Jan 01 2013
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Confirms Poll

[ Edited ]
36 replies 543 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

While in a debate with IceColdKilla44 (shout out!) about confirms, I suggested that he email SuperBot and go straight to the source, and to make a poll thread which he could use to support his belief in his email should the popular vote agree with him.  But I decided that I'm going to do so myself, since I'm curious as to what the definitive popular opinion on this heated subject is.  You can find the poll here, and voting is a simple yes or no on your PSAS Kill Confirm opinion.  I'd prefer it if you do not bring the arguments about the subject into this thread, but rather simply let everybody know that you voted by posting here (and thus bumping the thread so that others see it).  This poll will be on both the official forum and the Pastadome, so that we get as much of the PSAS fanbase as possible to express their opinions and get a more accurate result.  (If somebody wants to copy this thread into the All-Stars Arena, feel free, but I'm too lazy to go make an account there.)

I voted no, for the record.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 37 (543 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Confirms Poll

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Be sure to let people know that you voted, too!  (AKA, Bump)

ecdf9e46
Message 2 of 37 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I'm conflicted. I can't decide, tbh, so I'm neutral here. Some was needed. Some was not.

Why do I feel this might turn out for the worst like Uncharted 2 patch 1.05? ... Just saying.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 3 of 37 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I have a feeling a poll will probably be one of the worst ways to go about this.

Message 4 of 37 (492 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I said no only because my opinion fit no more than yes. I am absolutely fine with actual combo confirms that you have to work for, but there are very few of those right now, and since the majority are conflicting with my opinion, I have to vote against the whole, if that makes sense.
ecdf9e46
Message 5 of 37 (490 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

I have a feeling a poll will probably be one of the worst ways to go about this.

Well, again, this poll is only to give a form of data to see whether peoples' claims that "most people hate confirms" (or vice versa) are accurate.  Should they agree with the side against confirms, that side could then use that data as further support to their requests to SuperBot to reevaluate most confirms.  However, I think the poll will be so split that this won't happen anyway, and mind you, people would have to give MANY legitimate, objective reasons before throwing in user input; it's not like they could plug this in and say "fix it!" for SuperBot to consider actually doing so.

ecdf9e46
Message 6 of 37 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I would vote but I'm right down the middle as I said in GaleDaWindMasta thread I'm fine with kill confirms, but every character should have one not just some. An example I saw people saying Heihachi and Spike should have them since their level 1 is weaker then say Ratchet due to distance lasting time etc. I think this argument is dumb and inadmissible some characters should not have them while others do not because of weaker supers.
Message 7 of 37 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Is there a way I can look at the poll after I vote? I'm curious to see how it progresses.

Message 8 of 37 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

Is there a way I can look at the poll after I vote? I'm curious to see how it progresses.

I don't think you guys can, but I'm watching it as we speak.  It went from 1-1 to 3-1 (in favor of No) to 3-3 to 4-4 to 6-4 (No) to 8-4 (No).  I'll upload a screenshot of the final results once I decide the voting is dead enough to be considered done.  I'll probably keep this bumped for about a week so that we get a good number of votes and so everybody has the chance to.

Also, I think it's safe to say that the majority agrees regardless of their opinion that there needs to be some balancing of confirms, since some characters have them and others don't.  If confirms stay and SuperBot says this explicitly, this needs to be expressed for sure, so that at least everybody has a fair chance to use them.

ecdf9e46
Message 9 of 37 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

I really do understand both sides of the argument. However, my personal opinion on people who just run away, attack, run away, etc. says kill confirms should be in the game. But not to the point where it gets ridiculous like some supers. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 10 of 37 (439 Views)
0 Likes