Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Competitive Game or not?

Nov 26, 2012

No. The game balance is garbage. Everyone should just use top tier characters like Kratos,Raiden, Sackboy.etc and forget the rest if they are serious on winning.

Message 21 of 44 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
So long as spam exists in this game, it'll never be competitive. This game has a lot of potential to be competitive but the character balance alone is enough to ruin it, let alone all these features that didn't make the cut.

sackboy got you down? Smiley Tongue

No joke, almost every match I played yesterday had some form of spam.  Kratos forward + square, big daddy rush/ground pound, sackboy cakes, you name it I experienced it.  

Kratos I don't mind anymore, and big daddy I can feel for because really that's his only good move ap wise. 

Sackboy however.... Can burn in the deepest pit in ****, lost count of how many times he's screwed up our ranked 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 22 of 44 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Cetra_ wrote:

No. The game balance is garbage. Everyone should just use top tier characters like Kratos,Raiden, Sackboy.etc and forget the rest if they are serious on winning.

Not really, like one reviewer said, a characters worth is what you put it at.

Iv seen some really good sweet tooth, big daddy, Fat P , Sir Dans, and jak 

Iv seen some really bad Kratos and Raiden 

I think some Characters just take longer to master and learn unlike Kratos, and the balance is really not as bad as people think 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 23 of 44 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:
So long as spam exists in this game, it'll never be competitive. This game has a lot of potential to be competitive but the character balance alone is enough to ruin it, let alone all these features that didn't make the cut.

No joke, almost every match I played yesterday had some form of spam.  Kratos forward + square, big daddy rush/ground pound, sackboy cakes, you name it I experienced it.  

There is not a single move in this game that would be spammable on a competitive level. I know this, because I can beat the crap out of every spammer I've seen so far, and my gameplay is far from being competitive.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 24 of 44 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

I see almost no imbalance in this game.

I'm a 98RP 2v2 Blackbelt that mains Raiden. (290-71)

I've annhiliated multiple legitimate blackbelt 'spammers' and i've been crushed by several blackbelt parappa, sir daniel, and sweettooth players.

This game may appear to be imbalanced in the low end when you dont quite know how to play your toon. In the high end competitive scene PSASBR is really well balanced.

Just practice with your toon before you start crying about inbalance. The game creators always cater to the high end scene.

EDIT: example: Kratos seems overpowered in the low end because his move is really easy for beginners to use. It autolocks. In the high end u learn that a simple timed counter attacks DOMINATES that kratos move.

Message 25 of 44 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Yes. 1v1 only though. Some of the best moments in history come from this.

Message 26 of 44 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Oh, so because this game is new that means it's unbalanced?  Because the spam that you bring up is ALWAYS a problem with ANY game that comes out.  There were people who spammed in MK9 online, SF4 online, CoD online, Halo online; you name it, there's gonna be spam in the first week.

If there are still considerable amounts of spammers in a month or two, then maybe your issue will hold some merit.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 27 of 44 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Nov 26, 2012

teching off walls would be so useful but i think the gameplay is amazing and i am very competitive. if i lose i know its because i was too hasty or because i made bad decisions. its never because my opponent was jjust impossible to beat. I play as GOod cole and use lvl 1 mostly so its not an easy killbut i dont feel underpowered just because i have towork for my kills. if they made every character the same then how the hell would it be any fun. work withthe guy u like and youll learn how to fight EVERYONE even that annoyingly strong burlap sack or the sword happy robot

Message 28 of 44 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Monkee-King_ wrote:

teching off walls would be so useful but i think the gameplay is amazing and i am very competitive. if i lose i know its because i was too hasty or because i made bad decisions. its never because my opponent was jjust impossible to beat. I play as GOod cole and use lvl 1 mostly so its not an easy killbut i dont feel underpowered just because i have towork for my kills. if they made every character the same then how the hell would it be any fun. work withthe guy u like and youll learn how to fight EVERYONE even that annoyingly strong burlap sack or the sword happy robot

Get this man a medal.

Message 29 of 44 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 26, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Oh, so because this game is new that means it's unbalanced?  Because the spam that you bring up is ALWAYS a problem with ANY game that comes out.  There were people who spammed in MK9 online, SF4 online, CoD online, Halo online; you name it, there's gonna be spam in the first week.

If there are still considerable amounts of spammers in a month or two, then maybe your issue will hold some merit.

Most idiotic response ever.  "oh so this game is new" YEAH, THAT'S IT.  No, it's not because this game is unbalanced it's because it's new...yep... watch out guys we have a master at video games over here.  

No, you're right...about a month from now people will quit spamming their most convenient and most rewarding moves to gain supers fast and then use said supers to win the match easily.  Yep, it's just gonna magically go away... 

@ the casual player

My **bleep**.  I garuantee you get your **bleep** handed to you on a regular basis by spammers. 

Message 30 of 44 (73 Views)
0 Likes