Nov 22 2012
By: Myztyrio Wastelander 814 posts

Community 1v1 Tier List

[ Edited ]
128 replies 3205 views Edited Jan 12, 2013

This is a tier list for 1v1. Post your tier list structures, and arguments for which character should be "X" tier along with your explaination as to why.

I will update this regularly. :smileyvery-happy:

S-Tier:

Raiden

Kratos

Nathan Drake

A-Tier:

Evil Cole

Fat Princess

Cole

Sweet Tooth

Heihachi

B-Tier:

Toro

Sly Cooper

PaRappa

Rachet

Dante

Sackboy

C-Tier:

Nariko

Jak

Radec

Spike

Sir Daniel

Big Daddy

Keep in mind that this is not an "official" tier list. Simply the community's input, mixed with what I've personally seen in the game to this point. This is motly based on character potential.

Keep the input coming :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 129 (3,205 Views)
Splicer
89 posts

Re: Community Pre-emptive Tier List

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

sir dan - F tier and character wil whoop his **bleep**, his specials suck and he is too slow and doesnt gain enough ap

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 129 (3,202 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Nov 22, 2012

After using everybody, heres what I think.

Kratos - S Tier and we all know why.....

Fat Princess - B Tier. She actually can do some real work in the right hands. Her supers are decent, and she can combo very easily. People just don't use her enough, but FP is a great character.

Cole - C Tier (Not because his name starts with C :smileytongue:) Cole is just meh. He looked so good in the trailer and just seemed like an amazing character to use. But in reality, he is difficult to chain long combos with, has a half good moveset, and has some okay supers

Heihachi - B Tier. Kinda like FP, he is very underrated. Being one of the only legitimate "fighters" in the game, he can seriously be a challenge. His AP gain is good, and his attacks all are great. He only really suffers from having quite limited range considering he only uses his fists and feet.

Toro - Haven't used Toro that much and haven't played him that much. I would put him around the B or C area, but I'm probably poorly judging him.

PaRappa - B Tier. Great combos. His AP gain is fairly good if you can use him right. Only issue.. his level 1 is difficult to land. Other than that, Parappa is good. I would put him in A, but hes way too underused to really be considered an A tier.

Radec - C Tier. Radec is not really too underpowered, its just that he really lacks a variety when it comes to range. Most of his attacks suck at close range and excel at a distance. He really only is good for spamming. Never seen a single Radec that didn't try to spam the sniper all game.

Big Daddy - C Tier. Slow, bad Level 1, and not many great combos. Big Daddy is mediocre, imo. Those that I have seen using him usually spam the ground pound move he has.

Nathan Drake - B Tier. As expected, Nate didn't dissapoint. He has some very good moves and easy to learn combos. All round, I generally like him. His horrible level 1 is all that holds him back to me..

Sweet Tooth - A Tier (surprisingly). I think Sweet Tooth is a baus. He has a nice variety of strong moves, and decent supers. Ih the right hands, he'll own

Sly - A Tier. Nice moves, somewhat spammy. But the one thing that brings him so high up is his teleport move. Its spammy as **bleep**, and extremely annoying. I wish you could at least see his player arrow but he stays invincible while in the mode. It would divide the annoyingness of that move by over 9000.

Jak - D Tier. Underpowered (horribly). Hard combos, not many useful moves, slow AP gain. Nuff said.

Sackboy - B Tier. Hes decent. Not good when it comes to plain old usefulness. Hes more of a staller tbh. Hard to learn but great combos. 

Dante - S Tier. I say Dante is one of the best in the entire game. He has fast AP gain, nice combos, and amazing supers. If it weren't for the sheer OPness of Kratos and Raiden, he would be the most overused character.

Ratchet - B Tier. Meh. Okay combos, great AP gain, and awesome supers. Even though he seems to be a bit of a spammer.

Spike - B Tier. GREAT SUPERS. Hard to get, but nice combos. Decent AP gain. 

Evil Cole - B Tier. He is definitely better than good Cole, imo. Better moves, even though he has worst supers. Somewhat spammy, but still okay.

Raiden - S Tier, and we all know why

Nariko - A Tier. 2 words, Female Kratos. Only thing that keeps her from going to the S is her mediorce supers

Sir Dan - C Tier. He is slow, has hard combos, and a mediocre level 1. His other supers are nice and he has decent AP gain

These were all based on my experiences.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 129 (3,183 Views)
Wastelander
723 posts

Nov 22, 2012
^ I disagree on Nariko, she's a lot less accessible to low-adverage players. If you try to play her like Kratos, you will lose. Kratos's chains and square attacks gain pretty good AP while Nariko's doesn't, because her focus is gaining AP through her Key Poses. She's only really deadly if in the right hands, but I don't think she's accessible enough to be A tier.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 129 (3,179 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1526 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I disagree with Radec. Imo he's one of the best situational characters in the game (not sure if you play as those kind like I do). I'm at a brown belt on my way to a black belt because of him, and no, I don't spam :smileyhappy: his side circle, up circle, down square and down triangle are beast at zoning characters, and his level 1 is DEADLY, I solely use it in ranked matches. Reign hell on 'em.
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 129 (3,174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Nov 22, 2012
S Tier
Kratos
Raiden
Nariko
A Tier
Dante
Ratchet
Cole, Evil cole
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 129 (3,163 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

This is based on 2v2/FFA for me.. Not enough experience with 1v1 to think about that yet.

S Tier:

Sackboy
Sly
Parappa 
Kratos
Drake

A Tier:

Jak

Raiden

Fat Princess

Sweet Tooth

Ratchet

B Tier:

Nariko

Sir Dan

Big Daddy

Dante
Evil Cole

C Tier:

Heihachi

Good Cole

Toro

Spike

Radec

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 129 (3,155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I think Ratchet should be A tier and Sly should be up their with Kratos and Raiden. Sly has a move for every situation and can counter from any distance plus he can teleport to EASILY dodge supers, even lvl 3's. Plus he's a raccoon.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 129 (3,149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
814 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Sly relies too much on stealing, and has no block. AP build is slow unless you have a severely confused opponent who cannot tell where you are. I'm saying high B-tier for now.

Updated :3
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 129 (3,138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Parappa - A Teir. Nariko - S Teir. I got a 170 AP Combo with Nariko
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 129 (3,129 Views)
0 Likes