Dec 06 2012
By: Tekn0tize Gaming Beast 2105 posts

Combo = skill, All others = cheap and spam

[ Edited ]
42 replies 582 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

Why do so many people on these forums (mainly Dante players) keep crying that those who don't do combos are cheap and spammers and that they are the most skilled players because they do combos.

Seriously, is it that difficult ot understand that not all players are Combo centric?

Radec - sniper spam. No skill.

Sackboy . We don't even want to go there. No skill.

Drake . Spam barrels. He has no fancy combos liek Dante that lasts 20 minutes in the air. No skill. well maybe some loops.

Ratchet. He spams his pistol and agents of doom. No fancy combos. No skill.

Sweet Tooth. Spams grenades. no skill.

Evil Cole. Spams his fire balls. No skill.

According to them the most skilled players are Dante (of course!!) and Raiden and Nariko. Everyone else is a cheap setup player who has no skill but spams.

The irony is most of their combos require no more skill than spamming.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 1 of 43 (582 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Combo = skill, All others = cheap and spam

Dec 6, 2012
I'm not defending Sackboy's spam or any other spam, SuperBot will address them as they are doing now. Give them time. But what I'm trying to say is, tihs game is not just about combo heavy characters.
------
Message 2 of 43 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

exactly. sometimes all you can do is try to set up your opponent for supers, especially in FFA because doing medium-long combos leave you unsafe. I play sweet tooth, and his style of play revolve around knocking down your opponent and set-ups around his lvl 1. He doesnt have combos with very many hits either. And if people start crowding around me I use my shotgun BECAUSE IT WORKS, lol

ouyofo.jpg

Message 3 of 43 (566 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I've got some pretty fancy Ratchet combos tyvm. 

Message 4 of 43 (553 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 6, 2012

MerciIess wrote:

I've got some pretty fancy Ratchet combos tyvm. 

You are not fancy or have any skill because you are not an emo shirtless dude slashing the crap out of your enemies in midair for 10 minute. Sorry you are a spammer.

------
Message 5 of 43 (546 Views)
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Haha, you must've read my most recent post.   Have you tr...

Dec 6, 2012

Haha, you must've read my most recent post.

Have you tried mastering a full Dante combo? And I'm not talking about those silly ones that are taught in Tutorial. If you can learn how to stay in the air with Dante for 20 minutes and still think it requires "no more skill than spamming" then please let us all know. And if that's the case, you might want to also get checked out.

In all seriousness, I do agree with the majority of your points from your list. I also agree that combos alone DOES NOT define skill. In my opinion, if a player can play defensively, read & react against you, and make you feel utterly helpless against them in a variety of ways, then regardless of what character they use, they are skilled. 

And yes, doing just the Kratos grab or throwing barrels the entire time does make you lose credibility.

Message 6 of 43 (544 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Haha, you must've read my most recent post.   Have you tr...

Dec 6, 2012
It wasn't your post specifically. But there is just this tone in these forums that unless people do long combos they are cheap and exploiting the game.

I just wanted to express my anguish that this game is composed of non-combo characters as well unlike certain other fighters like Mortal Kombat where combos are way more important and central to the game itself.

This game is NOT a traditional combo based fighting game.

------
Message 7 of 43 (539 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Haha, you must've read my most recent post.   Have you tr...

Dec 6, 2012
Also, I've seen some really sick Nariko players and I can easily recognize those that are genuinely good with their combos from the Bread and butter combo players.
------
Message 8 of 43 (535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Can't say I know what the hell you're talking about Tekn0tize. I'm sorry that you are buthurt but I don't spam, I can assure you.

Message 9 of 43 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Dec 6, 2012

you forgot jak... he is spaming so much hes gun... and sweet tooth isnt a spam char..

Message 10 of 43 (505 Views)
0 Likes