Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Competitive Game or not?

Nov 26, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

Monkee-King_ wrote:

teching off walls would be so useful but i think the gameplay is amazing and i am very competitive. if i lose i know its because i was too hasty or because i made bad decisions. its never because my opponent was jjust impossible to beat. I play as GOod cole and use lvl 1 mostly so its not an easy killbut i dont feel underpowered just because i have towork for my kills. if they made every character the same then how the hell would it be any fun. work withthe guy u like and youll learn how to fight EVERYONE even that annoyingly strong burlap sack or the sword happy robot

Get this man a medal.

This is the best medal I've got.  I'm not sure it's really one anybody wants, though.

Medal of Honor

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 31 of 44 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Most idiotic response ever.  "oh so this game is new" YEAH, THAT'S IT.  No, it's not because this game is unbalanced it's because it's new...yep... watch out guys we have a master at video games over here.  

No, you're right...about a month from now people will quit spamming their most convenient and most rewarding moves to gain supers fast and then use said supers to win the match easily.  Yep, it's just gonna magically go away... 

@ the casual player

My **bleep**.  I garuantee you get your **bleep** handed to you on a regular basis by spammers. 

Spam goes away in pretty much every game after a short amount of time.  Whether you want to admit it or not, you're just too lazy to learn how easy it is to overcome a spammy player.  Spam fails once people realize that it's easy to beat.  Go play any fighting game - or any game at all for that matter - in the first week, and then a month or so later.  The crap, 100% of the time, will filter out.  Because either people learn to ADAPT - something you're not doing right now by sitting here whining about how hard it is to overcome the easy-to-beat spammers - and spam is rendered useless, or the spammers just get bored and leave.  Apparently you've never played video games, because this has held true for years with online games.  So keep sitting here in denial if you wish, meanwhile I'll have fun beating those spammers that allegedly ruin the game by being easy to beat.

Edited to remove huge amounts of quotes.

ecdf9e46
Message 32 of 44 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 26, 2012
This game is extremely competative even if you're just playing for fun. The weapon spawn rate at normal is perfect, spamming is easly punished, unless it's Kratos. The game has great balance, you always have to find new way to kill you opponents, especially 1 v 1's. People that say it's not competative are basically saying they should have flat out copied Smash. Hey, complainers while you're at you should recommend falling ko's too!
Message 33 of 44 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Nov 26, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Most idiotic response ever.  "oh so this game is new" YEAH, THAT'S IT.  No, it's not because this game is unbalanced it's because it's new...yep... watch out guys we have a master at video games over here.  

No, you're right...about a month from now people will quit spamming their most convenient and most rewarding moves to gain supers fast and then use said supers to win the match easily.  Yep, it's just gonna magically go away... 

@ the casual player

My **bleep**.  I garuantee you get your **bleep** handed to you on a regular basis by spammers. 

Spam goes away in pretty much every game after a short amount of time.  Whether you want to admit it or not, you're just too lazy to learn how easy it is to overcome a spammy player.  Spam fails once people realize that it's easy to beat.  Go play any fighting game - or any game at all for that matter - in the first week, and then a month or so later.  The crap, 100% of the time, will filter out.  Because either people learn to ADAPT - something you're not doing right now by sitting here whining about how hard it is to overcome the easy-to-beat spammers - and spam is rendered useless, or the spammers just get bored and leave.  Apparently you've never played video games, because this has held true for years with online games.  So keep sitting here in denial if you wish, meanwhile I'll have fun beating those spammers that allegedly ruin the game by being easy to beat.

No, it doesn't.  Think people stopped spamming the same moves in mortal kombat?  Think people stopped spamming quick boom in uncharted 3?  FAL?  Not until they NERFED it.  

Don't be stupid.  Your first responde was devoid of all reasoning and I haven't even gotten into the bulk of this response and it's already traveling down the nonsensical side.  

Message 34 of 44 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

@ the casual player

No, it doesn't.  Think people stopped spamming the same moves in mortal kombat?  Think people stopped spamming quick boom in uncharted 3?  FAL?  Not until they NERFED it.  

Don't be stupid.  Your first responde was devoid of all reasoning and I haven't even gotten into the bulk of this response and it's already traveling down the nonsensical side.  

Yeah, because people didn't stop using the Scar in BF3 until the December patch.  Oh wait, they did.  It stops on its own if left alone.  Bringing up Uncharted, a game that was according to pretty much everybody RUINED by patches and nerfs, just shows how desparate you are to try to come off as right.  If you've played MK9's online, you'd have known how quickly spam was stopped BEFORE the patches even came about.  Stop acting like you're undoubtedly correct and learn to adapt.  Spam is easy to combat in this game, and **bleep** about it just shows how lazy you really are.  Once you see spam continue past the first month, please, by all means complain, but it's been less than a week and you're already in arms about two characters spamming, both of which are pretty easy to combat.

