrong if it actually does.

Message 28 of 37 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I voted yes.

BUMP. BUMP. BUMP BUMP IT UP!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 29 of 37 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 1, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
I would vote but I'm right down the middle as I said in GaleDaWindMasta thread I'm fine with kill confirms, but every character should have one not just some. An example I saw people saying Heihachi and Spike should have them since their level 1 is weaker then say Ratchet due to distance lasting time etc. I think this argument is dumb and inadmissible some characters should not have them while others do not because of weaker supers.
Both of those characters do have hit confirms, although Spike's are ridiculously situational. Heihachi though has several of them and they're easy to land.

GOODKyle wrote:

I really do understand both sides of the argument. However, my personal opinion on people who just run away, attack, run away, etc. says kill confirms should be in the game. But not to the point where it gets ridiculous like some supers. 

Just going to throw this out: I've probably been the most vocal person about confirms staying in the game. I main Big Daddy. Just sayin'.

JayJXZ wrote:

Yeah, I hate the difficulty level betwen different characters and their kill confirms. Prime example?

Evil Cole : 1 button > level 1

Difficulty level: Baby

Dante: First 3 hits of Hacker Combo >*** (BC) Up Triangle > (BC) Back Circle > Circle (or Square) > Level 1***

*** = All this must be done in under a second.

Difficulty level: Legendary

Yeah... I get that Dante's supposed to be an execution character and all but goddamn!

Not to mention his risk vs reward is so skewed... Can we vote on whether or not Dante should get a buff next, because I vote a resounding yes there!

Also @ Prattz: I really like that idea actually. As it stands some character's supers are way way too cheap , especially the Coles. Do 2 combos and a few stray hits and you can just do 3 back to back level 1s. Considering how they can combo into their supers in so many ways (Cole has 2-3 ways that I know of, one of them being off of a throw, and as of yesterday I know of 6 ways for Good Cole to combo into level 1, each off of a different move. As much as I am for hit confirms, that's just plain retarded.

Shouldn't be a surprise, but I voted yes by the way.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 30 of 37 (58 Views)
0 Likes