Jan 05 2013
By: KiDMachTwo Wastelander 579 posts

Community ruined this game for me.

30 replies 507 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

When i bought this game, after playing the beta, i had such high hopes. I was honestly inspired by its similarities to Smash, and thought this game would be perfect.

So Im about 2 months into the game (I got it day 1) and let me say this: The game is awesome. Im so impressed. But the community: Absolutely terrible.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people on this forum are really great people, but the people playing online literally makes me want to return this game.

I can't play a single match without:

A. A Kratos, Raiden, or Drake doing the exact same thing over again.

B. A Sly abusing the invisibility.

C. People who quit when they realize they arent winning 

D. Lag, rubber banding, and disconnecting

E. People spewing a bunch of **bleep** over the mic and sending me messages when I win.

Like, why would you buy a video game to do anything other than enjoy it? I've won some, I've lost some, but at the end of the day I enjoy it. But you guys only care about winning, whatever way possible, even if that means spamming the auto aim chains, or dropping nothing but barrels, or doing parappas thousand punches non stop until you get a level 2.

I dont want nerfs, i dont want buffs, i dont want new characters, or patches, or DLC's. I want people to quit turning this game into the filfth it's becoming, and return back to the once great game it could have still been.

PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 1 of 31 (507 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: Community ruined this game for me.

Jan 5, 2013
That's fighting games for you.
Message 2 of 31 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Jan 5, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:

When i bought this game, after playing the beta, i had such high hopes. I was honestly inspired by its similarities to Smash, and thought this game would be perfect.

So Im about 2 months into the game (I got it day 1) and let me say this: The game is awesome. Im so impressed. But the community: Absolutely terrible.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people on this forum are really great people, but the people playing online literally makes me want to return this game.

E. People spewing a bunch of **bleep** over the mic and sending me messages when I win.

Like, why would you buy a video game to do anything other than enjoy it? I've won some, I've lost some, but at the end of the day I enjoy it. But you guys only care about winning, whatever way possible, even if that means spamming the auto aim chains, or dropping nothing but barrels, or doing parappas thousand punches non stop until you get a level 2.

I dont want nerfs, i dont want buffs, i dont want new characters, or patches, or DLC's. I want people to quit turning this game into the filfth it's becoming, and return back to the once great game it could have still been.

A: Agreed. Theres to many of them.

B: Sly's I play with usually abuse there level ones.

C: Meh. As long as there not the host.

D: This barly happens to me... So its not annoying to me.

E. Thats the best part! I like it when people rage over the mics, and send me hate messages. Gets annoying when there 5 years old, though.

Message 3 of 31 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

KiDMachTwo wrote:

E. Thats the best part! I like it when people rage over the mics, and send me hate messages. Gets annoying when there 5 years old, though.

I like it too, but sometimes, I play with my family around, or sometimes I play online with my little brother.

Message 4 of 31 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 5, 2013
You have to seek out smaller parts of the community, sub sections if you will.

I know I plug my site a lot, but why not check it out? We have a lot of really nice people there who will play matches just for fun, whether you are playing in the actual league or not.

And I know other places have kinder players at time. You can't run away from people who use the same characters entirely, but you can find friends who are much more fun to play then random matches!
Message 5 of 31 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Jan 5, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

KiDMachTwo wrote:

I like it too, but sometimes, I play with my family around, or sometimes I play online with my little brother.

What happens then? They see you rage from all those spammers, Or hear the trash the mic people say?

Message 6 of 31 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
You have to seek out smaller parts of the community, sub sections if you will.

I know I plug my site a lot, but why not check it out? We have a lot of really nice people there who will play matches just for fun, whether you are playing in the actual league or not.

And I know other places have kinder players at time. You can't run away from people who use the same characters entirely, but you can find friends who are much more fun to play then random matches!

Ive been meaning to check it out, but I guess now I have good reason to!

Message 7 of 31 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

KiDMachTwo wrote:

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

KiDMachTwo wrote:

What happens then? They see you rage from all those spammers, Or hear the trash the mic people say?

They hear the trash.

Message 8 of 31 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2431 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Welcome to the internet.

Message 9 of 31 (456 Views)
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Welcome to online gaming.....where scurbs spam moves and cry when the lose....doesn't bother me. My advice is find some cool people and lobby up...I really don't like FFA Ranked because of the same reasons but in a looby fully of friends this game is extremely funSmiley Happy

meme3485470395
Message 10 of 31 (440 Views)
0 Likes