Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 56 (141 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Cloud is killing the final fantasy poll

Jan 23, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If that were true Lightning would be in second place and has contributed to the sales of the PSP and PS3.  Anyway, in business logic Cloud is the lowest common denominator because he's an irrelvent character to the market in terms of game releases.  To a nostalgia addict or fanboy they would see it differently because they don't understand business.  I don't know why you guys argue business with me when I've taken business classes. :womanfrustrated:

Noc, let's be real. If the next PS system launched with a remake of Final Fantasy VII. It would sell gloriously. It's fanbase is pretty much equivalent to the Metal Gear fanbase. (There's also some overlap there.)

I know the fanbase of FF7 and if the PS3 did release with a Remake of FF7 that would be cool.  But, the chances of that are slim to nothing unless a new Final Fantasy is a bigger success than FF7.  As for FFVersus13 while still relevant to advertisement, it's also irrelevant to the market since there hasn't been any real updates for a while.  As well as FFVersus13 doesn't have a projected released date of what year it will come out.  I know it isn't 2013 because Lightning Returns is slated for Fall or Winter this year.  Taking into consideration of the MGS comparison isn't exactly the best comparison since Snake and Big Boss have release dates.  The characters are relevant to the market with the MGS4 25th Anniversary re-release and as well as MGS: Ground Zeores and MGS5: The Phantom Pain.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 56 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 23, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
You know what...Noctis for All Stars is a pretty good idea. Imagine the hype if they announced Versus is on track with some new footage & then a small side announcement by Omar Kendall of Noctis' inclusion in PSABR.

Dude, that'd be genius. I did hear rumors of Versus becoming the next official Final Fantasy, XV, instead of being the awkward, distant cousin of XIII. Of course, being a rumor, it's not reliable. However, should that be true, and Square-Enix be willing to have a Final Fantasy representative be included in this game, Noctis would be a perfect choice seeing as his game has been hyped for years. It would add a lot of attention to both games.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that rumor was disproved a long time ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 56 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I wouldn't call it, just because he's first on the poll doesn't mean Square-Enix will do it.  Then in second place is Lightning, although the gap is big.  If SuperBot can't get Cloud then the poll tells them that, Lightning is the next best thing that the fans want.  If Square-Enix knows business and I know they do.  They'll pick go with the what's best to promote Lightning Return's 2013 release date.  Althouth, Like I said earlier it's far too soon to call with business logic involved.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME?!?! I love your posts btw. :smileyhappy: :heart:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 56 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I was ban for a while and thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 56 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Noc why don't you play anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 56 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I guess I got bored of getting owned all the time because Dante wasn't good enough and too slow.  I know about the patch and I'm not sure if I really want to play until DLC on the 12th of next month.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 56 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I guess I got bored of getting owned all the time because Dante wasn't good enough and too slow.  I know about the patch and I'm not sure if I really want to play until DLC on the 12th of next month.

If you learn how to bold cancel with Dante you will be the one doing the owning. :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 56 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 23, 2013

link3249 wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that rumor was disproved a long time ago.

Oh, was it? I'm not one to keep on track with video game news, so there's bound to be stuff I would miss. My bad, then.

Real shame, though.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 56 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

If that were true Lightning would be in second place and has contributed to the sales of the PSP and PS3.  Anyway, in business logic Cloud is the lowest common denominator because he's an irrelvent character to the market in terms of game releases.  To a nostalgia addict or fanboy they would see it differently because they don't understand business.  I don't know why you guys argue business with me when I've taken business classes. :womanfrustrated:

Noc, let's be real. If the next PS system launched with a remake of Final Fantasy VII. It would sell gloriously. It's fanbase is pretty much equivalent to the Metal Gear fanbase. (There's also some overlap there.)

I know the fanbase of FF7 and if the PS3 did release with a Remake of FF7 that would be cool.  But, the chances of that are slim to nothing unless a new Final Fantasy is a bigger success than FF7.  As for FFVersus13 while still relevant to advertisement, it's also irrelevant to the market since there hasn't been any real updates for a while.  As well as FFVersus13 doesn't have a projected released date of what year it will come out.  I know it isn't 2013 because Lightning Returns is slated for Fall or Winter this year.  Taking into consideration of the MGS comparison isn't exactly the best comparison since Snake and Big Boss have release dates.  The characters are relevant to the market with the MGS4 25th Anniversary re-release and as well as MGS: Ground Zeores and MGS5: The Phantom Pain.

I fully understand the marketing perspective. The only way Cloud or any early FF character can get in by this point is to have the rights purchased, or as a "gift" from SE. (See: Twin Snakes) Because they've currently got no reason to market FFVII anymore with the "Compilation of VII" project ending last year with the PC re-release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 56 (94 Views)
0 Likes