Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Re: Cloud is killing the final fantasy poll

Jan 23, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

link3249 wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that rumor was disproved a long time ago.

Oh, was it? I'm not one to keep on track with video game news, so there's bound to be stuff I would miss. My bad, then.

Real shame, though.

And to be honest, it really wouldn't make sense either. Final Fantasy VS XIII uses a lot of mythos from the XIII Universe. It would be a closer relation to the XIII Universe then its own universe (XV). I know other Final Fantasy iterations borrow elements from each other, but if you really do read up on the XIII universe, you'll see the significance of Etro and the power of the crystals as well.

Message 31 of 56 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Noc Im like the best Dante I can teach you some things but it's extremely hard to teach. Are you good with canceling?
Message 32 of 56 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 23, 2013

link3249 wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Oh, was it? I'm not one to keep on track with video game news, so there's bound to be stuff I would miss. My bad, then.

Real shame, though.

And to be honest, it really wouldn't make sense either. Final Fantasy VS XIII uses a lot of mythos from the XIII Universe. It would be a closer relation to the XIII Universe then its own universe (XV). I know other Final Fantasy iterations borrow elements from each other, but if you really do read up on the XIII universe, you'll see the significance of Etro and the power of the crystals as well.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I don't know about either game. Not only have I not gotten a chance to play XIII myself (or the sequel), but neither am I the kind of person to read up on things unless I have a real interest at the time to urge me to do so. So I know nothing of the mythos, nor am I willing to look it up seeing as I haven't even played XIII. Which means, unfortunately, your words were wasted on me. Sorry.

Message 33 of 56 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Noctis ftw!
Play For Fun!
Message 34 of 56 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 23, 2013

link3249 wrote:

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

link3249 wrote:

Real shame, though.

True but when have we ever seen a main console FF title like this be a gaiden and not main series. Plus the XIII brand is damaged after the less successful XIII-2 and looking to be even less successful Lightning Returns. It would be good business sense to change Versus XIII to FFXV. The game can keep the same mythos and still be a main series title. Final Fantasy Agito XIII was changed to Final Fantasy Type-0 and kept the mythos just fine.

Message 35 of 56 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 23, 2013

pb_mal wrote:
Noc Im like the best Dante I can teach you some things but it's extremely hard to teach. Are you good with canceling?

Not exactly but I'll try to learn.

Message 36 of 56 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If that were true Lightning would be in second place and has contributed to the sales of the PSP and PS3.  Anyway, in business logic Cloud is the lowest common denominator because he's an irrelvent character to the market in terms of game releases.  To a nostalgia addict or fanboy they would see it differently because they don't understand business.  I don't know why you guys argue business with me when I've taken business classes. Woman Frustrated

Noc, let's be real. If the next PS system launched with a remake of Final Fantasy VII. It would sell gloriously. It's fanbase is pretty much equivalent to the Metal Gear fanbase. (There's also some overlap there.)

I know the fanbase of FF7 and if the PS3 did release with a Remake of FF7 that would be cool.  But, the chances of that are slim to nothing unless a new Final Fantasy is a bigger success than FF7.  As for FFVersus13 while still relevant to advertisement, it's also irrelevant to the market since there hasn't been any real updates for a while.  As well as FFVersus13 doesn't have a projected released date of what year it will come out.  I know it isn't 2013 because Lightning Returns is slated for Fall or Winter this year.  Taking into consideration of the MGS comparison isn't exactly the best comparison since Snake and Big Boss have release dates.  The characters are relevant to the market with the MGS4 25th Anniversary re-release and as well as MGS: Ground Zeores and MGS5: The Phantom Pain.

I fully understand the marketing perspective. The only way Cloud or any early FF character can get in by this point is to have the rights purchased, or as a "gift" from SE. (See: Twin Snakes) Because they've currently got no reason to market FFVII anymore with the "Compilation of VII" project ending last year with the PC re-release.

I'm glad that you understand what I'm saying.

Message 37 of 56 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If that were true Lightning would be in second place and has contributed to the sales of the PSP and PS3.  Anyway, in business logic Cloud is the lowest common denominator because he's an irrelvent character to the market in terms of game releases.  To a nostalgia addict or fanboy they would see it differently because they don't understand business.  I don't know why you guys argue business with me when I've taken business classes. Woman Frustrated

Noc, let's be real. If the next PS system launched with a remake of Final Fantasy VII. It would sell gloriously. It's fanbase is pretty much equivalent to the Metal Gear fanbase. (There's also some overlap there.)

I know the fanbase of FF7 and if the PS3 did release with a Remake of FF7 that would be cool.  But, the chances of that are slim to nothing unless a new Final Fantasy is a bigger success than FF7.  As for FFVersus13 while still relevant to advertisement, it's also irrelevant to the market since there hasn't been any real updates for a while.  As well as FFVersus13 doesn't have a projected released date of what year it will come out.  I know it isn't 2013 because Lightning Returns is slated for Fall or Winter this year.  Taking into consideration of the MGS comparison isn't exactly the best comparison since Snake and Big Boss have release dates.  The characters are relevant to the market with the MGS4 25th Anniversary re-release and as well as MGS: Ground Zeores and MGS5: The Phantom Pain.

I fully understand the marketing perspective. The only way Cloud or any early FF character can get in by this point is to have the rights purchased, or as a "gift" from SE. (See: Twin Snakes) Because they've currently got no reason to market FFVII anymore with the "Compilation of VII" project ending last year with the PC re-release.

I know, it's a rarity so enjoy it. Smiley Tongue
It's the complete opposite when you tell me that Final Hallway XIII is "good". Smiley LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 38 of 56 (103 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

It's the complete opposite when you tell me that Final Hallway XIII is "good". Smiley LOL

It is rare xD and as for FF13 I personally think the stoyrline and characters were intelegently written.  Although, that doesn't mean I would say it was executed well.  Another thing is I think that game recieves critisism in wrong places a lot of the time.  If anything, I think the 360 version should the number criticized thing about FF13.  Because of the 360 version I would say around 30% to 40% of the game was either cut out or toned down so the PS3 version would mirror the 360 version.

Message 39 of 56 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

It is rare xD and as for FF13 I personally think the stoyrline and characters were intelegently written.  Although, that doesn't mean I would say it was executed well.  Another thing is I think that game recieves critisism in wrong places a lot of the time.  If anything, I think the 360 version should the number criticized thing about FF13.  Because of the 360 version I would say around 30% to 40% of the game was either cut out or toned down so the PS3 version would mirror the 360 version.

Um,  "stoyrline"? "intelegently"? "receives"?

And you were doing so well, Noc! Smiley LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 40 of 56 (89 Views)
0 Likes