Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If that were true Lightning would be in second place and has contributed to the sales of the PSP and PS3.  Anyway, in business logic Cloud is the lowest common denominator because he's an irrelvent character to the market in terms of game releases.  To a nostalgia addict or fanboy they would see it differently because they don't understand business.  I don't know why you guys argue business with me when I've taken business classes. Woman Frustrated

Noc, let's be real. If the next PS system launched with a remake of Final Fantasy VII. It would sell gloriously. It's fanbase is pretty much equivalent to the Metal Gear fanbase. (There's also some overlap there.)

I know the fanbase of FF7 and if the PS3 did release with a Remake of FF7 that would be cool.  But, the chances of that are slim to nothing unless a new Final Fantasy is a bigger success than FF7.  As for FFVersus13 while still relevant to advertisement, it's also irrelevant to the market since there hasn't been any real updates for a while.  As well as FFVersus13 doesn't have a projected released date of what year it will come out.  I know it isn't 2013 because Lightning Returns is slated for Fall or Winter this year.  Taking into consideration of the MGS comparison isn't exactly the best comparison since Snake and Big Boss have release dates.  The characters are relevant to the market with the MGS4 25th Anniversary re-release and as well as MGS: Ground Zeores and MGS5: The Phantom Pain.

I fully understand the marketing perspective. The only way Cloud or any early FF character can get in by this point is to have the rights purchased, or as a "gift" from SE. (See: Twin Snakes) Because they've currently got no reason to market FFVII anymore with the "Compilation of VII" project ending last year with the PC re-release.

I'm glad that you understand what I'm saying.

I know, it's a rarity so enjoy it. Smiley Tongue
It's the complete opposite when you tell me that Final Hallway XIII is "good". Smiley LOL

It is rare xD and as for FF13 I personally think the stoyrline and characters were intelegently written.  Although, that doesn't mean I would say it was executed well.  Another thing is I think that game recieves critisism in wrong places a lot of the time.  If anything, I think the 360 version should the number criticized thing about FF13.  Because of the 360 version I would say around 30% to 40% of the game was either cut out or toned down so the PS3 version would mirror the 360 version.

Um,  "stoyrline"? "intelegently"? "receives"?

And you were doing so well, Noc! Smiley LOL

Personally, I'm a plot twist fanatic to be honest.  Storylines with plot twist are generally my bread an butter when playing games. Smiley Tongue

Message 41 of 56 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Cloud is killing the final fantasy poll

Jan 23, 2013

RKOBlink22 wrote:
Didn't a forum moderator make the poll? Should that count as someone with importance?

Not really since they barely ever show up, have no relation to SB or SE and dont pull any weight within Sony. 

aaand I actually thought ff13 was fun, I absolutely hated every character except Sazh, and the hallways but I thoroughly enjoyed every fight Smiley Very Happy the game is very pretty lol

Message 42 of 56 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 23, 2013

i LUV cloud = ) hope he make it.

Message 43 of 56 (149 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 23, 2013

boboMELOSHE wrote:

RKOBlink22 wrote:
Didn't a forum moderator make the poll? Should that count as someone with importance?

Not really since they barely ever show up, have no relation to SB or SE and dont pull any weight within Sony. 

aaand I actually thought ff13 was fun, I absolutely hated every character except Sazh, and the hallways but I thoroughly enjoyed every fight Smiley Very Happy the game is very pretty lol

I will say that the battle theme is STILL stuck in my head. And I haven't touched it since launch. Catchy stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 44 of 56 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I really hope he's in, he's a great character and his game was such a huge hit on PS One, I don't have anything against Lightning but there's alreay too much propaganda for unreleased titles in the game (Revengeance Ray and Raiden's moveset and two stages based on Bioshock Infinite) BTW I was thinking on why the Songbird didn't appear as a playable character instead of Big Daddy, he's supposed to be something akin to his replacement for the near future.

Message 45 of 56 (122 Views)
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Meh I would rather not have any more sword weilding square bashers but FF fans love their chick looking dudes so square bashing here we come!

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 46 of 56 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

Meh I would rather not have any more sword weilding square bashers but FF fans love their chick looking dudes so square bashing here we come!

riiiight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 47 of 56 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I'm not surprised cloud is in the lead. FF7 hands down was my favorite FF game. Now, whoever we get, we get, but cloud has appeared in a few old school ps1 fighting games. And lightning, I barely even remember.

Way too many choices.. But idk a lesser known FF rep could bring some unique gameplay and movesets. Someone like RedX111, Vivi, Tifa, or Maybe resurrect aeris. Just thought if throw in my 2 cents Smiley Tongue
Message 48 of 56 (96 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
266 posts

Jan 23, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 your dumb for everthing you said...you mad bro? Cloud is better then everybody in your whole family!!!

Message 49 of 56 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 23, 2013

killeralston22 wrote:

BIGPOPPA21089 your dumb for everthing you said...you mad bro? Cloud is better then everybody in your whole family!!!

This comment was not idiotic in any way, I assure you, those who are reading.

Message 50 of 56 (77 Views)
0 Likes