Sackboy
547 posts

Re: Competitive Game or not?

Nov 27, 2012
@Dark I'm sorry you use one of those toons. You should be more creative pick a character that doesn't have an I win button.
Message 41 of 44 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 27, 2012
The single factor that separates games that are competitive and arent competitive is the skill cap.

When the skill cap is high it is very easy to distinguish between a good player and a great player.

When the skill cap is low you have trouble differentiating between a bad player and a good player.

Does this game have a high skill cap?

Hard to tell from playing online because FFA and map hazards are designed for party play not competition.

Once there is a 1 v 1 stock match making option online the games competitive seen will start to form....
Message 42 of 44 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

krocbait wrote:
The single factor that separates games that are competitive and arent competitive is the skill cap.

When the skill cap is high it is very easy to distinguish between a good player and a great player.

When the skill cap is low you have trouble differentiating between a bad player and a good player.

Does this game have a high skill cap?

Hard to tell from playing online because FFA and map hazards are designed for party play not competition.

Once there is a 1 v 1 stock match making option online the games competitive seen will start to form....

Agreed. Although I can already start to see a 2v2 competitive scene already. 2v2 is REALLY well balanced. Sackboy, or any defensive toons that are tough in FFA, are good at 2's but can EASILY be countered if you are a better player.

EDIT: I don't even play FFA. I personally think its a joke. I dont expect them and dont want them to nerf these defensive toons because it will unbalance the more important 1v1 and 2v2 competitive scene.

Message 43 of 44 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 27, 2012
1v1 Will be owned by melee characters that quickly can quickly close the gap and stay in your faces and quickly build better Raiden and Kratos. 2v2 will be owned buy the team who's Sackboy makes it to the corner first.
Message 44 of 44 (64 Views)
0 Likes