Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: Cole's Alt (?) , Unconfirmed Stages, Stock and Team Battle.

Sep 28, 2012

No Resident Evil rep please. I mean it's hardly even horror, if you wanted an actual horror rep then grab someone like Isaac Clarke from Dead Space or Pyramid Head from SIlent Hill, you know characters that actually embody horror, not crappy Gears of War clones. We don't need RE in here, it's on so many consoles it really could be representative of any console. We've got Dante as our Capcom rep and that's all we need, he actually makes sense as a character. If we had to have another Capcom rep it would absolutely need to be Amaterasu from Okami and no one else.

Message 21 of 33 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1476 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I want Wesker
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 22 of 33 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Spiroff23 wrote:

No Resident Evil rep please. I mean it's hardly even horror, if you wanted an actual horror rep then grab someone like Isaac Clarke from Dead Space or Pyramid Head from SIlent Hill, you know characters that actually embody horror, not crappy Gears of War clones. We don't need RE in here, it's on so many consoles it really could be representative of any console. We've got Dante as our Capcom rep and that's all we need, he actually makes sense as a character. If we had to have another Capcom rep it would absolutely need to be Amaterasu from Okami and no one else.

Go play the Resident Evil 1 remake for Gamecube, then tell me it isn't a horror game. The atmosphere of that game is incredible. Also, RE2 and 3 were some of THE BEST games that the PSX had to offer. 

If this game sells well, I can see Capcom wanting to lend some characters for DLC.

Message 23 of 33 (156 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I want Isaac Clarke as well. Not just horror rep but re2 was on the ps1. So more ps1 reps. People know re more so than they know dead space.
Message 24 of 33 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Sep 28, 2012

RE has a bad reputation these days for going the action root. I've played the RE remake on gamecube and it is not a horror game. Play Silent Hill 2, THAT is a horror game. Once again we don't need another Capcom rep, especially from a franchise that doesn't have a true home on any console, especially PlayStation

Message 25 of 33 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 28, 2012
cole outfit part is a concept image.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 26 of 33 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
863 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Pyramid head ...!!! Sony makes the silent hill movies if I remember correctly.
Message 27 of 33 (108 Views)
Wastelander
687 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Let me correct something, Isaac Clarke has a Very slim chance. Silent hill has a higher chance but not more than an RE rep. Resident evil rivaled Silent hill back in the day and has a bunch of playstation exclusive game. Silent hill 2 wasn't that scary, it was more so about the image behind it. Plus only SH 1 and Origins were exclusive to a playstation system. Soon to be Book of Memories.

Resident Evil has a bunch of history. They deserve a rep.

Also yes, Leon was in the most recent RE movie.
persona 4 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 28 of 33 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Desperately want a Resident Evil rep, ideally classic Jill Valantine but if not Leon. 

Resident Evil is the definitive horror series, what they did for playstation is undeniable. games, 1-3, Code Veronica, outbreak and Zero are still among the best in horror gaming. Saying its not horror is ridiculous. A Resi rep should have been high on their list.

Message 29 of 33 (85 Views)
Wastelander
687 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Personally I agree with Classic Jill. I would take her over Leon, but if not I'm just happy that we can get one or the other. (If we can even get one.)

persona 4 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 30 of 33 (71 Views)
0 Likes