Jun 10 2012
By: this_is_Marko Gaming Beast 2075 posts

Concern about all of the Gun Users

14 replies 187 views Edited Jun 10, 2012

i have been excited for this game since i first saw a video about it but a concern has dawned on me as of late.  There seems to be a lot of gun users in the game...and only a handful of characters have been announced.  Now i have no problem with guns in a fighting game if there is only like 1 character that uses them to make himself seem unique among the brawlers that don't but out of the 8 characters confirmed, almost half of them use guns (drake, radec, sweet tooth).  Snake has practically been confirmed too and he will doubt use them as well.  And some people are requesting characters such as the chimera, nathan hale, and dante...who would use guns as well.  Gunplay doesn't seem to be anything too interesting in a crazy FIGHTING game like this if so many characters use them.  For example, it was fun to use snake in brawl because he was the ONLY one who used guns so they seemed special.  There are so many other awesome playstation characters that use unique ways of attacking that could be put in that i don't see the need for so many gun users to be put in their place.  I just don't want the characters' attacks to become too repetitious.  Does anyone else have concerns about this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Re: Concern about all of the Gun Users

Jun 10, 2012

All but radec aren't all main gun users, And when snake was in brawl he didn't really use guns. Alot of these characters have alot of alternatives when they fight, Even Radec in his game will cloak and come at you with a knife.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 10, 2012

i just don't really like the fact that a lot of these characters are using the same type of weapon when there are so many other characters to choose from that attack in more unique ways

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Jun 10, 2012

A chimera uses a gun where if it tags you all other shots will hit you easier, Radec is very strong hand to hand combatent and specializes in close quarters melee executions.

And if you played uncharted, drake has alot of alternatives too. Just like what they did with snake, They aren't gonna make them all shottos so I wouldn't worry bro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (187 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 10, 2012

yeah i guess you're right.  superbot knows what theyre doing

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Looks like the concern is of no concern now :smileyvery-happy: The probably people will have is if all they know how to do is spam attacks because the smart people and eventually everyone will know what to do while the spammers are stuck in a bad strategy.

Also there will be gun pickup items in the game.
--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Why is this thread back? Its from june lol
Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (152 Views)
Wastelander
766 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Well, it's not like guns are full movesets. They also act differently. They're only single moves, not entire movesets.

My Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Whisper Music Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9KCU-j7QZQo
Have a look! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Oct 22, 2012
major necrobump
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:
Why is this thread back? Its from june lol

Not everyone had a chance to play back then and finally people get a chance to try for themselves. I had a concern but I was thinking most likely it wouldnt be bad. Sure enough I got my hands on the beta and own Radec and Kratos with parappa and fat princess.

Anyone else who had any concern let us know how you feel now that you've gotten to experience it. I didnt want to make another thread when this one was already made.

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (131 Views)
0 Likes