Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Competitive Game or not?

Nov 26, 2012
SSB was a party game first thern a fighter second, that's why there's so much imabalance in it's character roster and such for competetive play because the game was not designed to be played with no items or just Final Destination, any tactics in there were unintentional or just something people found they could abuse about a character that none of the others could do hence why Meta Knight is banned.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 44 (175 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Most of these are tactics designed for a king of the hill game. This is not a king of the hill game.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 44 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Big Hint: Don't play this game like SSB. This is NOT SSB. Stop playing this game like SSB unless you want to be beat by those who've learned otherwise.

A lot of SSB mechanics are for that game only. There is skill involved in this game, but for being out less than a week, a lot of people are still feeling around what characters to use. For instance I thought Dante had REALLY poor AP gain, until I tried a simple combo to maximize it. A lot of movement variations in SSB were crucial due to its playstyle. Things like fast falling and dashing are more focused into staying in the arena. There's SOME worry about falling of some stages in PSASBR, but there's no HUGE penalty (such as automatic score loss) for it.

Did you know you can choose what direction you're facing after a dodge roll? (Play the Advanved Tutorial) A lot of the advanced tactics are character specific though, and they all have various different combos set for them. (There's even Combo trials) Not to mention meter usage tactics: Going to use Level 1 or save up for a Level 2? Should I go in for a combo, or will I be greeted by a Level 1?

This game is not even a week old, and there's going to be quite a bit to find. But I personally find this game to have competitive potential.

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 44 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 26, 2012

This game has the potential be be competitive, but with balancing issues, this game will never be played competitively the same way as Street Fighter or Smash Bros.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 44 (161 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 26, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

This game has the potential be be competitive, but with balancing issues, this game will never be played competitively the same way as Street Fighter or Smash Bros.

You're kidding, right? SSB has one of the most unbalanced rosters to date if I'm not mistake. All-Stars has done a wonderful job with balance with very few slips in the overall picture.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 44 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 26, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

You're kidding, right? SSB has one of the most unbalanced rosters to date if I'm not mistake. All-Stars has done a wonderful job with balance with very few slips in the overall picture.

How is Smash's roster unbalanced. Maybe Ike is overpowered and Sonic's Final Smash is unfair, but it doesn't hold a candle to PASABR's balance issues. Kratos gains AP way too fast, Raiden (and Kratos for that matter) has those long combos that can change direction midway through it. Jak's AP gain is garbage. Radec and Sacboy are build specifically for camping. Ratchet's Lv 2 and 3 are pretty crummy and every one of Raiden and Sackboys give you a minimum of 2 kills each. etc etc

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 44 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
So long as spam exists in this game, it'll never be competitive. This game has a lot of potential to be competitive but the character balance alone is enough to ruin it, let alone all these features that didn't make the cut.

this

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 44 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

How is Smash's roster unbalanced. Maybe Ike is overpowered and Sonic's Final Smash is unfair, but it doesn't hold a candle to PASABR's balance issues. Kratos gains AP way too fast, Raiden (and Kratos for that matter) has those long combos that can change direction midway through it. Jak's AP gain is garbage. Radec and Sacboy are build specifically for camping. Ratchet's Lv 2 and 3 are pretty crummy and every one of Raiden and Sackboys give you a minimum of 2 kills each. etc etc

Have you ever seen a Smash tournament where final smashes are allowed? And you seem to forget that there is absolutely no character that can compete with meta knight. Just look at the tier list and you'll see how "balanced" Smash is...

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 44 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
So long as spam exists in this game, it'll never be competitive. This game has a lot of potential to be competitive but the character balance alone is enough to ruin it, let alone all these features that didn't make the cut.

sackboy got you down? :smileytongue:

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 44 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Nov 26, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

sackboy got you down? :smileytongue:

No joke, almost every match I played yesterday had some form of spam.  Kratos forward + square, big daddy rush/ground pound, sackboy cakes, you name it I experienced it.  

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 44 (118 Views)
0 Likes