Nov 10 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Confirmation on how Cross-Buy works

6 replies 560 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

http://www.examiner.com/article/sony-explains-how-cross-buy-works-with-playstation-all-stars-battle-...

"Cross-buy works when you insert your PS3 game disc into your PS3, you follow the on-screen instructions to receive your PS VITA version, as a download from the PS Store. It’s tied to your PSN ID so you won’t be able to give away the PS VITA version to a friend."

It shouldn't come as a surpise to anybody, but this is the first I've seen of an official explanation of Cross-Buy.  It's nothing different from how I expected it, and I assume many others are in the same boat, but for anybody who expected something different, there it is.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 7 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: Confirmation on how Cross-Buy works

Nov 10, 2012

Well then i'm going to have to put it in my brother's account since he is the one with the vita.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 2 of 7 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Yeah, I'm guessing there are still ways around this, so if someone's doing Cross-Buy (as in you have a Vita and a PS3), make sure to look into it more so that you don't accidentally screw yourself out of the Vita copy.
ecdf9e46
Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 10, 2012
That's the reply to the question I asked on the UK Playstation Blog lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 7 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Is it really, Sohail? I hadn't seen it recorded in its own thread, and I know somebody will inevitably ask, so I went with that. I'm hoping I didn't just repost a thread that I missed when my power was out or something, because I've tried to avoid being one of those people...
ecdf9e46
Message 5 of 7 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I did actually create a thread on it, but it went under the radar so no worries. As long as people are informed. Just thought it was funny how that's two sites now that have used the reply lol.

You are right though, there seems to be a very easy way to get around the disc based download - essentially it's just to stop people from selling codes, this way they'd need to sell their whole game which people ofcourse wouldn't want to do. Simple solution is launch the disc and redeem the Vita version on the PSN account who will be playing it on the Vita and then enjoy your PS3 copy as normal. Assuming an online pass is required for this process (if there is any), you'll have to use the online pass on the PSN account that wants the Vita and then either keep their account activated on your PS3 to game share the online pass or simply repurchase the online pass from the PS Store.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 6 of 7 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 11, 2012
UPDATE: In case this wasn't already covered, DLC also functions with Cross-Buy. If you buy the DLC, it will transfer from the PS3 to the Vita or vice versa. Link: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/08/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-director-on-choosing-charac...
ecdf9e46
Message 7 of 7 (380 Views)
0 Likes