Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Confirms Poll

Jan 1, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

I really do understand both sides of the argument. However, my personal opinion on people who just run away, attack, run away, etc. says kill confirms should be in the game. But not to the point where it gets ridiculous like some supers. 

I can respect this sentiment, as well.  The issue that many people have with confirms is that some people rely on them, which is to be expected out of a fighting game, or any game in general really.  Players will always spam things no matter what it is because people are inherently **bleep** to people they can't actually see.  In some cases, it does get ridiculous, which is why no matter what happens some stepping in has to be done, but faulting an entire mechanic on the basis that one person takes advantage of it odesn't seem fair to me, even if I don't like the mechanic generally-speaking.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 11 of 37 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I don't care either way. There are legitimate arguments for either side. I like them, I use them. But if they were gone, I'd still be fine with it.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 12 of 37 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Update: 9 for yes, 10 for no right now.
ecdf9e46
Message 13 of 37 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I know I've started a little bit 'o drama on the forum about kill confirms, so obviously I'm saying no to kill confirms but to be honest, the only kill confirms that I'm against are the ones that can just be used and abused over and over and over again.

Sweet Tooth's air-square

Raiden's... Everything

Dante's twirly dance empty cancel

Toro's... Thing.

E. Cole's Falcon Pawnch

Fat Princess' air-warriors all over the place, then sceptre bash

etc.

I'm absolutely fine with the ones that take planning and perfect accuracy to work, or that don't absolutely CONFIRM a kill, but set it up really well anyway.

Spike's RC car thing

Sir Daniel's arrows

PaRappa's wall throws

Good Cole's freezing

Sackboy's electric pads

I'm just going with 'no' because those first few are easily spammed, among many other reasons. Neither the OP or I want any kind of argument here, so if 'ya really need to tell me how much I suck for not being able to block 100% of the attacks thrown at me (AGAIN!), just PM me. Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 37 (126 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Not at all. I hate having every single match ending up being me, blocking and dodging people spamming the same move, nonstop, and then be called trash afterwards. And like Prattz listed above, there are only a few non-cheap confirms, which are more like set-ups then confirms.  I would rather have everyone have to try to use their super at the right time, like they did in the beta. It's not fair that only some characters have a way to get a guarranteed kill.

Message 15 of 37 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 1, 2013
So how've the polls been moving since I've been playing Patapon 2 until my Vita died?
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 16 of 37 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I'm guessing we can't see the vote count?

I voted no, of course.

Message 17 of 37 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Jan 1, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I said no only because my opinion fit no more than yes. I am absolutely fine with actual combo confirms that you have to work for, but there are very few of those right now, and since the majority are conflicting with my opinion, I have to vote against the whole, if that makes sense.

same reason dude,

i'm more nuetral, but, 'cause if it's a combo(where the attacker still has to work through something), i'm fine with it,

the problem i have is with cheap confirms, like the giga punch,

so, no for me,

when does this end?

Play For Fun!
Message 18 of 37 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 1, 2013
It'll end whenever voting stops. I'd say a week is a good high estimate, because it gives pretty much everybody the opportunity to vote.

Also, current voting is 22 Yes, 16 No. I wasn't paying attention the past hour because I decided to buy Braid, but apparently a lot of Yes fans just woke up or something.
ecdf9e46
Message 19 of 37 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Jan 1, 2013
unsurprisingly,
did you check the other threads?
Play For Fun!
Message 20 of 37 (90 Views)
0 Likes