Jul 03 2012
By: xTromzHD Hekseville Citizen 325 posts

Combat?

4 replies 361 views Edited Jul 3, 2012

How will it work in this game?

Will it be directions + Square, Circle and Triangle?

If it is, I believe that
Square - Low AP rise, Minimum pushback, fast recovery
Triangle - Mild AP rise, Average pushback, average recovery
Circle- High AP rise, Maximum pushback, slow recovery

This would seem fair, for a square move, someone may have a punch, fast recovery, not that strong
for a triangle move someone might have a more stronger and focused hit, the power of the hit makes the recovery slower
also for a circle move, it may be a special move, like brawls smash moves, stronger hit, recovery is very slow because the power of the hit
what do you think?

Message 1 of 5 (361 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Re: Combat?

Jul 3, 2012
I just hope it's fun and different for each character
Photobucket
Message 2 of 5 (341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Yeah i'm really hoping the moves are diverse and fun. I'm worried that what I've seen from all the gameplay on YouTube that a lot of the characters have very similar moves...and there's only eight so far. It seems like many characters have a "dive bomb" move where when they are in the air they can fast fall into the ground to attack (Fat Princess, Sly, and Sweet Tooth come to mind) and a lot of characters seem to have a side dash move. Also, Parappa's and Fat Princess' level 2 super are almost identical. Even Big Daddy's is similar in the sense that you just move around really fast and if you touch someone they die.
Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Personally im thinking it will be somewhat tied to certain weapons. Looking at Kratos, id be willing to bet his square and circle are his blades and maybe magic, while triangle are his other weapons, like the Nemean Cestus and such. just a hunch.

But, Its more likely that there will be no set ties to the face buttons, otherwise the controls would have said so.

Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
46 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Agreed.

I am really scared that the combat will be practically the same for every character.

Message 5 of 5 (279 Views)
0 Likes