Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 09 2012
By: AuXiiLium_DuHHHH I Only Post Everything 886 posts

Compare the opening cinematics(just for fun)

27 replies 580 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

and now 
 I love that smash bros has some intense opera song like most fighting games while allstars has an awesome modern song by one of the best modern music makers: Madeon! What do u guys think?

sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Re: Compare the opening cinematics(just for fun)

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

I like both of them. Each of them has their own theme going on. :robothappy:

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (568 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 9, 2012

I honestly think that the epic opera opening has been done to death lately.  I'm glad PSASBR didn't fall into that trap.  It's opening is very fitting. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (521 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 9, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

I honestly think that the epic opera opening has been done to death lately.  I'm glad PSASBR didn't fall into that trap.  It's opening is very fitting. 

i agree with this.  I feel like flashing each character separately with an opera song has grown a little stale.  I am freaking in love with the allstars opening though!  It's fantastic to look at and the song is catchy as anything

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

I was never a fan of this opening for smash, it felt like a bad amv style opening.

Plus the song IMO just didn't fit, and I have to admit I'm not a fan of the song in all stars either but the opening was really good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 9, 2012

smash bros feels like everyone is all buddy buddy. especially with the villains of the game, but PSASBR feels more real in the sense that everyone is fighting in the playstation realm or whatever and that its more serious. the brawl video is like a group of characters as where i feel that the allstars one is more of a mash up.

#ClownTroops
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 9, 2012

It's not that I don't like Brawl's Opening cinematic (though I have never been one much for the games besides the original).  It's just that those openings are starting to become cliche and especially in Brawl's case it just doesn't sound very fitting for the game.  Just my opinion on that...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (455 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Nov 9, 2012
im a real music junky and i just love the fact that we have an awesome, bad **bleep**, well- known song by Madeon! Man that guy is sick
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (450 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

I like both! :smileyvery-happy: I have to admit that i like the brawl one better however... :smileysad: Not just because of the opening itself but mainly the characters. I immediately fell in love with ALL the smashers the first time i played smash bros. (which got me into MOTHER and FIRE EMBLEM, which entirely changed my view of gaming) Unlike all stars which i only like 20% of the characters. I barely even know any of the characters in all stars anyway. The only reason all stars fell below smash for me is because it didnt have ANY JRPG characters or Wander.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Bardonic wrote:

I like both! :smileyvery-happy: I have to admit that i like the brawl one better however... :smileysad: Not just because of the opening itself but mainly the characters. I immediately fell in love with ALL the smashers the first time i played smash bros. (which got me into MOTHER and FIRE EMBLEM, which entirely changed my view of gaming) Unlike all stars which i only like 20% of the characters. I barely even know any of the characters in all stars anyway. The only reason all stars fell below smash for me is because it didnt have ANY JRPG characters or Wander.

Yah you can blame ICO for that...:smileysad:
Wait... you said you hate all stars because it has hardly any characters you know... then you say that's one thing you like about smash brothers because it got you into fire emblem and mother. So who's to say playing all stars won't make you like these characters games like Ape escape, MediEvil, or Sly Cooper?
dante photo dante2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (414 Views)