Splicer
52 posts

Re: Community ruined this game for me.

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

I agree with you man. I think its such a fun game but there are certainly issues to sort out.

A. Yes, this happens too often. You have two options though: 1. increase your skill to counter their spam. 2. Wait until Superbot implements appropriate nerfs.
B. As long as you pay attention to your character's placement and avoid corners and thick groups of people on the stage then you should be fine. The less people there are, the easier it will be for you to spot a Sly trying to be sneaky. Also, as you play the game you will learn how to avoid his level 1.
C. I hate that, dude.
D. See letter C
E. I don't ever get messages when I win, but there are plenty of foolish people spewing garbage over the airwaves. The solution? I just mute the TV and listen to my iPod while playing.

Message 21 of 31 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

sometimes, there is just no way to "increase your skill to counter spam", here is an exemple:

toro level 2 is a falling star, easy to dodge, unless you get by doing a combo first, and throw em in front of you then cast lvl 2

raiden level 2 is about running around for a long time, and killing.

well, when you get spammed for like 5 second, then decide to spam, its already too late, because they've spammed first & already got almost enough to lvl2. in that case, all raiden has to do, is grip ONCE to get 80 ap+, almost enough for level 1. 

just sayin'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 22 of 31 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I love your for posting this + totally agree
Message 23 of 31 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:
I can't play a single match without:

A. A Kratos, Raiden, or Drake doing the exact same thing over again.

B. A Sly abusing the invisibility.

C. People who quit when they realize they arent winning 

D. Lag, rubber banding, and disconnecting

E. People spewing a bunch of **bleep** over the mic and sending me messages when I win.

A: Kratos is the only one that is in most games for me. What can you do with a small roster and kids playing?

B: That's like moaning about other characters "abusing" block. It's the name of his game.

D. That either down to your crappy internet(happens to me) or ragequitting. To help they should merge hosts.

E. Mute mics problem solved.

I play for fun. Win or lose it doesn't matter but my aim is to win however I won't have folk tell me how to play a game I paid for with my own cash. If I want to play as Kratos and spam I will. If I want to shout abuse down the mic I will. I do none of these things but still. The points still stand. There is a solution to every problem. If you don't like playing with randoms as it seems you don't then find some buddys from a site like this or another and play with them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 31 (148 Views)
Sackboy
558 posts

Jan 6, 2013
this is the reason i stopped playing Ranked matches

Message 25 of 31 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I think a lot of people, my self included, have had to deal with  guns or using the Kratos grab that I can't help but feel that this game just wasn't tested enough otherwise these problems wouldn't be in here, the fact that we keep coming back to it is proof that there is enjoy meant to be had here just not with strangers, so I think it best to just play with friends. At least until they fix the issue's, oh and boycott the dlc until they decide to fix it that's my plan.

Message 26 of 31 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Little whiny babies are ruining it way more...
Message 27 of 31 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Couldn't agree more. Although, I'd add the Ratchet grab trap. I swear, I had a three hour sessions and every Ratchet spammed their right triangle until they got a level 1, grabbed me, threw me in a corner and killed me. I had no where to roll because he was perfectly set up.
Message 28 of 31 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Block vs. Kratos, hit him when his combo is done. Recovery time will **bleep** him. Ez-mode.
Message 29 of 31 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Well, if you want people to stop using the same character, it's not going to happen unless nerfs happen. Sackboy was nerfed, and now that he's no longer overpowered, he's used about a tenth of the time.

Message 30 of 31 (75 Views)
0 Likes