Fender Bender
3755 posts

Re: Combo = skill, All others = cheap and spam

Dec 6, 2012
No one is here to brag, you made this thread because of my thread so I came in to share what I think
Message 31 of 43 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
No one is here to brag, you made this thread because of my thread so I came in to share what I think

It wasn't made specifically at your thread. I've seen other posts where people are of the notion that somehow this game should play like a traditional combo based fighting game. It just does NOT.  Also, every fighting game has its tier lists and people complaining about character imbalance, this game is no differenti n that aspect, but it's harder to balance this game because the variety of gameplay mechanics is more. How many people do you see that mains Radec in 1v1 ? There are some characters that will do better in FFA than 1v1, that is how the game is designed. No matter what you do, certain characters are going to be better at 1v1 than certain other characters.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 32 of 43 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Dec 6, 2012

That's why I'm making a free-for-all and 1v1 tier list later today.

Not a 2v2 one though. 2v2 sucks.

Message 33 of 43 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Lol, this is the only fighter I play. I dont care for mvc3 or street fighter. There not my type of fighters. Evil cole, and drake are my main concerns not sackboy. Every character has combos in this game do not try not to use them. I don't use combo oriented characters excepts for Dante,Kratos, sir Dan, and parappa ( not my main list). Parappas gameplay is solely fixed on getting a combo off but he can spam the same attack to win too. That's my problem stop spamming
Message 34 of 43 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 6, 2012
2v2 does suck
Message 35 of 43 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Isuppose some degree of spam is needed for some characters to gain ap effectively. not the whole time but in small doses
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 36 of 43 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Superbot will not address spamming, apart from change a few AP gains.

If you don't know how to avoid or get around a spammer, then there's something wrong with you, not the player who figured out your biggest weakness. The same move, over and over again. What kryptonite that is.

Message 37 of 43 (90 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 6, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
Lol, this is the only fighter I play. I dont care for mvc3 or street fighter. There not my type of fighters. Evil cole, and drake are my main concerns not sackboy. Every character has combos in this game do not try not to use them. I don't use combo oriented characters excepts for Dante,Kratos, sir Dan, and parappa ( not my main list). Parappas gameplay is solely fixed on getting a combo off but he can spam the same attack to win too. That's my problem stop spamming

yeah becuase some chars are combos are really worth AP wise to use /Sarcasm

I will use radec for instance  do his trial combos first they are hard as hell to pull off second they give you crap AP lol so you think if radec has a clear shoot at you with the sniper he should go running at you doing a combo that neats him like 5+ AP than a sniper shoot? why would you? if you can gain 5 less AP and keep your distance and not get hitted? radec combos must be the most situational combos ever  and you shouldnt even use them becuase even in pratice they are horrible to pull off radec should use side square combo and  the grenades/shotgun at close range all the rest isnt worth the effort. its all a matter of AP if his close combate gainned more AP then sure some ppl would try but it really doesnt get almost nothing.

Message 38 of 43 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 6, 2012

As a veteran Parappa player, I can tell a bad Parappa player from a great one. Parappa has some long a.s.s combos, but those mosty require no skill, they are instead quite unsafe moves that lead in to those combos. A Parappa that bounces me off of walls and uses the environment to make the most out of his grabs and punches is way more skilled.

Message 39 of 43 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 6, 2012
I said spamming Pedro obviously, it's one or two attacks over and over again
Message 40 of 43 (91 Views)
0 Likes