Nov 21 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9819 posts

Combat Problems

[ Edited ]
2 replies 55 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

I've been going through the fight trials with evil cole, and I've noticed quite a few problems in the combat and I'm not sure if they're intended or if they're bugs.  

Permeable platforms: 

For example, on the hot shots golf map.  If you go to the highest point in the map and use a down + square attack, instead of hitting that platform, you'll just fall right through...this seriously messes up a lot of my strategies and doesn't seem to have any real purpose.  

Stun + finishers:

So I was fighting my clone a few times today and I realized, there's a lot of things that he does easily that I can't do.  Say, if you charge up your circle attack, and let go he'll do a powerful flaming punch that knocks them down.  Cool, alright.  But if you push R2 doing your level 1 super attack, it doesn't always work, but the AI can seem to do it no problem.  

Not only that, but a lot of the time I'll try to dodge a super, and it won't work, and my enemy will be in the middle of my attack and just before I'm supposed to lift them up they roll and get away, but if I try this same strategy, I just get lifted up and shot across the map.  

Also, yesterday when I was playing as ratchet, his level 1 killed someone who wasn't in front of me, he was realy close but above or even slightly behind me and I killed him.  I think the hit boxes might need to be looked into.  

EDIT:

Another problem I've been having is controller input problems.  I'll be holding forward to run away, then I'll stop holding it to do a vanilla face button attack and it'll react like I'm still pushing the forward + O attack.

I keep getting flipped around too, for some odd reason.  If I roll or do certain attacks it just puts me the opposite direction.  

Message 1 of 3 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: Combat Problems

Nov 21, 2012

Dealing with the first issue of falling through the platform, don't hold down when using down+square, your character will go through any surface that it is possible to go through if you hold down while doing that. Just tap down+square to initate the attack then let go and they'll hit the first platform they come into contact with.

Message 2 of 3 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9819 posts

Re: Combat Problems

Nov 21, 2012

BrianMX34 wrote:

Dealing with the first issue of falling through the platform, don't hold down when using down+square, your character will go through any surface that it is possible to go through if you hold down while doing that. Just tap down+square to initate the attack then let go and they'll hit the first platform they come into contact with.

Ah ok, thanks a lot.  That's acctually pretty cool then haha. 

Message 3 of 3 (25 Views)
0 Likes