Dec 20 2012
By: bowser81 First Son 5 posts

Cole's Combos

10 replies 1197 views Edited Dec 20, 2012

Does good cole have any major combos? I play with raiden and I can get 90 AP combos with ease but when I move over to Cole the max I ever get is 60 with the freeze and then side square combo? Can any good cole players lend me some advice bc Ive been struggling with him lately.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Re: Cole's Combos

Dec 20, 2012
heh, we use the same two characters... Which Cole we talking about? I'm guessing Good Cole, anyways his combos are high level combos, they aren't easy at all. Allstararena.com <<<<Go there and under forums click Either Cole and you can check out their combos.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (1,193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Some of them dont seem to work but thanks the thread helped alot.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Try Thunderdrop, Freeze, Induction Grind- Gigawatt Blades, Jump, Lightning Tether, Amp Swing. You can also make this a burst combo via Thunderdrop, Amp Swing - Stun, Induction Grind, Gigawatt Blades, Jump, Lightning Tether, Amp Swing.

That's all I know.

If Evil Cole is the poison you picked, do Charged Rush Punch, Low Thunderdrop, Induction Grind- Gigawatt Blades, Jump, Lightning Tether, Firebird Charge.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Little tip. His square + square + square is sometimes u can combo sometimes not it's random. I gotta 145 ap combo but can't always land it
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (1,160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
Little tip. His square + square + square is sometimes u can combo sometimes not it's random. I gotta 145 ap combo but can't always land it

Is it the one posted above? Just curious. 

I have a non-situational one, or so I thought. I recently learned it only works on Sweet Tooth.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (1,152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

If we're talking about Good Cole the most reliable combo I use in FFA is a simple one, but useful since you don't need to stick your neck into a fray to start it:

Stick a shock grenade (Right Triangle) to someone and keep them at a decent range, when it detonates it sends them flying up without invincibility, follow it up with lightning tether (Air Right square), and a simple air combo (square, square). Get out of there while dropping ice on anyone below with Up Circle, and repeat.

Of course you already know that there's a chance during a regular Square combo Good Cole will stun his enemy rather than send them flying;

Cole's random stun animation.

This is a prime moment to maximize his AP gain, shame it's random, but the payoff is worth it;

Start with a Thunder Drop (Air; Down Square)

Basic combo (Square, Square, Square) (stuns)

Thunder Drop (Ground; Down Square)

Ice ball (Forward Circle)

Basic combo (Square, Square, Square)

The combo will end with you gaining around 140-150 AP. Depending on what move Cole uses to end his second combo.

Edit: If you do this to an enemy pressed up against a wall, Don't use the ice ball, it will miss smaller characters and mess up the entire combo.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (1,142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Dec 20, 2012

A few things I found on Cole:

Spam, a lot with his Forward triangle until you have to engage.

Down circle -> Downcircle -> Forward Triangle

Really quick 60 AP if you need to get out of the situation real quick

A lot of the time, Forward triangle pops them into the air just high enough to short hop and forward square, setting you up for a lot of combos

To make easy combos, try catching people in the air with forward square into forward circle, then jump back up and combo them.

Also, if you use up triangle, you can cast regular triangle and the ball will hit in the direction you shoot it at. Do that, it's really effective in a lot of situations

easiest high Ap combo: forward square, square square, jump, forward square into forward circle, fall, jump into forward square then square square.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (1,079 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Protip: Never do a Cole combo with Evil Cole and vice-versa.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes