Nov 27 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Combos. (mainly E. Cole)

7 replies 122 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

So, why can't I hit combos anymore?  I'm having a hell of a time landing anything.  

I thought it was my main.  I use E. Cole and sometimes they'll slide too far back or some weird crap, or another player will come up and start hitting me or even my team mate will come up and ruin it for me.  

So I started playing raiden.  I took the time this morning to get down like 2 or 3 140-150 AP combos and when I try to do them online it's nigh impossible.  I got two off, but I think that was just sheer luck.  

So frustrated, I went back to playing as cole and got to use ratchet instead and all I did that whole match was use forward + triangle and forward + square and I went 5-1.  

Idk, I feel like I'm doing something wrong because I can't combo anymore.  Rolling officially doesn't work for E. cole, but I can't get people to stay still...and when they finally do sit still their attacks they spam have huge knockback and I'm forced to start a cat and mouse chase all over again.  I can hit them no problem with other attacks...I'm just sick of relying on my dash, punch blast, grenades, flaming fist and little guy lightning bolts to get AP.  E. Cole is definitely one of the guys you need combos with to get massive AP but everyone else seems to just be able to swing swords around randomly and get AP.  

Message 1 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Combos. (mainly E. Cole)

Nov 27, 2012
Welcome back lol
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 2 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I always considered ECole a zoning character as opposed to a combo one. I mean, yeah he plays aggressively, but if you force them to get into your area of expertise, you'll dominate.

Although that's because my friend was the first really good ECole I saw and he zones so well with him. Perhaps you can chalk it up to lag, though, unless you were talking about offline.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 3 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Never left. Benefits from reading threads and not just the title.
Message 4 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I read plenty, still stand by what I posted Smiley Tongue
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 8 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I would love if someone could actually comment.

Whenever I do get people down to the same floor as me, they pull out some form of knock back attack that either stops me in my place or throws me completely across the map and turns into another cat and mouse scenario.

People just seem to do random stuff and get their supers instantly. Spike got 1 level 3 and a level 2 in one match and all he did was like lay down bananas and throw out that one monster thing... or twirl his little glow sticks around.

Finally got off a 130 AP combo but the guy was so ridiculously bad a t the game...
Message 6 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Nov 27, 2012
You always gotta remember that you will be facing Human players not a CPU that just stands there for you to make the move
gotta be quick
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 7 of 8 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 27, 2012

OMEGA_MEXICAN wrote:
You always gotta remember that you will be facing Human players not a CPU that just stands there for you to make the move
gotta be quick

Obviously. 

But take evil cole for example.  Seems like all his moves have lowest priority so if anyone starts hitting you while you're doing anything their attack will always make contact.  

A good start up to your combos is down + square, but before you get that attack off the opponent can literally set up their combo off of you before you even do that one attack, or roll out of the way, or block.  Then there's the flaming fist which can knock them backwards, or spin you around the wrong direction or have them slide just a tad too far out of reach.  

Most people just jump around, get a good footing and do some form of attack that makes it impossible to combo, just running around randomly hitting buttons seems to prevail over actually trying to do a combo to other players.  

Even playing as raiden, he had a very very simple 140 AP combo and every time I'd try to do that combo a Drake would just do some super quick move that'd push me back (or barrel) and then boom, he gains heaps of AP and I don't get anything.  I could just run at him with no actual strategy and just mash buttons and gain AP easily, but it'd take a bit longer.  

Message 8 of 8 (68 Views)
0 Likes