Actual balance issues (such as the AP gain from Sackboy's cake, etc.) will undoubtedly be addressed, but the spam will be a non-issue before the first patch ever hits.  SuperBot's already said that they're going to wait to see what are actually problems and what are just complaints from people who won't learn how easy it is to beat something, so Sackboy spammers will die just as quickly as the Radec spammers from the beta, due in no part to SuperBot patching the game.  The patch will come after the fat is cut out of the equation, when those spammers inevitably stop.

You can insult my response all you want and try to say it doesn't make sense, but I've yet to see any logic from your side of the argument.  All you're doing is trying to belittle my response without providing any meat to your own actual response, which really only makes you look like an **bleep**.

ecdf9e46
Message 35 of 44 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

I do think the game is competitive. A few of things people are saying aren't in the game in fact are (like fast falling, short hop into aerial). 

What you have to understand is that the game doesn't need these things to be competitive. PSAS has a different set of rules which give it an air of competitiveness that isn't achieved in SSB. Rules regarding which moves trump which other moves, and how level 1 supers can be interrupted with moves, some characters are harder to inerrupt than others - but it's also not as easy to get a kill with that character's level 1. The game isn't trying to be SSB, the SuperBot guys have created their own set of rules that players will figure out and strategize around as time progresses.

I know it's a tired argument, but the game is new. Give it some time, find those rules, create those strategies. The only reason people expect these "elements of competitiveness" from this game is because SSB has been around for a long time, and it has set a sort of precedent. PSAS takes a real risk in trying to change those long-held ideals, and I think they approached it well.

So yeah, it's been out for, what, a week in the US? Just chill out, man. Give it some time - strategies will develop, and I'm certain there will even be an established meta for the game in maybe a year and a half or so.

Also, +1 internets for anyone who can convince me that tripping made SSBB more competitive. Smiley LOL Maybe it's best that they didn't copy Super Smash.

Message 36 of 44 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

@ Goldhawk

Do me a HUGE favor:

Harness that gamer rage of yours into practicing sackboy for the next month. We can set up a match after and i will show you how to PUNISH spamming sackboys.

Get better at your toon, learn how to counter spammers (like all of the top tier players do) and then you will have a different perspective.

EDIT: sackboys who are top 50 blackbelts (legitimate players, not disconnection exploiters aka W/L of 300-1) dont spam and are much better sackboy players and would also punish spammers.

If you have  missed the point of my post. I'm basically saying you arent good enough yet to understand. Practice before u make this forum soggy with tears.

Message 37 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 27, 2012
If there was a competition for this game involving money it would only be Kratos, Raiden, Sly, and Sackboy. There is no reason to pick anyone else. Sly and Raiden will build super and spam there level ones, they can also get 5 kills with there lvl 3s. While Sackboy and Kratos can get multiple lvl3s.
Message 38 of 44 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Nov 27, 2012

After playing a TON in such a short time I have managed to hit blackbelt with sackboy and have come across atleast a few good players that prevented a first place or frustrated the hell out of me in getting there.

Few things you can do...

Toro/Parappa/Kratos/Nariko Grapples, being setup in a little corner often makes you susceptible to ranged grappling, not to mention how it goes straight through the little shock panel, just don't make it too predictable or little sackboy can just block it.

Juggling sackboy is EXTREMELY effective since he has absolutely NO attack able to hit anybody directly below him, the best character for this is probably Evil Cole with both a combo based attack and large AoE based aerial juggling tool.

When planning to use a moderately dodge-able super like Kratos' level 3, Radec's level 1 or Nariko's level 2, make sure to destroy his respawn point (the thing with the infinite sign) it's amazing how many supers I have avoided using it, especially when it is across the other side of the map.

Bring the fight to the sack. He spams most often because hey, why not? Free AP without risk of getting interrupted sounds good to me. Sackboy's weakest aspect is his close ranged fighting which only gives him more reason to 'spam'. Just be careful of the shock pad as it can potentially offer a free kill with his level 1.

P.S. Radec/Toro/Drake thus far seem to have been my worst match-ups.

Message 39 of 44 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Neptunes78 wrote:
If there was a competition for this game involving money it would only be Kratos, Raiden, Sly, and Sackboy. There is no reason to pick anyone else. Sly and Raiden will build super and spam there level ones, they can also get 5 kills with there lvl 3s. While Sackboy and Kratos can get multiple lvl3s.

In MK9, everybody believed Jade was one of the worst characters in the game. Then someone arrived on a tournament, chose her and beat the hell out of his opponents. And the game had been released months ago. So stop complaining and start getting creative.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 40 of 44 (54 Views)
0 Likes